• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Schools - Trial Games and Selections 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There are plenty of boys from last years U16’s who weren’t at Under 17 state champs who should also be invited to be parachuted into this trial. Where are all the boys from Norths and Gordon? Why do they not get any special treatment? The Norths boys were Cohort State Champs for many years.

Why does the son of a key Northern Zone official not get the same treatment as the Hobbits? Rupert Carter’s boy was also not at State Championships, and was in the Sydney U15’s and U16’s, yet somehow has not been parachuted into the U17 trials.

Is this because his school are playing him as a loose forward now, possibly in competition to one of the Hobbits?
Seems one rule for some and one rule for others, and while all pigs are seemingly equal except for the unequal pigs, some unequal pigs seem to be more unequal than other unequal pigs.

Yet another reason to get behind George Smith and his reform movement. This Sydney Juniors mob seems to be more and more Quixotic. No wonder the game is shrinking even in the heartland of the East and North Shore.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
There are plenty of boys from last years U16’s who weren’t at Under 17 state champs who should also be invited to be parachuted into this trial. Where are all the boys from Norths and Gordon? Why do they not get any special treatment? The Norths boys were Cohort State Champs for many years.

Why does the son of a key Northern Zone official not get the same treatment as the Hobbits? Rupert Carter’s boy was also not at State Championships, and was in the Sydney U15’s and U16’s, yet somehow has not been parachuted into the U17 trials.

Is this because his school are playing him as a loose forward now, possibly in competition to one of the Hobbits?
Seems one rule for some and one rule for others, and while all pigs are seemingly equal except for the unequal pigs, some unequal pigs seem to be more unequal than other unequal pigs.

Yet another reason to get behind George Smith and his reform movement. This Sydney Juniors mob seems to be more and more Quixotic. No wonder the gams is shrinking even in the heartland of the East and North Shore.

tbh I don't know, are they still playing club rugby? Coming from norths and Gordon I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of them were private school boys and have dropped club footy.

im not trying to be biased or stand up for the souths boys or anything, I don't know them and couldn't give a rats wether they get in or not. The situation just intrests me that's all

Sideline Eye

Darby Loudon (17)
Wouldn't be surprised if the organisers are looking for alternate ovals for games on day 2 onwards, even if the Sun comes out tomorrow as predicted.

The field yesterday was in excellent condition. With a day off today, and continued sun, I think the Riverview First Field will last the distance.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
That is good. I guess moving the games to the Eastern side of #1 was the masterstroke from the ground staff.

thefencesitter

Allen Oxlade (6)
Second Field is used during the finals for the Division 2 playoffs - NT, TAS, LMRDT, SA.

Seems a bit unfortunate for players in those teams unable to be properly showcased to selectors games on First Field are on at the same time.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I think that's what Combined states are used for now.
Didn't a few of the LM's boys get promoted to the Combined States team?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Some of the Lloydies made it into State teams.

Currie (NSW II), Sorevi (QLD II), and Anderson (QLD II).

Bill McLean (32)
Looks Like Newbie wins after Saturday night.

How long should my penance be with the "new" avatar?

Old friend I wasn't going to raise the subject, because as you are acutely aware I am a humble and selfless being, but since you have brought the subject up i will will suggest that until they reclaim the trophy; which would make that somewhere around July 2025 :)

Bill McLean (32)
Hey HJ how about this for opportunists!

The Lions website has emailed all members for a ('expression of interest') new offer; a lions jersey with 'Victory in Australia' embroided below the 'Australia 2013' in the same format.

The catch is postage is from Australia, adding an extra £15 (AU$25) to £55 price. Last week the same jerseys were on sale for £40!

Most of the jerseys in the UK are sold out, but Australia has an 'Overstock'! God bless commercial opportunities :)

Status
Not open for further replies.