• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
I'd be surprised if Rixon is moved to halfback now - Haskins played well and put through the box kick that lead to Rixon's try. I think they like Rixon's speed wider.

But I understand your thinking as he played halfback in the seconds last year and the year before he was selected as the Sydney and NSW U15 halfback - ahead of the likes of Will Wennerbom (Joeys 1st XV halfback) and Harrison Goddard (current Aust schools halfback / Oakhill).

Oli Cowley may have a job on his hands deposing Lachie Patrick whom has taken all his chances in the No. 10 jersey thus far.
There are some quality players there. just need to get the combination right.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Nothing unusual.
He is coming back from injury Quick Hands.
He was originally scheduled for a lighter run but stepped up when there were late injuries.
He will be a force again this year.
Even lacking match fitness he made his presence felt.

He's a top quality player and will no doubt be pressing for higher honours as the season unfolds.

jhro7

Bob McCowan (2)
personally i was surprised at some of the selections from scots. Cullen, Mclachlan, Simpson, Currans and girdler all listed in twos? interesting....

Rob hart

Ted Thorn (20)
personally i was surprised at some of the selections from scots. Cullen, Mclachlan, Simpson, Currans and girdler all listed in twos? interesting..

Agree seems apart from Strath Yeo all the starters were from the 16"s? Suspect it will be a diffrent line up on Saturday...... Simpson was good enough to step in for Crichton last year against Joeys ....... Seemed very strange he did not start in 1"s at 12.........

jhro7

Bob McCowan (2)
Agree seems apart from Strath Yeo all the starters were from the 16"s? Suspect it will be a diffrent line up on Saturday.. Simpson was good enough to step in for Crichton last year against Joeys ... Seemed very strange he did not start in 1"s at 12...

Only time will tell, im with you on those comments about simpson he should be in there somewhere... i think yeo was good, but surely cullen could slot in somewhere

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
I think you will find most if not all you listed will be in the run on side on Saturday ... They will need a very big turn around in 7 days to beat New ... I think New in my opinion will start short priced favourites ..

I disagree. The defending champs are the favourites considering they've maintained an absurd 7 players from a winning First XV in 2014

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
1st & 2nd XV – Round 1 – K v E, S v N, J v I
3rd XV -Trial 2 – K v E, S v H, J v I, G Bye:)
http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/fixtures/rugby-3/
The stars have aligned and the Rugby Master at The Bye is really happy to be able to give his team some relief.

Instead of having to front up with a non-team to take on Grammar in the AAGPS 3rd XV competition AND Kinross Woloroi in the ISA Div 1 competition, they have cleverly arranged for Kinross Woloroi to play Grammar in a "friendly" so The Bye has a weekend off.

I'm pretty sure the game will be at Orange.

Nectarphiliac

Chris McKivat (8)
I disagree. The defending champs are the favourites considering they've maintained an absurd 7 players from a winning First XV in 2014

Remember, one swallow doesn't make a summer... I think seeing the results of last weeks clash between Kings and Scots, and also the fact that it is only a 7 day turn around, Newington will definitely be going into this match as short priced favourites. I mean we all thought the New vs View game would be closer, but look what happened there.

Major R

Rob hart

Ted Thorn (20)
The stars have aligned and the Rugby Master at The Bye is really happy to be able to give his team some relief.

Instead of having to front up with a non-team to take on Grammar in the AAGPS 3rd XV competition AND Kinross Woloroi in the ISA Div 1 competition, they have cleverly arranged for Kinross Woloroi to play Grammar in a "friendly" so The Bye has a weekend off.

I'm pretty sure the game will be at Orange.

Better pack the fingerless gloves .......

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
personally i was surprised at some of the selections from scots. Cullen, Mclachlan, Simpson, Currans and girdler all listed in twos? interesting..

7 of 8 of last years Scots first XV started in Ists against Kings despite the published team list.

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
Remember, one swallow doesn't make a summer. I think seeing the results of last weeks clash between Kings and Scots, and also the fact that it is only a 7 day turn around, Newington will definitely be going into this match as short priced favourites. I mean we all thought the New vs View game would be closer, but look what happened there.

Major R

I don't think that is the only way of determining who is favourite heading in

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)

Not sure how a team that is more than 50% different to the previous squad can still be considered a favourite. Team dynamics, culture, etc all change with player turnover, year on year.... Such "favouritism" is illogical and is nothing more than self indulgent and chronic delusion.

Nectarphiliac

Chris McKivat (8)

Well here's the thing, they call themselves defending GPS Premiers, and i think they have to live up to that title. Regardless of who played where on Saturday, the fact that they even played one 1st XV player from the team last year in the 2nds is a pretty weird thing to do, I mean, okay it is trials, but you don't change a winning team, so why wouldn't they use the returning players from last year as a scaffold for this years team? Anyway, regardless of that, to go out and lose to Kings, in not even a close game either, further cements my argument of why Scots aren't favourites for this saturday. You look at Newington, a team that was pretty hopeless when this years year 12's were in the 16A's, now siding a dominant team, which gave Riverview a second half belting, its hard not to say that Newington can't be nudging in front as favourites.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth. I'll be watching the game this saturday, and I'm almost always correct in who to tip for the Scots vs New away game. It will be interesting nonetheless, and I guess its safe to say that this saturday is lining up to be a cracker.

Status
Not open for further replies.