• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW CAS Rugby 2020

Barker4Peat

Stan Wickham (3)
Robbed, absolutely robbed. In the words Addin Fonua-Blake, that ref must have his fu**ing eyes painted on. Barker was clearly better, something about the refs at Queens Park being Waverley teachers doesn't sit right with me.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Robbed, absolutely robbed. In the words Addin Fonua-Blake, that ref must have his fu**ing eyes painted on. Barker was clearly better, something about the coaches at Queens Park being Waverley teachers doesn't sit right with me.

Ha Ha Ha, you are a funny boy Barker0Peat,

The refs at all 1sts games are independent, you learn something every day!
Not sure what that has to do the coaches, but clearly nor do you.

Relax it's not the end of the world, it's a footy game.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Goes to show you can never predict the outcome of these matches with certainty. Good to hear a close and hard fought game was played. I look forward to being able to watch next years fixture by which time we hope this virus is over. Well done to Waves on the victory.

Barker4Peat

Stan Wickham (3)
Ha Ha Ha, you are a funny boy Barker0Peat,

The refs at all 1sts games are independent, you learn something every day!
Not sure what that has to do the coaches, but clearly nor do you.

Relax it's not the end of the world, it's a footy game.

Bit cheeky, WLF.
Not talking about the ones game, but 16s and 2nd etc.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Bit cheeky, WLF.
Not talking about the ones game, but 16s and 2nd etc.

Yes BOP,

I too can be checky, but you didn't say which game.
The Waves 16as should have won by more, they blew a few tries, and the Waves 2nds won easily.
So that leaves the etc, well don't look at many other scores as you can see most were over 50+.

Look forward to next week, things should get better!

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
The season is not over and Trinity and Knox will be no pushovers for Waves or Barker. That said I think today’s game saw the two best teams for this season. In 2017 Waves won the season outright by winning at Barker by 2 points. The next year Barker won at Death Valley by 2 or three points. Last years repeat win was a standout with Barker accounting for Waves easily at Hornsby, and this year it was a game of inches again with Waves coming out on top. As much as we all like winning the it is good the law of averages takes control. Congrats to Waves & good luck for rest of season.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
The season is not over and Trinity and Knox will be no pushovers for Waves or Barker. That said I think today’s game saw the two best teams for this season. In 2017 Waves won the season outright by winning at Barker by 2 points. The next year Barker won at Death Valley by 2 or three points. Last years repeat win was a standout with Barker accounting for Waves easily at Hornsby, and this year it was a game of inches again with Waves coming out on top. As much as we all like winning the it is good the law of averages takes control. Congrats to Waves & good luck for rest of season.

Nice Rod, well said and very true.

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
Hey Rod,

Don’t forget 2016. Waverley beat Barker at home and away.

At home Waverley won by 40, at Barker Waverley won by 60.

So over the last five years head to head:

Waverley 4
Barker 2

What are your thoughts on my previous post? You mention respect a lot. Doesn’t seem a though the head of rugby at Barker agrees with you.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Hey Rod,

Don’t forget 2016. Waverley beat Barker at home and away.

At home Waverley won by 40, at Barker Waverley won by 60.

So over the last five years head to head:

Waverley 4
Barker 2

What are your thoughts on my previous post? You mention respect a lot. Doesn’t seem a though the head of rugby at Barker agrees with you.

Running R 1954,

That is a completely unnecessary comment, Rod is a great guy and well balanced, forget other comments, he has no input in those and I am certainly not convinced about any such comments published here.
The Heads of Sports are typically not silly, probably Fake news!

We can analyse results forever but it's really only the last few years that resonate.
Otherwise I will bore you s....... about how good we were in 1979!
Just after colour TV!

Cheers Buddy!

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
This is the entire Heargreves era of coaching the last five years.

It’s a publicly available Facebook post if you wish to look it up yourself.

ZHC

Peter Burge (5)
@WLF , apologies in advance ;), being the pedant/OCD I am for detail.

For an Ancient History lesson, colour TV came to Australia properly in 1975, four years before 1979 (testing started on 7th October 1974). I remember it well, going to a mate's place (whose father was very well off) who got one as soon as come out. Around the same time, my team, QLD with Paul McLean/Mark Loane were in hard tussles with NSW.

Ancient History ;):)

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Does anyone have the team list for knox from today?
@WLF , apologies in advance ;), being the pedant/OCD I am for detail.

For an Ancient History lesson, colour TV came to Australia properly in 1975, four years before 1979 (testing started on 7th October 1974). I remember it well, going to a mate's place (whose father was very well off) who got one as soon as come out. Around the same time, my team, QLD with Paul McLean/Mark Loane were in hard tussles with NSW.

Ancient History ;):)
I feel as though i know you ZHC.
Think you should have a coffee with Running R and relax, probably plenty in common.
But only rarely will I contradict your stats, but I look forward to the day you slip!

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Does anyone have the team list for knox from today?
Here you go

OLLING, Ethan
BRAY, Romeo
BLACK, Jack
CHAMEN, Lucas
HUI, Glenn
LAKE, Nicholas
HERDMAN, Charlie
FEATHER, Will
GODDARD, Tom
MORRISON, Tom
BARR, Cooper
MCCREADY, Luke
CONSTABLE, James ( C )
NICHOLL, Samson
TUCKER, Luke

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
Highlights of the last 20mins at Death Valley:)

Thank you side steppa for those not able to make it. Is the rest of the game coming? Sadly I can’t get to these games anymore! Kids have moved on.

Looks like a tough game. Barker look quick, Waverley look strong. Good to see crowd listened to Covid restrictions.

Waverley scrum very Dominant in this footage. Lineout looks sloppy though.

Waverley look unlucky with the yellows in this footage. A yellow for holding a players leg and another for three men in a tackle by the looks of it? Not the same as some were making out to be on here yesterday.

Well done to all involved from both schools.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Teams

Attachments

• E1920EE4-D9BA-4E57-BD8E-68A7233F8FEB.jpeg
    E1920EE4-D9BA-4E57-BD8E-68A7233F8FEB.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 266

MagicMike

Stan Wickham (3)
Waverley lucky today. All calls went their way. Barker were stronger across the park and played better all day. Just the bounce of the ball really.

From a school perspective, pretty terrible Barker only won two games today.

The fourths and the 16c’s. Might need to consider what’s being coached through the school for such a weak result.

Waves were lucky? The Barker player who kicked a Waverley player in the head while on the ground was lucky. First half, lead up to Volkman’s first try. The touchie reported it but was not 100% certain who the player was. Ref chatted to the Barker captain. Not even a penalty. Should have been a red.