• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cash

Sydney Middleton (9)
This 3's comp is a shamble. Can't wait for TAS, High and Grammar to disappear into the rugby abyss in 2017. Play in the 1's competition or don't play at all. Don't take satisfaction from beating 3rd XV's.
Last time I checked, Kings 3rds are doing a pretty good job of losing every one of their games without High, Grammar and Armidale, three schools who, for the record, seem highly unlikely to even win the competition overall.

Furthermore, your suggestion that TAS, SBHS and SGS should either get thumped every week or not play rugby at all is just plain absurd.

Cash

Sydney Middleton (9)
The games were compressed due to an understanding and agreement from both schools to play all fixtures earlier. Both schools were busing boys back to Sydney for the Wallabies game, and also the City 2 Surf which was on today.

Do you really think that the City2Surf (an event probably participated in by 2 boys in the match MAXIMUM) is a pressing enough reason to reschedule an entire game of rugby?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
This 3's comp is a shamble. Can't wait for TAS, High and Grammar to disappear into the rugby abyss in 2017. Play in the 1's competition or don't play at all. Don't take satisfaction from beating 3rd XV's.

So you'd prefer them to be playing Aussie Rules would you?

Really, you think that rugby is in such a strong position that we can make 3 schools disappear into the abyss?

Wow. With thinking like that you could get a job on the ARU Board.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Good hard rugby it was, but it certainly wasn't wrecked by the king's boys. You're clearly misinformed about king's attitude to coming to TAS. They fielded teams all across the age groups, so not sure where you got your info from. Have you thought about the logistics it takes to move all these teams from Sydney? And trying to account for boys to get back to Sydney for the Wallabies game.

How about the attitude from the TAS 1's? When will the coaches and players realise they are playing in the 3rd XV comp? Talk about a chip on shoulders. An illegal clean out, resulting in a badly broken wrist. Plus a blatant kick to the head of the king's fly half. Right in front of the camera, so that should make for good viewing.

Just a short note on the ref. Way off the pace. Hopelessly biased. 12-3 penalty count in the first half. Long way to travel to get blown off the park.

It seemed to keep you posting away back there in the early days.
Did the grapes turn sour?

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
So you'd prefer them to be playing Aussie Rules would you?

Really, you think that rugby is in such a strong position that we can make 3 schools disappear into the abyss?

Wow. With thinking like that you could get a job on the ARU Board.

Full credit to the Gps for thinking outside the square and trying to even up the comp. The 3rds comp is a great initiative.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Full credit to the Gps for thinking outside the square and trying to even up the comp. The 3rds comp is a great initiative.

Its like a marriage: after so long its easier to stay together and learn to live with the shortcomings.
If you want a model for producing more and better rugby players all the school systems need rationalisation: thats not their role, however.

hollowman

Peter Burge (5)
Your attitude only reinforces my view. The fullback for TAS has stitches to his face from the late high tackle and TAS weren't the ones that threw punches.

shortballking

Herbert Moran (7)
quite impressed by Gus Irons, the hooker for Shore 2nd XV played very well the past few weeks and is a true workhorse, potentially see him in the 1st next week due to injuries

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
bloody hell, Gus Irons the hooker for Shore 2nd XV is an unreal player, played very well on the weekend and is a true workhorse, potentially see him in the 1st next week due to injuries
shore had a pretty heavy injury Toll on Saturday. 2 or 3 concussions plus some pretty bad sprains and knocks. A fair few of the seconds might get a run.

Andrew Wright

Frank Row (1)
Just out of curiosity can a player be cited in GPS footy from game footage? I was a spectator at the Shore vs Kings game and I am sure I saw a strike by one of the kings boys which seemingly connected and led to a concussion of a shore player who consequently didn't play the reminder of the game. The kings player didn't get a card or anything, actually went off injured later in the game.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Just out of curiosity can a player be cited in GPS footy from game footage? I was a spectator at the Shore vs Kings game and I am sure I saw a strike by one of the kings boys which seemingly connected and led to a concussion of a shore player who consequently didn't play the reminder of the game. The kings player didn't get a card or anything, actually went off injured later in the game.
Write a letter to the school if you think it warranted.
You won't be the first.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
I didn't see the incident but heard about it. The touch judge made a report to the ref who did nothing ( I Thought the had an average game at best, reversing penalties for no apparent reason)

Status
Not open for further replies.