• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Country - - - NRC Official Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
Prop Duncan Chubb has been named in the Rising squad so the Eagles won't have him this year. But presumably both Toa Asa and Dashville Kuate from Randwick will be available this year.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
I like what they are doing with this team.

I hope Randwick aspirations/disappointment doesn't destablise the team.

I am sick of "imported" nicknames for our sports teams.

Why can't they just be NSW Country, or just "The Bush" or Bushies or something like that?

Car'n you Bushies!!!!

I'm sure the Rathdowney (Qld) RL team would be happy to share their name: "The Chokos"!!! (Not to be confused with The Chokers)!

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Looking forward to Sam Carter's imminent return to Rugby with this team.
I understand that he, Mr Genia and Mr Douglas have been "keeping company" at Rushcutters Bay!!
All three would hope to be included in Mr Cheika's 40-man squad to visit the USA!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Looking forward to Sam Carter's imminent return to Rugby with this team.
I understand that he, Mr Genia and Mr Douglas have been "keeping company" at Rushcutters Bay!!
All three would hope to be included in Mr Cheika's 40-man squad to visit the USA!

Is that how many he's taking there? Not just the 31 man RWC squad? Seems like a smart idea so he doesn't play to play some key players in that match.

Nice little 1 match trip to the USA for 9 players.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Over in the UC Vikings thread it's been mentioned that Tom Staniforth and Michael Dowsett will be getting a run with NSW Country..........

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Is that how many he's taking there? Not just the 31 man RWC squad? Seems like a smart idea so he doesn't play to play some key players in that match.

Nice little 1 match trip to the USA for 9 players.

Spot on, qwerty51, a one-month trip to the USA by 40 players, then 9 get to fly back to Oz to watch the games on TV!!

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
2015 squad

Mark Baldwin – Camden
Brogan Roods – Randwick
Charlie Clifton – Bathurst
Michael Dowsett – Brumbies
Nicholas Palmer – Newcastle
Samuel Figg – Randwick
Tom Merritt – Byron Bay
Tom Sexton – Rebels
Tom Staniforth – West Wyalong/Brumbies
Will Fay – Eastern Suburbs
Dave Faeo – Brisbane
Dane Marakai – Manly
Dashville Kuate – Randwick
Andrew Collins – Manly
Ryan Dalziel – Eastern Suburbs
Ned Hanigan – Coonamble
Sam Lousi – Waratahs
Sam Croke – Lennox Head
Will Miller – Nowra
Tyrone Viiga – Eastern Suburbs
Pauli Tuala – Wollongong
Beau Robinson – Dubbo
Jock Merriman – Boorowa
David Harvey – West Harbour
Jono Lance – Canberra
Ed Stubbs – Eastern Suburbs
David Horwitz – Randwick
Jarome Mckenzie – Eastern Suburbs
Andrew Kellaway – Randwick
Joel Brooks – West Harbour

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
@Dave Beat would be unhappy that some of his Marlins are crossing "the Bridge" and also happy that Marlins overlooked by the Rays are getting a gig somewhere.

I was expecting to see a few more of the Wicks young'uns nominated.

Good to see that they are picking 3rd Grade players from the Beasts. /sarcasm/

Really stoked to see Beau Robinson is getting a lifeline. The younger loose forwards like Hanigan, Figg, Baldwin will gain a lot from his knowledge, and experience.

There must be a couple of TBA's and A.N. Other's yet to come for the final squad.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Sam Lousi from Southern Districts? Odd one, he's from NZ and not a country lad?
Hey, NZ is still a country (and Kuate is from Cameroon - also a country) ;)

A possible lineup?

1 David Faeo
2 Tom Sexton
3 Andrew Collins
4 Sam Lousi
5 Sam Carter
6 Pauli Tuala
7 Beau Robinson
8 Tyrone Viiga
9 Michael Dowsett
10 David Horwitz
11 Andrew Kellaway
12 Jono Lance
13 Ed Stubbs
14 Jarome McKenzie
15 David Harvey

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
@Dave Beat would be unhappy that some of his Marlins are crossing "the Bridge" and also happy that Marlins overlooked by the Rays are getting a gig somewhere.

I was expecting to see a few more of the Wicks young'uns nominated.

Good to see that they are picking 3rd Grade players from the Beasts. /sarcasm/

Really stoked to see Beau Robinson is getting a lifeline. The younger loose forwards like Hanigan, Figg, Baldwin will gain a lot from his knowledge, and experience.

There must be a couple of TBA's and A.N. Other's yet to come for the final squad.

Yes and no -
  • Tank Collins is country boy - good on him for representing the grass roots that he's very proud of.
  • Dane Marakai - he must have worked on a sheep farm in NZ some time back then.
I don't think there's any political drama's with these, just gives me another team to follow.
It's the BJ one that I'm trying to get my head around, whilst I'm wondering why Hill is in the Rays squad?????

Quite a few Marlins out there getting the acknowledgement they deserve.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Any word on the NSW Country <Choose one title - Development, A, B, Emerging, Under 20's, Gen Next> Team/Squad. It seems that they will be having a game against the Canberra Griffins on 29 August?

Will this be the NSW Country RU Rep team selected from the Country Championships held earlier at Bowral, or one chosen from clubs "associated" with the Eagles along with some talented Country RU or Country Origin players?

There will be a Griffins rep squad that will play some curtain raisers to NRC games this year:

29 August v NSW Country B (NRC curtain-raiser)
5 September v Greater Sydney Rams B (NRC curtain-raiser)
24 September v Australian Services Rugby Union
28 September v Australian Services Rugby Union
10 October v Newcastle Emerging Wildfires (NRC curtain-raiser)
<snip>

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
11902483_819482731482307_7126769459719081600_n.jpg

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Dalziel performed well for the Eagles last year and he was training with the Tahs as their 4th Hooker. He got injured during NRC 2014 and hasn't been back in club rugby until a couple of months ago. He's probably at the same level as Sexton but actually has runs on the board.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Dalziel performed well for the Eagles last year and he was training with the Tahs as their 4th Hooker. He got injured during NRC 2014 and hasn't been back in club rugby until a couple of months ago. He's probably at the same level as Sexton but actually has runs on the board.

Tatafu, Latu, Roach, Porecki, Dalziel?

Would think it helps that Dalziel plays at Easts where Coleman coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.