• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyril Towers (30)
1978. 3 way tie but moral victory to Joeys who beat the other co premiers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
The record has already fallen. Joeys have 41 rugby teams and Shore have 33.

Yes, I would have thought this would have been the case for many years. In Jika's day every boy at the school had to play Rugby. There was no other winter sport options. The current head seems to be more about diversity, and NOT having a rugby only culture front and centre.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Yes, I would have thought this would have been the case for many years. In Jika's day every boy at the school had to play Rugby. There was no other winter sport options. The current head seems to be more about diversity, and NOT having a rugby only culture front and centre.

Alas, they now run 27 soccer teams & 2 AFL teams. In fact in 14s age group there are the same number of rugby and soccer teams and an AFL team - so only about half of the year group play rugby (quite possibly less when cross country and tae kwon do are factored in)

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
1978 - 3 way tie for the premiership and some history making in that year

IS, I dont think Shore had that bad a season in 1978.

maybe it was another year

Perhaps some of these were trail games, but found these results in The weekly record.

Verses Newington
1st XV: Won 19-9 (Creer, Matthews, Irving tries;
Wileman 2 goals, 1 pen. goal

Verses Riverview in May of 78
1st XV: Won 15-6 (Irving 2 tries; Irons 2 goals, pen.
goal).

Verses Grammar
1st XV: Won 22-6 (Irving, Matthews tries; Wileman 4
pen. goals, 1 goal).

Verses High
1st XV: Drew 4-4 (Creer try

Verses Riverview
1st XV: Won 11-0 (Drinan, Vivers tries; Wileman goal

ALSO won against Barker & TAS

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
IS, I dont think Shore had that bad a season in 1978.

maybe it was another year

Perhaps some of these were trail games, but found these results in The weekly record.

Verses Newington
1st XV: Won 19-9 (Creer, Matthews, Irving tries;
Wileman 2 goals, 1 pen. goal

Verses Riverview in May of 78
1st XV: Won 15-6 (Irving 2 tries; Irons 2 goals, pen.
goal).

Verses Grammar
1st XV: Won 22-6 (Irving, Matthews tries; Wileman 4
pen. goals, 1 goal).

Verses High
1st XV: Drew 4-4 (Creer try

Verses Riverview
1st XV: Won 11-0 (Drinan, Vivers tries; Wileman goal

ALSO won against Barker & TAS

Well bugger me - one of the goal kickers nominated in your results told me not 6 months ago that the only side they beat in 78 was Grammar

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
27 soccer teams!
Jika would have thought 27 soccer players .. Too many.

Don't think he'd approve of the shore war-cries either.. Amongst other things.

Oh well at least they didn't put his name on the soccer grandstand.

I suspect he marvelled at how joeys managed to put their soccer pitch in the basement

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I was told that Jika considered SJC the greatest rugby school in the world and that it was an insult that 3 boys should be kicking a soccer ball while their 1st XV played.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Newington v Shore:It would be a brave person to predict that Shore will come close to the only undefeated team this weekend; and I'm not feeling that brave.New by 20

Scots v Riverview: Is it more than my View bias that says that View can cause an upset? Maybe not. However both teams are 2/3 (admittedly Scots have had the more difficult draw). No Charlie Smith & if Scots have an off day...View by 2

Kings v Joeys: Agree with another poster's observation that Kings are yet to get their act together. They are capable of strong play that will challenge Joeys but Joeys should prevail. Joeys by 14

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
27 soccer teams!
Jika would have thought 27 soccer players .. Too many.

Don't think he'd approve of the shore war-cries either.. Amongst other things.

Oh well at least they didn't put his name on the soccer grandstand.

I suspect he marvelled at how joeys managed to put their soccer pitch in the basement

You have to be insurance salesman to get a grandstand named after you at Shore.;)

Nateellis

Stan Wickham (3)
I would like to hear everyones opinion on the importance of a big forward pack and dominating the scrum, we saw newington dominanted scots and joeys in the scrum drawing many penalties but besides that what else is there an advantage of?

Nateellis out

Nateellis

Stan Wickham (3)
Im also curious on personal player management within the schoolboy level?? I assume players like McGregor and Horton etc. have them, agencies like mangers.co and blitz agents often get school players, even heard that Piroddi from NSW1 signed with Duarte agencies recently, seen speaking to Mr Duarte on the sideline at National Champs Any thoughts?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There are some fairly tight controls about Player Agents (or Club Officials) gaining access to players at National Championships, involving registration and accreditation with a Member of the ASRU Executive or the Championship Office, and subsequent coordination with the Player's Team Manager who is acting in loci parentis.

RUPA maintain fairly tight controls over Player Agent Accreditation as well. There are RUPA people at National Championships. The current list of RUPA Accredited Agents is here. vvv
http://c1940652.r52.cf0.rackcdn.com/5599edb6ff2a7c1d00000502/Accredited-Agents-List---July-2015.pdf

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
There are some fairly tight controls about Player Agents (or Club Officials) gaining access to players at National Championships, involving registration and accreditation with a Member of the ASRU Executive or the Championship Office, and subsequent coordination with the Player's Team Manager who is acting in loci parentis.

RUPA maintain fairly tight controls over Player Agent Accreditation as well. There are RUPA people at National Championships. The current list of RUPA Accredited Agents is here. vvv
http://c1940652.r52.cf0.rackcdn.com/5599edb6ff2a7c1d00000502/Accredited-Agents-List---July-2015.pdf

There are also quite a few players playing first XV who have registered NRL contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.