• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Excluding the 4,5,8, the K forwards are short. No disrespect because they are awesome footballers and they work well as a pack. I stood next to them last sat.

Size isn't everything (for eg the S hooker is awesome) but when the selectors consider who is going to play after school at rep level, height is something I'm sure they consider. They can fill out but rarely get taller and even the shortest props are close to 6' these days.

Having said all that I hope the K forwards punch above their height and smash V and S. Sounds like Shore piggies dug in last week in some parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what constitutes short as both K props are over 182 cm...which is approx 6 foot in the old money....that's hardly short.

And frankly the back rowers and hooker don't need anymore height than they have as they've proven time and time again against the opposition.

This may help you....

http://www.rugbyhow.com/2015RWC-all-player-sizes.html

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Surprising Burrows (e) wasn't involved in any gps side, his running has been distructive and his tackles have brought tears to his opponents eyes

He played very well against Scots. But he has been short on game time because of injury and that has cost him selection.

Anyway, players that didn't make this selection can still make the really important awards on Green & Gold.

footy4life

Chris McKivat (8)
@sidesteppa do you plan on uploading more of the gps game? the same length as the usual first 15 games I'd very much like to see it as i'm sure others do as well

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
GPS teams to play CJRU U/18s & SJRU U/18s at Boronia Park Thursday 23 June at 5.30 & 6.45 p.m. (changes highlighted)

GPS BLUE v SJRU at 6.45 p.m.
L Edwards (E); J Lynch (K); D Lombardi (K); G Finlayson (S); J Spooner (J) J Smith (G); C Scott (I); C Crawford (S); B Miller (S); N Shannon (S); S Jackson-Bolton (A); J Turner (N) ; A Gavin (S); E Gregory (E); L Rixon (E)

GPS WHITE v CJRU at 5.30 p.m. D Hicks (K); I Halaufia (N); J Yates (J); M Williams (K); J Petterson (I); C Poidevin (N); C Ryan (K); R Allen (E); D Dowling (J); C Steele Park (K); A Tse (J); (S); R Angles-Court (J) ;W Douglas (K) ; B Duckworth (K); W Mallet (G)

Reserves D Cheung (G); B Furby (E); E Collard (E); S Williams (I); J Kingham (A); T Chadwick (G); P Dalton (J); W Grant (I);

Rixon (E) would consider himself unlucky not getting the move up. 4 tries in 1 half. Nevertheless, I'm SHORE he is happy for his fellow schoolmate Sinclair

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
So what how would you caption a victory like that?..."GPS take the victory by the skin of their teeth?

W88 had a point - I had taken notes of the three games but ran out of puff finishing the main trial; so I published that by itself.

When I got my second wind after a nap I added the second games and should have changed the heading as I did with a bit of the intro.

I've now changed the heading and tweaked the intro. The new heading "GPS wins well against CAS in main trial" may not please everybody but it may avoid confusion for people coming back for a second look.

I'm not saying this is going to be the case - but please don't enter into debating-type argument about what I have written in this post.

I will plead that I lack perfection.

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
@sidesteppa do you plan on uploading more of the gps game? the same length as the usual first 15 games I'd very much like to see it as i'm sure others do as well
Yes, @footy4life : Yes, I intend to do it, but need more time. [ps, any chance you can rotate your statue of liberty avatar/pic and reupload?!]
@Boooind : yes, the 'freak' injury [accidental collision] was at the Jeavons-Fellows try.
@NIS : got to SHORE quite late, only recorded last few mins of 2nds game, got the CAS fullback going over i think, will put it up soon.

Knowledge

Bob McCowan (2)
Helu for sure, Taukamo no chance. Watching the game yesterday served to confirm to me that he has lost substantial pace. The clever grubber from CAS no 15 Longueville into the north eastern corner for the CAS no 14 to out run T and score was proof enough. A few hit ups doesn't warrant his position in GPS 1's, if anything a much stronger showing by Yassmin in the GPS 2's requires his call up immediately in favour of Taukamo THAT IS IF THE SELECTORS ARE FAIR DINKUM OF COURSE!

footy4life

Chris McKivat (8)
Yes, @footy4life : Yes, I intend to do it, but need more time. [ps, any chance you can rotate your statue of liberty avatar/pic and reupload?!]
@Boooind : yes, the 'freak' injury [accidental collision] was at the Jeavons-Fellows try.
@NIS : got to SHORE quite late, only recorded last few mins of 2nds game, got the CAS fullback going over i think, will put it up soon.

couldn't work out how to rotate the photo so I think this'll do

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
After watching the game I don't see anyone from CAS would made the NSW 1st,last year not one made it even they have a super star in that team who end up made the compine state team,I think this year will be dominated by GPS boys again.
I think we all know that this isn't going to happen. Just like the National Squad will have

2 West Australians
2 SA/Tas/NT/ Lloydies/ Combined states
3 Vics (why, I have no idea)
4 ACT

And then the bitchiness starts about the rest between the tree swingers from qld and our fine gents bred to play in NSW.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Given some of the dross posted on this thread after the CAS v AAGPS games, I shudder to think how things are going to be on Friday night after the final Trial at Knox.

If the debate falls to the level it has in the past 24 hours, this thread will be locked until people can once again act with a degree of maturity.

THIS IS NOT FACEBOOK.

This is NOT a democracy.

Do not feed the trolls.

Please play together nicely and cut the bull dust folks, or I shut it down.

Take this as the first and only warning that will be issued.

Don't be surprised if I follow through.

Talk AAGPS, and take any grandstanding and CAS bashing to another thread. In fact leave the inter association bashing elsewhere. Not really welcome on any G&GR thread.

Humble in victory, gracious in defeat. Think about it.

theman123

Peter Burge (5)
I think we all know that this isn't going to happen. Just like the National Squad will have

2 West Auatralians
2 SA/Tas/NT/ Lloydies/ Combined states
3 Vics (why, I have no idea)
4 ACT

And then the bitchiness starts about the rest between the tree swingers from qld and our fine gents bred to play in NSW.

HJ can you please confirm how many GPS and CAS boys made NSW 1st last year and how many GPS and CAS boys made the NSW 2nd.
I'm not being bias but realty GPS always gonna dominate year in year out.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
HJ can you please confirm how many GPS and CAS boys made NSW 1st last year and how many GPS and CAS boys made the NSW 2nd.
I'm not being bias but realty GPS always gonna dominate year in year out.
Read page 2 of the "Which Clubs are the Class of 2015 going to?" Thread.

You'll be surprised at the amount of good information you can find here if you look for it.

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
Despite being snubbed for a top two GPS team, Luke Rixon from Shore has been selected for the U18 Australian 7's team. Selectors will be regretting their decision now, especially after he bagged 4 meat pies in 1 half yesterday. Absolute speedster with a 10.4 second 100m PB

Status
Not open for further replies.