• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
The Shore mums again of course . In this case the POTY I was referring to was the "Pie of the Year". While I'm sure Shore will have contenders in the Player of the Year it's the Gastronomic POTY where they have the rails run in a field of three legged donkeys.

Pies are too carb intensive and seeing as though there is a lot of verbal flab on this site (and otherwise), the Joeys mothers will be offering some delicious lean muscle high protein shakes. And better a three legged donkey than a two legged ass.

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
Is talk of commissioning the installation of a larger trinket cabinet out at North Parramatta premature?.. I'll tell you after round 5. I think a spot has already been cleared for Aths!

Pride cometh before the fall Blue One. The only trinkets the cabinet will accommodate is the bling Azzuri wears under his tweed game day jacket.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
[
Pride cometh before the fall Blue One. The only trinkets the cabinet will accommodate is the bling Azzuri wears under his tweed game day jacket.

Nothing like @RM2 flying in all teeth and Tiara to torch poor defenseless Azzuri. ;)

No need to worry about my hidden bling (we can however arrange a private viewing), my tweed jacket (Walker Slater from Edinburgh if you must know) or the two hairy legs that do an astounding job propping up my prodigious gluts. I'd be more concerned this year that your pink and blue donkey doesn't end up on the Charcuterie menu of the Hunters Hill RSL as Australian mortadella

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
This thread needs a bit of spice after a long summer break but having a private bling viewing was not what I was thinking. Keep it PG big fella.

And, it is CERISE (you scallywag).

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
This thread needs a bit of spice after a long summer break but having a private bling viewing was not what I was thinking. Keep it PG big fella.

And, it is CERISE (you scallywag).

Since when is an Azzurri Blinged Pie Oven PG rated
8128927_azzurri--five-star-pizza_t1bc19be9.jpg

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
pink or cerise ... it doesn't really matter

the last few years whatever it is ... it has been road-kill under the Scots and Newington juggernauts

and with Newington fielding a team that includes the son of 1 All-black, and 2 sons of Wallabies (Kearns & Poidevin), it could be the same again

however for what it's worth I am tipping the Joe boys in 2016

dollard

Frank Row (1)
Kings will be stronger this year, fielding a much more experienced side as well as coming off the back of a successful 7 from 7 rugby tour to England and Italy. The team for Cranbrook this weekend looks strong. Luke Osbourne should be one to watch on the wing and of course Dylan Pietsch at no.8, both very exciting footballers

The Chiropractor

Frank Row (1)
2016 is Shore's year! For the first time in a long time they will field a very competitive team, and I believe that they will undoubtedly win the premiership. Some players to watch out for are Luke Rixon - the quickest man in the GPS, Will Haskins - incredible halfback, and Rory Suttor - a real work horse around the field and someone who is a shoe in for Australian Schoolboys.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
NIS TAKE ON THE WORLD

As per relativity to 2015/14

Scots: Will be somewhat understrength compared to Last year and year before. too much rep talent has left. I think they will be mid field at best.

NEW: Will probably start the season as favourite. They will be on par with last year. On paper looking very balanced and strong. Can't imagine how hard Tyrone will be to tackle another year bigger.

KINGS: Will have a stronger team than last year. Peitch a certainty for high rep honours. Plenty of other returning talent. Hopefully will see Jack Mann at 10, if the knee is good.

VIEW: Again will have a strong outfit. Maybe they lose a bit without Macgregor. But still have plenty of returning talent. Overall similar to last year.

JOEYS: always have a very strong team, but have lost some very serious talent, Clements, Horton , Wright etc. Hard to see them being as strong as 2015. (would never write Joeys off, but doubt they will have the goods this year)

SHORE: 2016 is looking like a very strong team and much stronger than last year. agree with @Chiropractor this could be a special year. He didn't mention Luke Edwards probably the best front row in the comp. Shore will have the fastest outside backs in the comp.

Think we are in for a cracker of a comp. we won't know who the real contenders are until we get underway.

loiterer

Sydney Middleton (9)
2016 is Shore's year! For the first time in a long time they will field a very competitive team, and I believe that they will undoubtedly win the premiership. Some players to watch out for are Luke Rixon - the quickest man in the GPS, Will Haskins - incredible halfback, and Rory Suttor - a real work horse around the field and someone who is a shoe in for Australian Schoolboys.
I am willing to go further. I predict that Shore will be undefeated. That a new thread will be opened about sporting waiting lists instead of scholarships. I'm even willing to make the really out there prediction that Shore will take rugby seriously.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
I am willing to go further. I predict that Shore will be undefeated. That a new thread will be opened about sporting waiting lists instead of scholarships. I'm even willing to make the really out there prediction that Shore will take rugby seriously.
@Loiterer, I like your thoughts. But I don't think any school will get through undefeated. Shore are doing some things to improve the Rugby program including high level coaching clinics for younger players.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)

Apologies for raining on the "Shore Lovefest 2016" @NIS and @Loiterer but there are some practical considerations that I don't think you guys have thought through very carefully. i.e If Shore is going to get through the Rugby season "undefeated" with the "best front row in the comp" how much time will that seriously leave them before the end of the season to solve world hunger, child poverty and develop a cure for all cancers?:rolleyes:

Oh, and I've just switched on the Barry White background music while you consider your response.

Think nothing of it....I'm here to help!

Johnny come lately

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Of the serious contenders, SJC will benefit most from the change of timings for the GPS Athletics. Instead of having half the first XV doing Aths and coming into the rugby on a very basic preseason, SJC are getting a much longer preseason than years before and will ready to roll come game one instead of taking the first round of games to hit their straps.

Bring it on.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Of the serious contenders, SJC will benefit most from the change of timings for the GPS Athletics. Instead of having half the first XV doing Aths and coming into the rugby on a very basic preseason, SJC are getting a much longer preseason than years before and will ready to roll come game one instead of taking the first round of games to hit their straps.
Bring it on.

Errrrr.... That same theory applies to all schools I think you will find. Several schools have in addition to solid pre-seasons have also toured overseas in December and so their 2016 teams will have already started to form some very handy combinations and have stress tested those combinations against some very handy international opposition. Certainly the case with Kings.

Johnny come lately

Jimmy Flynn (14)
It will help other schools but do you think that any Scots or Newington First XV players were also in Athletics?

Nope.

My point is the advantage that the timing of the Athletics gave schools (namely Scots and New) which placed restrictions on their rugby players taking part in Aths (in this case) has been eroded due to the change in dates.

loiterer

Sydney Middleton (9)
Apologies for raining on the "Shore Lovefest 2016" @NIS and @Loiterer but there are some practical considerations that I don't think you guys have thought through very carefully. i.e If Shore is going to get through the Rugby season "undefeated" with the "best front row in the comp" how much time will that seriously leave them before the end of the season to solve world hunger, child poverty and develop a cure for all cancers?:rolleyes:

Oh, and I've just switched on the Barry White background music while you consider your response.

Think nothing of it..I'm here to help!
Just maybe my predictions were tongue in cheek. I am sure that the Headmaster there would agree that curing hunger, poverty & cancer isn't as important as rowing. Nevertheless, Shore will play much better rugby this year.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
It will help other schools but do you think that any Scots or Newington First XV players were also in Athletics?

Nope.

My point is the advantage that the timing of the Athletics gave schools (namely Scots and New) which placed restrictions on their rugby players taking part in Aths (in this case) has been eroded due to the change in dates.

I go back to my original post.... The changes to aths schedule affects all the schools the same way. Scots, Joey's and New all have key players that are also rowers and you can bet London to a brick that they weren't doing their rugby pre season training in between sessions on the water!

OldColt

Sydney Middleton (9)
I go back to my original post.. The changes to aths schedule affects all the schools the same way. Scots, Joey's and New all have key players that are also rowers and you can bet London to a brick that they weren't doing their rugby pre season training in between sessions on the water!

Nope.

Not sure why you'd think SJC was the only school whose rugby preparation was affected by athletics.....

From memory, the Newington 1st XV that played in the trial against Oakhill last year contained only 4 players (Serhon, Mannix, Long & Kuenzle) from the team that would go on to share the premiership with Scots - this largely owing to the commitment of a large number of boys to the Athletics program.

Incidentally, of the team that did play against Oakhill that day, 7 were rowers (Wilson, Serhon, Horne, Mannix, McKay, Duvall & Kovanis) who, as you quite rightly point Azzuri, weren't focusing on rugby while preparing for the Head of the River.

Status
Not open for further replies.