• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW CAS Rugby 2020

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
That's nothin' FF (Folau Fainga'a), we had to take blankets and beads for the locals as we crawled through the shrubs and the bush to get to the Blue Gum.....

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Rugby
NO. Position Name School
1 Loose head prop REEVE SMITH Waverley College
2 Hooker ROMEO BRAY Knox Grammar School
3 Tight head prop MALACHI HAWKES Trinity Grammar School
4 Lock SEBASTIAN BUCHANAN Trinity Grammar School
5 Lock FRITZ JAHNKE-TAVANA Waverley College
6 Blind side flank DAVVY MOALE Waverley College
7 Open side flank MITCH WHEALS Barker College
8 No 8 DAN STOVOLD Barker College
9 Halfback KY WILLOUGHBY Trinity Grammar School
10 Fly half KYLE BOWEN Barker College
11 Left wing WILL CLUNIES-ROSS Cranbrook School
12 Inside centre TOM WOOD St Aloysius’ College
13 Outside centre JORDAN SWANN Waverley College
14 Right wing LUKE TUCKER Knox Grammar School
15 Fullback RONALD VOLKMAN Waverley College
16 Hooker NOSA OBASEKI Cranbrook School
17 Loose head prop TYSON JACKSON Trinity Grammar School
18 Tight head prop DION YAZDANI Barker College
19 Lock CLEM HALAHOLO Waverley College
20 Lock LACHLAN HOOPER Barker College
21 Backrow WILL BAKER Waverley College
22 Halfback TOM GODDARD Knox Grammar School
23 Fly half TOM MORRISON Knox Grammar School
24 Inside back FLYNN MEAGHER Trinity Grammar School
25 Outside back JAMES CONSTABLE Knox Grammar School

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
The above team is a Merit team selected by CAS selectors in the absence of the traditional rep season. Congrats to all lads who made the cut.

CAS Rugby 1010

Bob McCowan (2)
Good to see the alos get a player in, especially one who is starting. Tom Wood is an exceptional player, a great runner of the ball. Waves again dominating the selection poll not surprised given the season they are coming off. Shame we won't get to see a GPS v CAS game this year would've been a great clash. What's Everyone thoughts on the selections any surprises??

J

Jonny Quinn

Good to see the alos get a player in, especially one who is starting. Tom Wood is an exceptional player, a great runner of the ball. Waves again dominating the selection poll not surprised given the season they are coming off. Shame we won't get to see a GPS v CAS game this year would've been a great clash. What's Everyone thoughts on the selections any surprises??

Very surprised with a couple of selections, i would've thought they would select a stronger ball runner at 12, however they've gone for the speed of WOOD. GPS team would definitely run circles around this team however.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Where is the number 19 .... Fretton?

He would go well at 12 ... altgh I only saw him play wing.

Happy to see an Aloys kid there ...I am sure he is deserving

Well done to all!

The Coyote

Frank Row (1)
Rugby
NO. Position Name School
1 Loose head prop REEVE SMITH Waverley College
2 Hooker ROMEO BRAY Knox Grammar School
3 Tight head prop MALACHI HAWKES Trinity Grammar School
4 Lock SEBASTIAN BUCHANAN Trinity Grammar School
5 Lock FRITZ JAHNKE-TAVANA Waverley College
6 Blind side flank DAVVY MOALE Waverley College
7 Open side flank MITCH WHEALS Barker College
8 No 8 DAN STOVOLD Barker College
9 Halfback KY WILLOUGHBY Trinity Grammar School
10 Fly half KYLE BOWEN Barker College
11 Left wing WILL CLUNIES-ROSS Cranbrook School
12 Inside centre TOM WOOD St Aloysius’ College
13 Outside centre JORDAN SWANN Waverley College
14 Right wing LUKE TUCKER Knox Grammar School
15 Fullback RONALD VOLKMAN Waverley College
16 Hooker NOSA OBASEKI Cranbrook School
17 Loose head prop TYSON JACKSON Trinity Grammar School
18 Tight head prop DION YAZDANI Barker College
19 Lock CLEM HALAHOLO Waverley College
20 Lock LACHLAN HOOPER Barker College
21 Backrow WILL BAKER Waverley College
22 Halfback TOM GODDARD Knox Grammar School
23 Fly half TOM MORRISON Knox Grammar School
24 Inside back FLYNN MEAGHER Trinity Grammar School
25 Outside back JAMES CONSTABLE Knox Grammar School

Saw a few of the Waverley forwards in action over the weekend playing for Randwick...
Their pack, mainly the front row, was outplayed by the boys from Camden ...
The number 3 for Camden is an absolute beast...

