• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
DSC_0747_01.JPG

T

themanger

Seems a good team this year, a couple of outsiders for GPS !'s or 2's, Jacob Story the prop has good skills and is tough, and Clifford the #7 has been carrying an injury ,but wont be surprised if he plays his way back into rep calculations, was GPS 3rds last year as well.

My Tips theis week Newington by 1o
Joeys by 6. Riverview by 12.

Clifford is highly overated, not a fan of his style. Jacob story on the otherhand has proven himself to be an absolute animal, well suited to the prop position this year.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Kings 1st XV for this Saturdays game against New.

1. Sunny Kim
2. Daniel Lombardi
3. Harry Chapman
4. Nick Brown
5. Jack Pettittt
6. Dylan Pietsch
7. Fergus Ryan
8. Joey Skelly
9. Louis Heaton (C)
10. Jack Mann - replacing Daniel Poletto (out injured)
11. Jake Laferla
12. Matthew Orpen
13. Nick Stubbs
14. Chris Orpen
15. Rhys Millar

Nectarphiliac

Chris McKivat (8)
Does anyone know which Kings forwards to watch this weekend?? I know Jacob Storey, Tom Piroddi and Charlie Mannix are the usual suspects inflicting damage for newington, but I am curious as to see who will be the standouts for Kings.

Thanks

The has been

Allen Oxlade (6)
Does anyone know which Kings forwards to watch this weekend?? I know Jacob Storey, Tom Piroddi and Charlie Mannix are the usual suspects inflicting damage for newington, but I am curious as to see who will be the standouts for Kings.

Thanks

Last game the Kings #8 Skelly was strong and seemed to lead the pack well, overall the pack works really well together as a unit ,back row is quick to the breakdown,the Newington 6&7 will have to be at their best to get on top.Mannix,Storey and Piroddi could be the diffence with their grunt to get some good go forward ball from Set Plays.

Nectarphiliac

Chris McKivat (8)
Last game the Kings #8 Skelly was strong and seemed to lead the pack well, overall the pack works really well together as a unit ,back row is quick to the breakdown,the Newington 6&7 will have to be at their best to get on top.Mannix,Storey and Piroddi could be the diffence with their grunt to get some good go forward ball from Set Plays.

Thanks The has been,

Are any of these possible GPS representatives??

The has been

Allen Oxlade (6)

Thanks

Hard to judge on one game i have seen them play,but Skelly stood out, his clash with Doyle from Shore was a beauty.Any of the tight 5 may get a game in the other GPS teams, they pick 4 ! i think? The Orpen brothers are both candidates for 2 's or 3's for sure.

T

themanger

fearless predictions

scots to come to the fore and belt the catholics bursting the balloon of overconfidence that has swollen their heads after beating the lace doily makers from across the creek. look for a big performance from the scots pack as they demolish the sausage rolls in the tea closet after.

view to win the game. meanwhile in the car park it will be the finer nz chardonnay, highly polished rm williams boots and better imported brie that will prove the winner for shore in a tight contest

newington proving that the taro root is mightier than a pomme de terre in a match which will see those with sand in their boots stronger than those with western red soil. could be an upset in the after match afters when the pies run out

No need for the racist connotations towards newington thanks mate, we are not about that on the forum. Take your prejudices somewhere else.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Hard to judge on one game i have seen them play,but Skelly stood out, his clash with Doyle from Shore was a beauty.Any of the tight 5 may get a game in the other GPS teams, they pick 4 ! i think? The Orpen brothers are both candidates for 2 's or 3's for sure.

2015 Kings 1st XV players who repped last year:

Sunny Kim - 2014 President A (Prop)
Daniel Lombardi - 2014 President B and NSW Schools U16 (Hooker)
Nick Brown - 2014 President A, GPS Blue and NSW Schools U16 (Lock)
Matt Orpen -2014 Presidents- (Centres)
Nick Stubbs - 2014 GPS Reserves (Centres)
Ryhs Millar - 2014 Presidents A (fullback/wing)
Joey Skelly- 2014 President B (back row)
Dylan Pietsch - 2014 President A (back row)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I notice that in the age groups Grammar are playing Kings Bs and Ds instead of Cs and Es as was the case previously.

Tips for 3rd XV

Shore to beat Riverview
Scots to beat Newington
Grammar to beat Kings
TAS to beat High

theman123

Peter Burge (5)
Kings 1st XV for this Saturdays game against New.

