• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shortballking

Herbert Moran (7)
By my reckoning this weekends trials are:

Joeys v Oakhill at ?

Kings v Stannies @ Bathurst.

New v St Pats/SGS at Strathfield.

TAC v Kinross at Coonabarabran.

View v St Augustines at ?

Shore v ? have internal trials. (Thanks for the info @Not in straight)

Scots v ?

High v ?

Edit: updated from info below.

Can anyone confirm where the view vs auggies game will be? Rat park or view homeground 3:15?

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
shame that Joeys v Oakhill game is not at Hunters Hill, as I think it will be a good game ... Oakhill has some very good forwards and good backs

so with Joeys now fielding their 1st stringers ... could be an interesting game

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
shame that Joeys v Oakhill game is not at Hunters Hill, as I think it will be a good game . Oakhill has some very good forwards and good backs

so with Joeys now fielding their 1st stringers . could be an interesting game

Will be interesting to see whom makes the Joeys 1st XV backline.

With Wright, Williams, King, Goodman, Clements, Jaffer-Williams, Barnes, Ofahengaue and Grant just a few in the running - will be interesting to see which way they go.

Any ideas of this weeks team?

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
anyone Anyone seen the front row of news News 2s team? their They're looking pretty lethal.

Do you want another go?
You are nearly there!

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
The honeylover tried to edit their (gender ambiguous) post
they neglected an apostrophe for two reasons:
Newington was abbreviated and it owns the second grade front row being discussed. If the usual course of discussion in this place is continued, they would not be far from being invited to Brisbane in September or October.

Nectarphiliac

Chris McKivat (8)
The honeylover tried to edit their (gender ambiguous) post
they neglected an apostrophe for two reasons:
Newington was abbreviated and it owns the second grade front row being discussed. If the usual course of discussion in this place is continued, they would not be far from being invited to Brisbane in September or October.

thanks for that sarco, please call me nectar. Btw does anyone know when the inspector will be returning?

mark7

Stan Wickham (3)
King's recently just picked there teams for stannies this week with the aths boys now back. the 1st squad looking tough to beat

1. Harrison Chapman -2nds
2. Daniel Lombardi - 16A's
3. Sunny Kim- 16A's
4. Alex Moore- 1sts
5. Nick Brown- 1sts
6. James Lynch- 16A's
7. Dylan Peitsch- 16A's
8. Joe Skelly- 16A's
9. Louie Heaton- 2nd's/1sts
10. Daniel Polleto- 2nds
11. Jake La Ferla- 1sts
12. Matt Orpen- 16A's
13. Nick Stubbs- 1sts
14. Chris Orpen- 1sts
15. Rhys Millar- 16A's

Anyone got a scots lineup

Nectarphiliac

Chris McKivat (8)
Dear all,

To begin I would like to apologise for my actions on this forum previously, I know they broke the terms and conditions. What I request from you fellow "footyheads" is a clean slate in which I may discuss this gentleman's sport.

Kind Regards

Ebolainspector

guys i think this is an appropriate apology from ebolainspector, i know his posts were somewhat vile, but i think he deserves a second chance. Just remember as the old saying goes, "A piece of nectar is a heavy thing to carry".

Nectarphiliac

Chris McKivat (8)
Hello all, I am new to this forum and I am very pump overjoyed with the opportunity to discuss and debate feisty topics, as a sydney grammar old boy i cannot watch my beloved school but am still a rugby nut and love to watch high level school boy rugby on a saturday arvo, maybe after a few quiet ones ;). Anyway thats i little about myself and I'm excited for this years prosperous endeavour into schoolboy rugby.

Chereo all

welcome to the party that is Schoolboy Rugby, glad to have a fellow parent on board and welcome you to the forum. I myself being an old boy of river view am an avid union enthusiast and enjoy watching a good old game of footy. However, lets get on with it. Any thoughts for the iggies game this weekend?

cheers
MDM

E

ebolainspector

The Newington 1st 15 for this weekends clash with toowoomba college:

1. Storey (1sts)
2. Goodman (16a)
3. Wilson (2nds)
4. Mannix (2nds)
5. Piroddi (1sts)
6. Clifford (1sts)
7. McKay (16a)
8. Lawson (16a)
9. Long (1st/2nds)
10. Kunzel (16a/2nds)
11. Gilfedder (16as)
12. Murray (1sts)
13. Kennewell (1sts)
14. Taukamo (16a)
15. Loga-Tarogi (1sts)
Note: Missing the fabled jose duarte, who can be confirmed is out with multiple disc issues in his lower back, a significant loss to the back row of this team.

Nectarphiliac

Chris McKivat (8)

1. Storey (1sts)
2. Goodman (16a)
3. Wilson (2nds)
4. Mannix (2nds)
5. Piroddi (1sts)
6. Clifford (1sts)
7. McKay (16a)
8. Lawson (16a)
9. Long (1st/2nds)
10. Kunzel (16a/2nds)
11. Gilfedder (16as)
12. Murray (1sts)
13. Kennewell (1sts)
14. Taukamo (16a)
15. Loga-Tarogi (1sts)
Note: Missing the fabled jose duarte, who can be confirmed is out with multiple disc issues in his lower back, a significant loss to the back row of this team.

that seems like a lethal line up. I haven't heard of goodman at hooker tho, however i do i think i remember seeing his name on the Head of the River program, and if i recall correct he rowed in the 2nd VIII which came 3rd. That being said im sure he is quite capable of putting the 2 jersey on and getting the job done.

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)

1. Storey (1sts)
2. Goodman (16a)
3. Wilson (2nds)
4. Mannix (2nds)
5. Piroddi (1sts)
6. Clifford (1sts)
7. McKay (16a)
8. Lawson (16a)
9. Long (1st/2nds)
10. Kunzel (16a/2nds)
11. Gilfedder (16as)
12. Murray (1sts)
13. Kennewell (1sts)
14. Taukamo (16a)
15. Loga-Tarogi (1sts)
Did no15 repeat yr 12?

Nectarphiliac

Chris McKivat (8)
Have seen Sunny Kim's name floating around in a number of rep team lists in the past couple years (Presidents XV, Northern Zone etc). He obviously is a formidable player with his decorated resume, but there never seems to be so much written about him.

Has anyone seen him play before and if so, what is he like?

quick, agile, tenacious. It is clear that even from a young age rising through the ranks, he will turn out to be a pivotal member for tks 1st XV, in fact both my sons enjoy watching him too.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
GPS match reports 2015

We are still looking for writers for the reports we do every weekend.

We have no writers at all for Newington or Scots and in the cases where we have only one writer for a school we'd like to have a second one to spread the load of the five home games.

So if anybody can help out we could send you some guidelines.

Please send me a "Conversation" post. Click on "Inbox" to start.

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
If Kings are heading to Bathurst they will win in a tight match
any competitors may leave that city with a confused understanding of the laws of rugby and how they are to be interpreted or applied
Having been conditioned to the climate for any tours of South Africa Argentina or France they may need some level of counselling/ debriefing before re-entering any Sydney competition, but they will have a new found appreciation of the work done by local managers of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.