Lovetap

Peter Burge (5)
Saw a few of the Waverley forwards in action over the weekend playing for Randwick.
Their pack, mainly the front row, was outplayed by the boys from Camden .
The number 3 for Camden is an absolute beast.
Hahaha fake news Coyote !!!! As you may or may not know I am a fan of both Waverley and Randwick rugby .Randwick outplayed Camden all over the field. I’m not sure what game you were at but from what I seen (footage attached ) in the Randwick front row there was only 1 player from 1st XV that I recognise from the footage the #1 who I may add more than dealt with the Camden #3.Wicks 2nd row were also Waves 1st regulars who featured heavily during the match and Camden found it hard to contain.So pretty disappointing effort from Camden final score 52-15

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=735557430625115&extid=P4XwpD1eKST0Ouru

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Saw a few of the Waverley forwards in action over the weekend playing for Randwick.
Their pack, mainly the front row, was outplayed by the boys from Camden .
The number 3 for Camden is an absolute beast.

Ha, nice try Coyote, I just checked with the Randwick coach and exactly as Lovetap said 2 of the usual front row were out, and if they were outplayed, then somehow they just scrapped in 52-15.
Enough said!

The Coyote

Frank Row (1)
Ha, nice try Coyote, I just checked with the Randwick coach and exactly as Lovetap said 2 of the usual front row were out, and if they were outplayed, then somehow they just scrapped in 52-15.
Enough said!
The score line actually flattered Randwick, most
of the trys were scored through the backs who took
advantage of Camden not finding touch on about 10
occasions .. the Camden goal kicker also missed some
easy shots which widened the gap..
Camden also looked to have a skinny bench, their forwards
looked gassed, yet they still looked to have won all
their scrums and line outs, even saw them win a few
against the head .. the 3 and 23 rolled through the
middle all day ..
I watched Southern beat Camden a few weeks ago,
and they were much more impressive than Randwick.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
The score line actually flattered Randwick, most
of the trys were scored through the backs who took
advantage of Camden not finding touch on about 10
occasions .. the Camden goal kicker also missed some
easy shots which widened the gap..
Camden also looked to have a skinny bench, their forwards
looked gassed, yet they still looked to have won all
their scrums and line outs, even saw them win a few
against the head .. the 3 and 23 rolled through the
middle all day ..
I watched Southern beat Camden a few weeks ago,
and they were much more impressive than Randwick.

Great!

There's only 1 problem with your inference, which is I assume is that the Waverley players aren't very good.
There were only 5 Waves boys in either the 1s or 2s playing, so 5 out of, a large group, say 22, as you have said, and not all 5 were on throughout the game.
The intensity of these games isn't anywhere near as comparable as an Opens school game, FYR.

I had a look at the video, 31-5 at half time, game over, never a contest, and when 6-7 players who normally start, return, you will see another level, if they are fair dinkum.

What school do you support, and where do you think they will finish in the CAS in 2021?
Trust you are confident enough to share?

The Coyote

Frank Row (1)
Your inference about my inference is not on the money, I watched this game as a neutral
and interested party in opens rugby, being a stepping stone to Colts rubber in the near
future. School boy rugby may be the be all and end all in your world, but serious
rugby starts at the under 20's / Colts level.

When I came across Randwick playing I was hoping to see some talented Gen Blue forwards that
are spoken on here with big reputations, unfortunately I did not see any of this hype. Yes, opens
rugby may not have the intensity of school boy competitions, but these so called big names should
have totally dominated a middle of the rung team like Camden...

The Randwick backs were a different kettle of fish, they shifted the ball really well from side to side
and their number 36 looks a good talent.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Your inference about my inference is not on the money, I watched this game as a neutral
and interested party in opens rugby, being a stepping stone to Colts rubber in the near
future. School boy rugby may be the be all and end all in your world, but serious
rugby starts at the under 20's / Colts level.

When I came across Randwick playing I was hoping to see some talented Gen Blue forwards that
are spoken on here with big reputations, unfortunately I did not see any of this hype. Yes, opens
rugby may not have the intensity of school boy competitions, but these so called big names should
have totally dominated a middle of the rung team like Camden.

The Randwick backs were a different kettle of fish, they shifted the ball really well from side to side
and their number 36 looks a good talent.

Then I recommend you watch some school games where the intensity,effort and meaning is far greater.

Some boys choose to top off their school rugby with some club rugby,as an aside on Sundays, but I assure you the importance they place on club rugby is far less. Many don't even bother playing when they get into the Opens age group at school.

Still unsure how you didn't notice domination of the Randwick second rowers in particular.
As you would also know, when a game is over pretty quickly eg half time, the intensity normally drops off to.

A number of Waverley/Randwick backs,along with 3 Waverley/Randwick forwards were absent.