• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
It was a pulsating affair, with Scots scoring first after 7' courtesy of one of Scots best today, left wing, Barney Pinkerton (11), and which settled the Scots boys nerves.

And maybe too much so, because the JoeBoys responded with 2 converted tries of their own. Joeys 14-5.

Scots OC, Harry Bishop (13) collected the pill on the 22m, pins his ears back and dots down. Joeys 14-12

Scots forwards began to get on top late in the half, and unlike last week, pressure was converted on the stroke of HT with skipper Frazer Duff(2) scoring next to the uprights. Scots converts and goes to oranges, up 19-14.

Penalty to Scots in the 2nd Half, and the lead was 22-14.

JoeBoys as they always do, played it right out and scored out wide left with 4' remaining. Effortless conversion from out wide. Scots 22-21.

Couple of crucial turnovers to the Scotsmen to finish, and the lads in Gold had atoned for their Round 1 loss to Kings.

Father Jim's 3rds "triangulation" speculations may require quadratic equations to cover all possibilities; especially if TAS dust Kings a bit later this afternoon. :)

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
It was a pulsating affair, (Scots v Joeys)
Father Jim's 3rds "triangulation" speculations may require quadratic equations to cover all possibilities; especially if TAS dust Kings a bit later this afternoon. :)
Great report. "Bwarr", Piggy Cane my old maths' teacher once said on viewing my home work, "thick head only good for for football". I was front row at the time. Fortunately, I tuned out to be a little better at maths if not as good at rugby. I will manage!

Surprised if TAS dusts Kings, although one can hope!

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
Team Lists for Scots 1's, 2's and 3's, as published:

image.jpg

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Kings have won 14a and 16a games today. Joeys failed to score in both. Cold Mrs Macs pies for dinner for them all. I say walk back to Hunters Hill

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Kings have won 13a, 14a and 16a games today. Joeys failed to score in all three. Cold Mrs Macs pies for dinner for them all. I say walk back to Hunters Hill

The 13As in particular from Kings is an excellent team, they are gifted with two huge centres, who against Newington 13As, constantly were able to breakthrough their defence untounched. The outside centre is a player of the future, apparently, he has represented NSW Primary Schools in Rugby Union, Rugby League, Basketball and I think Australian Rules.

I hope Kings and Rugby Union can keep this young player in our game. I believe his first name is Joey.

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
Joeys Twitter feed :
Joeys 13As beat Kings 10-5 but lost 0-7 in 14As and 0-17 in 16As, agree with cold pies though. No walking back, running only.

Joeys 2nds win 13-10 (maybe 14-10)

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Anything more to report from North Pomerania? Additional scores? Food poisoning numbers? Dead sheep count?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom