• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW CAS Rugby 2020

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Tipping...

Waverley will beat Cranners by 20+ with Fretton to bag 3 tries
Barker to similarly beat Aloys... in a one sided affair

Match of round ... Trinity v Knox... think it will come down to the final play, with Trinity to clinch it on the bell... on the back of a dominant forward pack.

Walshy81

Sydney Middleton (9)
SDW
Don't bother going to Dangar tomorrow. Old Cranners Assoc very serious about crowds, as per below;

general spectators, including Old Boys, are unfortunately not permitted to attend for their own health safety and that of the broader community.
do not attend gatherings at residential properties that back on to Dangar Oval to watch fixtures.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Awesome story about Barker's No 6 in tomorrows big dance. Only 2nd year in rugby, very raw last year in 16's age group and has just gone from strength to strength with good coaching.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
J Walsh , I had entertained the thought ... but with the release of Sevens players to Shute Shield ... will have to part with $ to see some 1st grade club rugby.

I like look of the Wicks backline .. quite a few ex Waverley players + Henry Hutch ... should go alright

although still curious to see CAS school team lists

Walshy81

Sydney Middleton (9)
I don't blame you SDW, and club rugby could do with a paying customer.

Waves may well be most peoples' tip this weekend. But they'll need some pace, because Brook showed adequate against Pats.
Barker to beat Aloys
Trinity vs Knox - Go Trinity!

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Barkers 1st XV

1 Seb Severino 2 Tyrone Albertyn 3 Chayton Ekanayake 4. Lachlan Hooper 5. Mark Green 6. Joel Kardsah 7. Mitch Wheals 8. Ben Randall (C) 9. Luke Harrison. 10. Ben Graham 11. Aidan Galloway 12. Joe Kennedy 13. Liam Jones 14.Grant Tucker 15. Kyle Bowen

Aloys 1st XV

1 Sean Winters. 2 Patrick Fernie 3. Panayioti Leodartsis 4. Edmond McDonagh 5. Austin Clarke 6. Charlie Newton-John 7. Tom Mathias 8 Jonathon Sheil-Dick 9. Tom Sidgreaves 10. Jesse Nassif 11. Sam Jones 12. Charlie Bruton 13. Tom Wood 14. Daniel Besgrove 15. Hugo Wicks

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Kennedy or Tuckers... any relations to Riverview players of 80s?

Remember than Ian Tucker ... lovely bloke ... and think he had several brothers...

FoleyBealeFolau

Ward Prentice (10)
Tipping.

Waverley will beat Cranners by 20+ with Fretton to bag 3 tries
Barker to similarly beat Aloys. in a one sided affair

Match of round . Trinity v Knox. think it will come down to the final play, with Trinity to clinch it on the bell. on the back of a dominant forward pack.

Jeez SonnyDill, tipping a hat-trick is quite ambitious. I reckon its gonna be a pretty close affair (unlike my former marriage:(), hopefully similar to the rebels and reds game last week. As far as I am aware Cranbrook have a fair bit of youth in their starting squad, headlined by a couple of year 11's and notably a chunky year 10 hooker called Nosa Obaseki who reminds me of the Tongan Thor Taniela Tupou a bit, he was a standout in their game against St.Pats. I haven't managed to catch a glimpse of this Waverley outfit but I've heard nothing but good things from you blokes, so it seems all indicators are pointing toward a cracker. However, it's a shame that it seems the only way we are able to watch the match is through the gap between the fence posts dividing Woolahra and Dangar but such is life.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Wow. Deon Yasdani is a bulldozer. Uncontested scrums here. Probably the right decision. Barkers 2ndxv pack is very strong.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Full time. Barker wins 50-19. A bit scrappy as you would expect for the first game. Uncontested scrum hurt Barker as their big pack would have knocked Aloys back every scrum. Stand outs were No1, No4 and No13 for me. Halfback also played well.