• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW CAS Rugby 2020

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
And anyone who thinks Barker should be favourites at QP are delusional. The Waves take pride in the double V as well. That is the toughest ground to win on. I would hate to see the stats but I reckon the Waves 1st XV would have a 90% winning record at home. That does not come easy. That is earned. So next week will be one hell of a tough match for the Barker lads.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Yes completely agree Rod and anyone who predicts a certain Barker win just has not seen enough games at QP. It is feral. The Barker boys are always intimidated out there. Nothing is certain.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
I must admit to a growing sense of unease with that Barker v Alos scoreline. I dont think it is good for the competition. It is lucky there were no injuries. These are schoolboys. A good competition is a close and hard fought competition and they bring the greater memories. Not a one sided affair.

Barker3peat

Stan Wickham (3)
I must admit to a growing sense of unease with that Barker v Alos scoreline. I dont think it is good for the competition. It is lucky there were no injuries. These are schoolboys. A good competition is a close and hard fought competition and they bring the greater memories. Not a one sided affair.

Sends a good message to the comp about our capabilities.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Threatening dominance eh. In a schoolboy comp. Wowee. The point I make is - it is not a state of pure competition when it is so lopsided, if that in fact be the case. And in my view it is not good for the game if the result is pre destined

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Seems a bit of chest-beating from the YOUNG Barker faithful

Does it really matter if Barker wins 3 in a row?

I am impressed that the Barker coaching are consistently making good front rowers

As I totally agree that having a solid scrum is so important

I have been critical in the past of Waverley not putting enough attention to this facet

However at Waverley it is more a battle for hearts and minds

And league lovers are not generally appreciative of the “dark arts”

I will say I have seen footage of Barker consistently getting away in recent years of lifting

Once a front row is no longer on the ground the referees need to penalise Barker

Waverley is improving in the scrummaging area ... so next weeks scrum clash will be interesting

Definitely a number of league stars in Waverley team... so it will be critical that they be adaptive

Prior history has seen Waverleys league players make mistakes at important clutch moments

Barker are rightly favourites but if Waverley shows discipline and plays to their significant strengths

Could easily be an upset. 3:15 I am def walking my dog at QP

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Ps sad for Aloys rugby ...but agree cas rugby going same way as aagps rugby

And while you can point to unfair trends whether it be Waverley attracting kiwi Rooster stars, to Barker become professional like $cots

Once you start getting 100-0 ... something has to give ...

WLF

Arch Winning (36)

I am impressed that the Barker coaching are consistently making good front rowers

I have been critical in the past of Waverley not putting enough attention to this facet

I will say I have seen footage of Barker consistently getting away in recent years of lifting

Once a front row is no longer on the ground the referees need to penalise Barker

Waverley is improving in the scrummaging area . so next weeks scrum clash will be interesting

Definitely a number of league stars in Waverley team. so it will be critical that they be adaptive

Prior history has seen Waverleys league players make mistakes at important clutch moments

Barker are rightly favourites but if Waverley shows discipline and plays to their significant strengths

You would have to say SDW that some of the Barker fraternity have well and truly taken over the chest beating mantle.

Here are a few slight corrections to ensure the real situation is understood.

I think it's only fair to make a domination comparison when you are comparing apples v apples.
Therefore the only real comparison that can be made would be since the inception of the last CAS school into the CAS Rugby Comp, and that was in 1943, Waverley College.

Since that time the Premierships have been shared as follows :

Aloys : 2
Barker : 19
Cranbrook : 10
Knox : 18
Trinity : 11
Waverley : 36.

Enough said about Barkers upper hand and History of success!

In addition, another comment about the Waves back row being league boys is dribble, only 1 of the 3 plays league now and has also played Union for school for many years, so who cares if anyone plays both codes, there are boys at other schools that also do exactly that.

I agree that the league habits can often blunt a promising situation, and have, but there are plenty of other areas in a game that can equally effect a result.

Barker are rightly favourites, but as my old mate Rod S. said, and has seen first hand, Death Valley is called exactly that for a good reason.

The young Barker boys here clearly don't really understand the Waves team make up.
Get ready for a serious game of footy.

DionYazdani'sUncle

Frank Row (1)
Wallahi, I'm so happy for my big nephew Dion. Yallah my Barker brothers it is finally the time for a three-peat. My boy Dion is clearly the best forward in the comp and probably the best forward in the comp as-well. Don't know about this pasty joel kardash kid hes not as good as Dion and apparently he doesnt like contact.

Barker4Peat

Stan Wickham (3)

Waverley is improving in the scrummaging area . so next weeks scrum clash will be interesting

Definitely a number of league stars in Waverley team. so it will be critical that they be adaptive

Not really sure how you can down play a three peat (soon to be four pear) SDW. It's an enormous achievement, especially for players such as Ned Slack-Smith who have been involved with the opens teams over that timespan. Barker's forward pack is extremely well coached, as well as the whole team, creating players like Billy Pollard, Luke Reimer, Lochie Dring and Tyrone Albertyn is not easy and I struggle to believe that is because of their ability to 'lift' and cheat. Having heard about Brook vs. Waverley, Crannies reportedly not as bad as previously thought, I do expect the game at QP to be an exciting matchup, but a big win for Barker boys nonetheless. SDW I'm a big fan, just not sure how you can downplay a three peat from the boys in red.