1. Sunny Kim
2. Daniel Lombardi
3. Harry Chapman
4. Nick Brown
5. Jack Pettittt
6. Dylan Pietsch
7. Fergus Ryan
8. Joey Skelly
9. Louis Heaton (C)
10. Jack Mann - replacing Daniel Poletto (out injured)
11. Jake Laferla
12. Matthew Orpen
13. Nick Stubbs
14. Chris Orpen
15. Rhys Millar
Kings look good can't wait to see how they going against new,good match up in the forward.New by 12+

theman123

Peter Burge (5)
Newington 1st 15 for saturday v kings:

1)Opeti
2)teu atiola
3)jacob story
4)Tom piroddi

5)Charlie Mannix
6)adam goodman
7)campbell clifford
8)nathan lawson
9)matthew long
10)hamish duvall
11)tyrone
12)cameron murray
13)simon kenewell
14)sam gilfedder
15)sepesa

Will be an interesting match, boys to watch:
-Tom piroddi
-Simon kennewell

Yours Truly
The Manger

I watch the replay new vs scots saw the number 11 he play well busy work load until the last 5 min saw the palm on scots number 1 and offload for a try nice play. 11 Look very big and strong anyone know how many kg he's.

No12 ,15 and no13 look really good for new.

T

themanger

I watch the replay new vs scots saw the number 11 he play well busy work load until the last 5 min saw the palm on scots number 1 and offload for a try nice play. 11 Look very big and strong anyone know how many kg he's.

No12 ,15 and no13 look really good for new.

No 4. Is one to watch this weekend also, seemingly in good form. Piroddi v brown will be an interesting clash. both forward packs big and mobile, which ever team controls the breakdown will have a key part in who wins in my mind.

Nectarphiliac

Chris McKivat (8)
I agree, Piroddi a state representative going up against Brown will be a very interesting clash to watch unfold. Not only this but the Mannix and Piroddi duo will be a very interesting combination which should cause some for the Kings forwards.

How are both teams looking in the back line?

T

themanger

I agree, Piroddi a state representative going up against Brown will be a very interesting clash to watch unfold. Not only this but the Mannix and Piroddi duo will be a very interesting combination which should cause some for the Kings forwards.

How are both teams looking in the back line?

The clash between both teams #12 and #13 will be an interesting one. Murray and kennewell v M. orpen and stubbs. Judging off the performances at new v scots, both in redhot form. Will be interesting to see what they bring to this game. I notice a change for newington number 10? any idea where H. Duvall has come from? assuming 2nd XV.

Yours Truly,

The Manger

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The clash between both teams #12 and #13 will be an interesting one. Murray and kennewell v M. orpen and stubbs. Judging off the performances at new v scots, both in redhot form. Will be interesting to see what they bring to this game. I notice a change for newington number 10? any idea where H. Duvall has come from? assuming 2nd XV.

Yours Truly,

The Manger

16As 2014, so would assume 2nds 2015.

Byron Williamson

Herbert Moran (7)
I notice that in the age groups Grammar are playing Kings Bs and Ds instead of Cs and Es as was the case previously.

Tips for 3rd XV

Shore to beat Riverview
Scots to beat Newington
Grammar to beat Kings
TAS to beat High

Not sure what you're thinking about your tip with Shore over Riverview. Riverview has looked very strong the last couple games, despite a 19 point loss last week to Joeys, with convincing wins over Newington, and a very narrow loss to Armidale 1st's who are looking strong this year.
On the other side of the coin, it's my understanding that Joeys 3rds beat Shore 3rds by 50 odd only a couple weeks ago. Depth seems to be a problem at Shore this year.

Nectarphiliac

Chris McKivat (8)
Joeys vs Scots: A lot of people are thinking that Scots could pull of an upset win, however I don't think the boys from Hunters Hill will come unprepared. With losses going to Scots(favourites) and Riverview early in the GPS season, I think Joeys will want to send a message to Newington and Kings. Expect to see a big game from Joeys tomorrow.

New vs Kings:I will be out there tomorrow and am expecting a cracker of a game. Very close game to call, but I see Newington getting up tomorrow.

Riverview vs Shore: Although a poor start from Shore, I think Riverview will find some form tomorrow and get that first win of the season.

What is everyone else thinking???

Status
Not open for further replies.