• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW CAS Rugby 2020

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
27-12 to Waverley at half time.....intercept right on the bell. Just wish the screaming banshee would disappear

Through the hands

Stan Wickham (3)
Ronald Volkman really turning it on today he’s been excellent. His ability to break the line and make something out of nothing is fantastic.

FoleyBealeFolau

Ward Prentice (10)
Solid stuff down at Dangar today.

Thankfully the rain stayed away for most of the day, although the field looked to be in pretty bad shape nevertheless. The Cranbrook 3rds won 15-14 over Barker 3rds with a winning penalty goal from the flyhalf; who a couple of the schoolboys near me were calling "Aaron". Needless to say the match was a cracker. The 2s game was quite similar with some back and forth action yet Cranbrook won the game by playing toward their seemingly dominant left-flank. I forget the score but in the end it was roughly a two-try margin to the good. Unfortunately the same feat couldn't be repeated in the 1s as Barker were simply too good and won the game through their sheer size and physicality; a notable stand-out was Dion Yazdani. I wonder if his "uncle" is going to say anything!;)

All round a good day of schoolboy rugby.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
27-12 to Waverley at half time...intercept right on the bell. Just wish the screaming banshee would disappear

Axel and Flavio, agree with you, she is actually very nice, she has been spoken to but bar barring her...
On a bright note for you, you don't cop her every weekend!

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Waves beat Brook 46/17. Barker beat zbrook. 45:17. Waves beat Barker by a point. Waves are the best this season. By a point. Congrats

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Waves beat Brook 46/17. Barker beat zbrook. 45:17. Waves beat Barker by a point. Waves are the best this season. By a point. Congrats

Rod, hello ol buddy,

Your stats are spot on but I don't think its'as simplistic as that.
Waves kicked 1 out of 6 v Barker (Waves fault) but dominated the 2nd half.
Think the real margin was higher but it is what it is.

I just hope 2021 is a real season where the full gambit plays out, as follows.

CLEARLY this year, 2020, a number of CAS schools have placed a number of year 11 boys in their 1ST XV with the focus being next year, 2021. In particular Cranbrook, Knox and Barker.
This combined with the GPS schools having some of their best teams in this same age group, for some time, in particular, Scots, Joeys, Riverview and Kings, means next year will be a very special year of Rugby, more so than a year dominated by just a few teams.

It will be a very telling year!

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Rod, hello ol buddy,

Your stats are spot on but I don't think its'as simplistic as that.
Waves kicked 1 out of 6 v Barker (Waves fault) but dominated the 2nd half.
Think the real margin was higher but it is what it is.

I just hope 2021 is a real season where the full gambit plays out, as follows.

CLEARLY this year, 2020, a number of CAS schools have placed a number of year 11 boys in their 1ST XV with the focus being next year, 2021. In particular Cranbrook, Knox and Barker.
This combined with the GPS schools having some of their best teams in this same age group, for some time, in particular, Scots, Joeys, Riverview and Kings, means next year will be a very special year of Rugby, more so than a year dominated by just a few teams.

It will be a very telling year!

Yes 2021 will be another interesting year. And another interesting stat from the Barker Waves game. Barker led for 69 of the 70minutes played. But still lost. I was not at todays game but heard Barker had 6 players out from the team that played Aloys. Injuries taken their toll. that 6 does not include Slack-Smith

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)

Rod,

Still dodging the hard questions?

I think the main comparison for score lines should be the Aloys scores.

Tells you everything you need to know about the difference between the two teams.