Jonte

Bob McCowan (2)
I just want to say for all those people walking their dogs at QP at 3.15pm on Saturday. This covid stuff is serious!!! I am sure the boys playing want thousands there win or loss, however by turning up when all the information suggests you shouldn't The only thing you will do by turning up is put the whole CAS comp in jeopardy Unfortunately Waverley does not have a fenced secure field. (I bleed blue and gold and love QP). You turning up will put all the boys who have played years to get to their last year and the hope of pulling on their schools 1st XV jersey at risk. I have a boy in year 12, whilst not in the 1sts is still competitive and hopeful. PLEASE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE THERE MAKE A SACRIFICE FOR THE BOYS SAKE AND STAY AWAY.
Just think of the worst case scenario, someone there is positive. Both schools have to shut down and the CAS competition is over. And would put the GPS in doubt as well.
Yes I am being selfish on behalf of my son and the next few weeks.
SO PLEASE IF YOUR CHILDREN ARE NOT PLAYING DON'T COME

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Wallahi, I'm so happy for my big nephew Dion. Yallah my Barker brothers it is finally the time for a three-peat. My boy Dion is clearly the best forward in the comp and probably the best forward in the comp as-well. Don't know about this pasty joel kardash kid hes not as good as Dion and apparently he doesnt like contact.

DionYazdanisUncle. I have not seen you on this site, but if you start making personal criticisms of any player then I am sure you will draw the attention of Cyclops. We discuss school boy rugby here. The kids we refer to are exactly that, Kids. Criticism can never be personal on this site. If you do not have something good to say about a player then do not say anything at all. I dont care how passionate a supporter you are of any team or your view of individual players, you do not personally criticise school kids. End of story.

And if you are a Barker supporter, get your act together. We don't make idle boasts. Respect is always earned and so far no player has earned a title of the best forward in the comp. Results are what counts. And how you act when win or lose is important. Gracious in victory and respectful in defeat.

DionYazdani'sUncle

Frank Row (1)
DionYazdanisUncle. I have not seen you on this site, but if you start making personal criticisms of any player then I am sure you will draw the attention of Cyclops. We discuss school boy rugby here. The kids we refer to are exactly that, Kids. Criticism can never be personal on this site. If you do not have something good to say about a player then do not say anything at all. I dont care how passionate a supporter you are of any team or your view of individual players, you do not personally criticise school kids. End of story.

And if you are a Barker supporter, get your act together. We don't make idle boasts. Respect is always earned and so far no player has earned a title of the best forward in the comp. Results are what counts. And how you act when win or lose is important. Gracious in victory and respectful in defeat.

Wallahi Rod Skellet. I apologise for the comments made about Joel, i'm just so proud of my big boy uno. Sometimes I hear people say that he's not the best but he is the best so I get angry. There liers and they lie for no reason. Obviously I support Barker but thats only becuz of Dion so I don't really care about all this cas nonsense. Also I just googled Cyclops and why would a one-eyed mythical thingo be looking at me. Seems a bit weird cuz. Anyway i'm just backing my boy like how all of you do. Peace out, praise allah and praise dion

Rick Dalton

Frank Row (1)
Wallahi Rod Skellet. I apologise for the comments made about Joel, i'm just so proud of my big boy uno. Sometimes I hear people say that he's not the best but he is the best so I get angry. There liers and they lie for no reason. Obviously I support Barker but thats only becuz of Dion so I don't really care about all this cas nonsense. Also I just googled Cyclops and why would a one-eyed mythical thingo be looking at me. Seems a bit weird cuz. Anyway i'm just backing my boy like how all of you do. Peace out, praise allah and praise dion

The mention of Cyclops connotates divine power, elevating Dion to support your implicit & accurate portrayal of him as someone who emulates God. Dions stellar contribution to the u16 NSW 2s is only topped by him being the cornerstone of barkers u16s last year.

Given that Dions abilities can only be described as celestial, it would be unfair compare ur boy to any mortal

Seeing your boy play cleanses my sinful eyes - you must be very proud

Wallahbye

Flavio

Ward Prentice (10)

I love it when the kids discover the forum
PS If Dion is so good why is he in the 2nds

frontrowisgreat

Bob McCowan (2)
creating players like Billy Pollard, Luke Reimer, Lochie Dring and Tyrone Albertyn is not easy and I struggle to believe that is because of their ability to 'lift' and cheat.

Tyrone's development has been dramatic since his first appearance for Barker at 6 in the u16s in 2018 and had a great game yesterday, but is it not too much to say he is at their level? No malice intended.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
See attached Covid much more likely to be transferred indoors

Outdoor activities vary from low risk to high risk

Community rugby and the schools doing all right things

And yes need to be sensible ... but NRL back to way larger crowds

Don’t know that any hot spots have come from outdoor activities.. involving watching sport from a distance

Coupled with sensible social distancing

Anyway I accept the parental and school pleas ...

Attachments

• 6A7DFD38-D8D9-49F9-90BF-40125391B430.png
    6A7DFD38-D8D9-49F9-90BF-40125391B430.png
    803.4 KB · Views: 194

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Where would this thread be without schoolkids and it seems we (Barker) have an abundance this year. The thread should create an annual award. The corners of my mouth do crease upwards occasionally at the ingenuity of bored schoolboys

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
If someone is attending QP could they please post up as much detail and colour as possible for the audience not permitted to attend. I do have a dog but she is a cranky old bitch, just like her owner, so I will not be dogwalking. I suspect we are missing the match of this wretched season