• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Scores from Hunters Hill were actually 19-5 GPS White over NSW Country u18s. Dylan Dowling got a double.

GPS Blue defeated SJRU u18s 56-10. Tries to Rixon 2, Turner 2, Gregory 2, Scott, Smith, Jackson-Bolton, Lynch plus 1 other.

Rixon was a joy to watch.... As he scorched down the side line, reaching take off speed and then lit the afterburners .... He's bloody fast!

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Hi everybody - anybody going to Curagul tomorrow who can do a report on the two games GPS v CHS Is and IIs?

We're asking for just 400 words apiece as we have done for the recent blogs of non-Aussie test matches, and what we did for Six Nations tests earlier in the year.

Please reply here if you are interested. No need to reply if you can't.

Thanks.

C'mon guys - I'm dying here.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Scores from Hunters Hill were actually 19-5 GPS White over NSW Country u18s. Dylan Dowling got a double.

GPS Blue defeated SJRU u18s 56-10. Tries to Rixon 2, Turner 2, Gregory 2, Scott, Smith, Jackson-Bolton, Lynch plus 1 other.

Sounds like a pretty comprehensive win. Backs must have had a good day out,

Dont suppose Sidesteppa was lurking in the shadows?

OAUI

Allen Oxlade (6)
Big thanks to Hunters Hill and all those at Sydney and Country for putting a lot of effort in to get tonight's games vs GPS to happen.

It was one of our own who puts the time and effort into organising these fixtures. Pretty poor I thought Tuesday that the organisation can't go to the effort to find ARs to run the line for such quality games. (Yes a couple of kids who played in Blue and White who I believe are referees were found at the last minute to assist the main game) Know the country and SJRU types appreciate the rugby fraternity.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Full time at Blue v City 51-10 to GPS Blue
Cant help but think the SJRU boys must be feeling a bit flat after this one sided contest. Presumably the result is much the same each year? Great for Blue to be able to showcase skills to selctors with a view to (some) being able to be selected 'up' next year. Not sure what's in it for the opposition. Feels a bit like NSW v QLD fivekick before Origin was introduced.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
U
Cant help but think the SJRU boys must be feeling a bit flat after this one sided contest. Presumably the result is much the same each year? Great for Blue to be able to showcase skills to selctors with a view to (some) being able to be selected 'up' next year. Not sure what's in it for the opposition. Feels a bit like NSW v QLD fivekick before Origin was introduced.

Well they certainly didn't lose through lack of size. They were monsters.

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)

You must not have been there last year when SJRU should probably have won the fixture in the wet, but for two freakish tries from Yirrbi J-W. SJRU lost 15-14 (or 15-12) from memory.

I think this fixture is actually a highlight of the SJRU and CJRU programs giving the kids whom are outside the schools network the chance to compete against other teams that they would not normally get the chance to play against.

I hope it continues and ideally these two teams get the chance to compete in the tournament proper against such teams as AICES etc. Would help complete a true pathway for those kids whom can't access the schools pathway (schools that don't offer rugby, TAFE students etc).

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Feels a bit like NSW v QLD fivekick before Origin was introduced.
Yes, off topic I know - but isn't it time to drop State of Origin and go back to NSW v Qld? SoO was introduced because of NSW dominance therefore it can be abandoned because of Qld dominance.
Back to the rugby.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It is a nice idea to have a SJRU U18 selection but where do all the players come from that are representing SJRU?

There was no U18 division in the State Championships, and more than one of the players named in the SJRU U18 plays for Clubs affiliated with the NSW Premiership Rugby Union, a Union that has no affiliation with SJRU.

Call the team what it really is - It is a SJRU Presidents Invitational U18 Selection. Ditch the hypocrisy. It is the same as the old days when there was a Sydney Juniors team in the U16 National Champs. It only serves to send a message to Peak Bodies that things are all shipshape in Junior Village Club rugby, when clearly they are not.

I'm all for games like this to occur. More kids getting more exposure to competitive rugby has to be good for our game, but Sydney Juniors need to stop hiding behind some window dressing and pretending that things are all good with our junior game.

Status
Not open for further replies.