• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
apologies I stand corrected on final try, I was at an unusual angle

so yes do concede it was Rorke ... it was an amazing feat .. either way

I do however stick to my points ... the 8 and 1 did a good job on Miti ... 1 pulled off a great hit, only to be penalised

but least it had Miti knowing he wasn't going to have an easy ride through the inside channel

and 13 played the ref like a seasoned captain, and his commitment to dive on that ball towards end of game, along with other inroads that hopefully sidesteppa will share

Ok give me the alternate points then :mad:

leagueman

Frank Row (1)
Sorry not going to do that . Those that watched the game , closely , will have their own opinions . Yours were way off both View and Joey people . Anyway at least you are prepared to put your opinion out there and I admire that . One thing is certain this will be a great comp and anyone can win . The atmosphere at Joeys was unbelievable . Did you happen to see the game by 12 for Grammar ? That was all class .

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
@Rich_E, looks like I need to head off to specsavers soon.
KISKJS should give you a good start out of the blocks anyway.

Good thing @Not In Straight is in charge of the Tipping comp not Blund Freddy.

leagueman

Frank Row (1)
You don't do your research I am afraid . A lot of view people had no issue with the pitch invasion last year . And in the interests of consistency I have no issue with todays.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
On matters of pies n stuff, what a wonderful anachronism Joey's Jacks Bar is. In a world full of politically correct bullshit how enjoyable it is to catch up with old mates for a couple of post match/pre dinner bevs and talk rugby rather than a quick post match exit. It is no doubt a good fundraiser for the Joe boys and a fantastic institution for school boy rugby supporters.

Btw, fantastic to see Ned Hanigan (Joeys 2012) make his debut for the Tahs tonight and Andrew Kellaway (Scots 2013) get MOTM in only his 5th appearance.

HFTH

Chris McKivat (8)
The scots seconds blew at least 6 tries and the firsts blew 4-5 with basic handling errors ...
Yes agree - perhaps another 15 pts in each game. I see 1-2 Shore games each year and the story is the same-they get outclassed but fight to the end. They are missing ~3 class players like the other teams have

Johnny come lately

Jimmy Flynn (14)
There is no doubt that the Joeys 1st XV is a scalp any opposition player in GPS or otherwise would be very happy to have, however I think the Riverview antics after Round 1, Game 1 are pretty pathetic.

Watching the highlights (thanks again sidesteppa) seems like a 50/50 game with credit to all players. Then the pitch invasion. OK, it is what it is.

Youtube pops up another, older video, of a previous game where Joeys beat View. Pitch invasion? Forget that. Nope, both teams get the full "Walk ON" treatment from 1000 boys at full blast.
The Joeys boys are clearly happy for another win but at least they respect the opposition enough to offer them the consolation of a cheer off.

What do the View first XV do? Turn their backs and walk off in the other direction.

View won the game (barely) today but they haven't won much else.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Watching the highlights (thanks again sidesteppa) seems like a 50/50 game with credit to all players. Then the pitch invasion. OK, it is what it is.

What do the View first XV do? Turn their backs and walk off in the other direction.

You're spot on with the your impression from the highlights. But thankfully our game is not determined by subjective points awarded by anonymous judges - like synchronised swimming, for instance - so the better team does not always win.

As for your second point:
  • the View boys did not return their backs on SJC they were swamped by their school mates so don't run down the players
  • In a sense it is the ultimate compliment to SJC - hell you'd think SIC had actually won the HOTR they way they carried on. I played in a 1st XV that beat SJC at Hunters Hill 38 years ago and its still a topic of conversation and not just amongst those who played - and thats because it is something that is never easy to do.
And while Im at it Im going to give the SJC #7 in 2nds a huge wrap: on full time rather than shaking hand etc he notice a SIC boy injured on his 22 about 30m away and went over to him to make sure he was OK - great sportsmanship

Status
Not open for further replies.