• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW JRU State Championships & Representative Teams 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat Cat

Sydney Middleton (9)
sorry princess misinterpreted the last sentence of your post, hope your feelings were not hurt too much.

S'UP

Bill Watson (15)
15's playing 16's if the parents are worried about little Jonny pull him out, if poeple think the game is a mickey mouse game pull little jonny out. At the end of the day we all make choices, i've heard plenty of people complaining about this concept but no one that i know of is pulling their kid out or is the kid asking to be pulled out. Lets be honest there is only a very very very small number of kids will go one to represent at a senior level so let them enjoy the experience for what it is. It may not be perfect but atleast they are getting an opportunity to play, they also get a new jersey which most kids like. ;)

S

sidelineview

15's playing 16's if the parents are worried about little Jonny pull him out, if poeple think the game is a mickey mouse game pull little jonny out. At the end of the day we all make choices, i've heard plenty of people complaining about this concept but no one that i know of is pulling their kid out or is the kid asking to be pulled out. Lets be honest there is only a very very very small number of kids will go one to represent at a senior level so let them enjoy the experience for what it is. It may not be perfect but atleast they are getting an opportunity to play, they also get a new jersey which most kids like. ;)

The new jersey sounds good. Playing in October doesn't sound so good. People are probably unlikely to pull out of a Rep side regardless of their misgivings because they don't want to miss an opportunity (whatever that opportunity is: to enjoy the experience; maybe to be seen by selectors and get a new jersey) but other options could be looked at for next year.
It's still not a good idea to match up U15s against U16s; let's hope it turns out OK.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
While the game against NSW U15's may not be perfect for the Pressies U16, it is a game that they wouldn't have if this was a "usual" year with a National U16's.

While the modified version of the National U16's may not be right the first time around, at least the team at SJRU/NSW JRU/ NSW Country JRU and NSW Schools RU are doing something for this age group.

S

sidelineview

While the game against NSW U15's may not be perfect for the Pressies U16, it is a game that they wouldn't have if this was a "usual" year with a National U16's.

While the modified version of the National U16's may not be right the first time around, at least the team at SJRU/NSW JRU/ NSW Country JRU and NSW Schools RU are doing something for this age group.

That's true; it has been good and it can only get better in future,

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Been a bit of discussion about eligibility criteria for the SJRU rep teams, principally targeting one particular Club team that is widely rumoured to fold after JSC.

From the Horses mouth:

SJRU Regional Tournament (U14’s to U18’s)
o Players must have played / signed on for a minimum of ONE competition round between the State Championships weekend and the Regionals. (ie rounds 8 or 9).

Sydney vs Country (U14’s to U18’s)
o Players must have played / signed on for a minimum of TWO competition round between the State Championships weekend and the Sydney vs Country game. (ie rounds 8 to 11).
o Players must have been selected and available for the schedule dates (particularly as this is in Tamworth).

NSW Invitational (U16’s)
o Players must have played / signed on for a minimum of THREE competition round between the State Championships weekend and the NSW Invitational. (ie rounds 8 to 14).
o Players must have been selected and available for the schedule dates.

12 SJRU Competition rounds have been completed to date.

According to Buddha, the playing record of a club with four (4) players in the SJRU U16's and four (4) players in the Presidents XV has been:
Played: Rounds 1, 2, 3, 4, and 8. (5 Games Played)
Forfeit: Rounds 5,6,7,9,11, and 12. (6 Games forfeited)
Bye: Round 10 (This counts as a game played, even though it is in the middle of 3 forfeited games).
Yet to Play: Round 13, and 14 (2 games).

The four lads from that club qualified to play in the SJRU vs NSW Country JRU game did so on the back of a Bye round.

What round will the Team in question play to ensure that their players are qualified to play in the NSW Invitational? Round 13 or Round 14?

What about this SJRU 2014 Competition Rule extract?

5.5. H) The Competition Manager may disqualify any Team that forfeits three (3) or more Matches in a season. If a Team forfeits three (3) or more Matches in a season, they will be required to furnish an explanation to the Competition Manager as to why they should remain in the Competition. In this instance the Team will be deemed to have withdrawn from the Competition and Competition Rule 3.13 will apply and / or the Team will become ineligible to participate in the Final Series.

6 Games forfeited (so far) seems to be in excess of rule 5.5.H).

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If the SJRU Committee meeting minutes were published on the web site, as they have been previously, we would know if the issue had been discussed and what the Elected Representatives on the SJRU Executive had determined.

S'UP

Bill Watson (15)
If the SJRU Committee meeting minutes were published on the web site, as they have been previously, we would know if the issue had been discussed and what the Elected Representatives on the SJRU Executive had determined.
that would result in transparency and i'm not sure that is what they are after. if you give people information they can make informed decision, if you don't give them information you are able to dismiss them a uninformed. With knowledge comes power and I think now I'm getting the to bottom of the subject.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
@Inside Shoulder, Do you think that we need a PhD qualified person to inform us of The Facts with respect to this situation?

In the lineout

Allen Oxlade (6)
12 SJRU Competition rounds have been completed to date.

According to Buddha, the playing record of a club with four (4) players in the SJRU U16's and four (4) players in the Presidents XV has been:
Played: Rounds 1, 2, 3, 4, and 8. (5 Games Played)
Forfeit: Rounds 5,6,7,9,11, and 12. (6 Games forfeited)
Bye: Round 10 (This counts as a game played, even though it is in the middle of 3 forfeited games).
Yet to Play: Round 13, and 14 (2 games).

The four lads from that club qualified to play in the SJRU vs NSW Country JRU game did so on the back of a Bye round.

What round will the Team in question play to ensure that their players are qualified to play in the NSW Invitational? Round 13 or Round 14?

What about this SJRU 2014 Competition Rule extract?

5.5. H) The Competition Manager may disqualify any Team that forfeits three (3) or more Matches in a season. If a Team forfeits three (3) or more Matches in a season, they will be required to furnish an explanation to the Competition Manager as to why they should remain in the Competition. In this instance the Team will be deemed to have withdrawn from the Competition and Competition Rule 3.13 will apply and / or the Team will become ineligible to participate in the Final Series.

6 Games forfeited (so far) seems to be in excess of rule 5.5.H).
I have been on about this for weeks now and glad to see others are now seeing how the system is being rorted by this particular club ( and we all know who it is). Send a message to the wider community...ban all their other club teams who are making finals this year across any age group. This blatant abuse of the spirit of the game has got to be stopped

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
@Inside Shoulder, Do you think that we need a PhD qualified person to inform us of The Facts with respect to this situation?
Do you want the $100 answer or the $2000 answer?
For $100 you get "no".
for $2000 you get "I am asked......blah blah blah.........No."
I think the silence of 10to12 and Garry Owen III on this suggests the complaints are unanswerable.
Chucking other teams from the club out of semis is not on: they've done nothing wrong and the kids shouldn't suffer for the ambitions of others.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I have been on about this for weeks now and glad to see others are now seeing how the system is being rorted by this particular club ( and we all know who it is). Send a message to the wider community.ban all their other club teams who are making finals this year across any age group. This blatant abuse of the spirit of the game has got to be stopped

What sanction is the SJRU allowed to apply to this club?
I assume that the boys who "play" for this club are now ineligible for further representative honours.

I feel sorry for those 16 year olds who aren't rep players but have only been able to play a handful of games because the superstars used the team as a vehicle to further their own ends. Aided and abetted by adults, who should proabably be banned from coaching, managing or administering junior rugby in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.