• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

OAUI

Allen Oxlade (6)
Kings with the lead 15 min to go looked all over Riv but Osborne after taking a very good penalty kick just early failed to take the points with an easier kick and taking the game beyond Riv with less than 5 to go. After failing to convert his earlier try from a kickable possie, lot of doubt if Clarke would convert Rivs try scored on the bell in the corner but he did and in front of his supporters. A great effort and bragging rights for life. Kings joint title hopes in shatters. The lack of a real playmaker at either #9 or #10 to move them around the field confidently and put players in space as well as lack of ability in their forwards to control phases and dominate other teams (IMO) why their title chances folded since the last lost to Riv.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
Round 9 beckons!

<>

Only a successful tipping combo this weekend of a Scots' win at home (over Joeys) and a Kings' loss at home (to View) will finish this year's Premiership race as the red-hot contest among the many that it is.

<>

Scots can make all other results fade into mathematical hypotheticals by booking a win over the JoeBoys in Scots' last home game this Season.

I see things, youse peoples. I do. (But only very rarely according to Mrs CJ)

Warmest congratulations to Scots 1st XV. A deserved win today, and with the extra help out at North Parra, 2016 Season chocolates now 'banked'. Must be a great feeling for all involved. Very well done boys.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
In the 2nds today, front-runner Scots, dipped their lids to the JoeBoys. Don't recall the exact score. 26-10? (Something like that. Comfortably to the JBs)

But in a strange twist of fate, fellow front-runners, View, also apparently had their colours lowered, by Kings. (My deep-throat spy out at Nth Parra didn't provide any score, just that Kings won.)

That sets up an actual Grand Final in the 2's out at Lane Cove next week between the (still) two front runners, Scots and Riverview, both on 7 wins for the Season.

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
Well done RH. Scots clear winners in the closest GPS competition for years.

Thx QH unlike Joker nice to see genuine praise where it is due ........ The real winner this year I think is the Comp ...... We all know in past years the Comp has not been nearly so close and it's great for GPS rugby ......... I foresee a very close season again next year and think the final round this year may have yet more curved balls to throw ........ It seems a very distant conversation that many were having about the imminent decline of GPS rugby ........ It's alive and well ......

HFTH

Chris McKivat (8)
Yassmin goes over for Scots 2nd try at Bellevue Hill
The 11 for Joeys has been good in the games I have seen but jeez that was bad. Looking forward to reading the game review. Scoring made it sounds like Joeys were never in the game right from the whistle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Thx QH unlike Joker nice to see genuine praise where it is due .... The real winner this year I think is the Comp .. We all know in past years the Comp has not been nearly so close and it's great for GPS rugby ... I foresee a very close season again next year and think the final round this year may have yet more curved balls to throw .... It seems a very distant conversation that many were having about the imminent decline of GPS rugby .... It's alive and well ..

Hope your son and his team mates have a chance to reflect on their achievement over the next week or so. Good luck to him in the HSC and beyond.

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
The 11 for Joeys has been good in the games I have seen but jeez that was bad. Looking forward to reading the game review. Scoring made it sounds like Joeys were never in the game right from the whistle.

Correct. First try came from a lineout throw right to the front with return pass to the hooker who scored. They kindly repeated it at the end of the game in case anyone missed it. To be fair Joeys did make a bit of a comeback in the 2nd half but it was never in doubt for Scots.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)

Too harsh IMO.
It was a well worked move.
If he stayed on his winger,the guy inside goes through untouched.

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)

He's new to the Joeys rugby program ...... Probably just an " anomily" in the selection / training I'm sure next year it won't happen again ......

Status
Not open for further replies.