• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW JRU State Championships & Representative Teams 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill McLean (32)
Doondoonsley,

You have made some very serious allegations, so please share with us your proof you speak of in your above post!

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I don't recall saying that I can back it up with facts, and for various reasons I'm not going to say a lot of them.
Let me just say that, it's pretty simple to figure out once you know what to look for.
One thing I can say, that isn't all that controversial or wild, is that Gordon are persistently treated unfairly by referees in these state champs.
Every Gordon supporter who's ever been involved in a state champs knows exactly what it's like. The penalty counts are always unfairly balanced in the opposing team's favor, and Gordon are always the first to be accused of any misdemeanor.
If it's possible, try and find out the penalty count from this year's under 14's state championship final between ACT and Gordon. I was told it once, but I am currently in the process of trying to get the information because I forgot. The count is pretty wild, I will definitely get back to you about it once I get the information back.
I was present at the game, and I can tell you the refereeing was quite unfair, and cost Gordon the game.
Mate a big call re the refereeing. Unfortunately the young academy ref had a complete shocker in the 14s GF but once the game was over the boys and team management never brought up the subject. Gordon had their chances and in those conditions still came close to beating a much bigger team . The Gordon backline ended the weekend still rated the very best and the forwards held their much bigger opponents to what I'd call a draw. The conditions suited forward play as was seen with the next two age groups where the best forward packs were successful on the day. I'd like to suggest that grand finals are only controlled by the experienced ref, BTW I've been going to state champs for close to 50 years. The coaches did say that they are looking forward to meeting ACT on a dry track some time in the future

Bill McLean (32)
I don't recall saying that I can back it up with facts ... ... ... ... ... ...

Well don't bloody assert a position until you can! Especially as you have done so in your post at #206

However I have just noticed that you have also edited your post at #204 after I requested facts soon after in my post #205

Don't insult my intelligence DD or I will report you to the moderators of this site! Your behaviour is unwanted!

Vanuatu Chiefs

Sydney Middleton (9)
Doonsley, I am a Gordon supporter & agree that the U14s did seem to get the raw end of the pineapple in the GF. However, I think it's a big stretch to generalize that refs are constantly "such an issue for Gordon supporters at state champs year in and year out."

IMO the referees of Gordon's U15s matches were fair & I did not detect any predetermined opinions; (Gordon were the defending champs).

The referee of the U15s GF performed well throughout the state champs, including in the GF which Gordon lost. The Gordon supporters that I spoke to acknowledged that Warringah performed better on the day without any mention of the ref.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I don't disagree that Warringah, ACT or any other side that defeated Gordon didn't deserve to do so. I watched every game at the state champs and every winner was a fair enough winner. I just believe that having one team with a penalty count that is >4x another team's is farcical and shouldn't be the case at any level of the game because the chances of that team winning, whether they deserve to or not, become firmly stacked against them, and I don't believe that is fair for any side/club.
You are a dick if you think people give up their time to referee junior rep teams just to "give it" to the Gordon teams.
look at the coaching that encourages the young uns to cynically cheat at the breakdowns or whatever, for some perceived advantage , as the reason for lop sided penalty counts.
Repeated 4 x penalty counts in kid's games, are always a function of over zealous coaching.
Go the Refs in all of these scenario's!

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
The only constant is the unfair penalty counts, not the ill discipline.

& if they went out onto the field with the sour attitude that you exhibit, it's entirely possible that the whole team would be yellow carded.

Yes the bias is strong - that's how Andrew Kellaway has beeen able to advance - a qulaity player with a quality attitude - not a pocketful of excuses and blame

whatever

Darby Loudon (17)
You are a dick if you think people give up their time to referee junior rep teams just to "give it" to the Gordon teams.
look at the coaching that encourages the young uns to cynically cheat at the breakdowns or whatever, for some perceived advantage , as the reason for lop sided penalty counts.
Repeated 4 x penalty counts in kid's games, are always a function of over zealous coaching.
Go the Refs in all of these scenario's!

Stop using my name in vain:D And i don't cheat.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
You know what you're all right!

Whatever is completely right, Gordon coaches specifically coach their players to be cynical for the advantage they get. They coach them to be cynical so they can get penalty counts of >4x there own, because that's definitely a huge advantage to them.

But i thought the referees HAD to have an even (fair) penalty count - not apply the laws of the game fairly and consistently

whatever

Darby Loudon (17)
Sorry guys, I can't help it: "the official gordon pray"

Our Father in Gordon,
hallowed be our district.
our team will come,
yours will be done,
on field as in sculling
Give us today our rugby ball.
Forgive us our penalties,
as we don’t forgive those who cheat against us.
Lead us not into temptation with loose forwards,
but deliver us from evil referees.
For the chamionships,
the power and the glory are ours.
Now and for ever.

Amen.

Anyone do better!!!

Bill McLean (32)
Sorry guys, I can't help it: "the official gordon pray"

Our Father in Gordon,
hallowed be our district.
our team will come,
yours will be done,
on field as in sculling
Give us today our rugby ball.
Forgive us our penalties,
as we don’t forgive those who cheat against us.
Lead us not into temptation with loose forwards,
but deliver us from evil referees.
For the chamionships,
the power and the glory are ours.
Now and for ever.

Amen.

Anyone do better!!!

I am seriously ROTFLMFAO@Whatever!

That is absolute brilliance for 5 minutes work!

Bill McLean (32)
I'm dying here with laughter!

F%€k me Whatever please tell me this is your own work! My friends are going to die in fits of laughter when I share this!

whatever

Darby Loudon (17)
I'm dying here with laughter!

F%€k me Whatever please tell me this is your own work! My friends are going to die in fits of laughter when I share this!

All mine Newbie, doondoonsley continous crapping on was the inspiration - now he has disappeared off the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom