• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Schools Under 16 Championships - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sidelineview

Maybe but the standard of the schools games last week was far in excess of anything on display in the last 2 days

Apparently the NSW schools U16s comp is relatively new (2011?). This whole 16s concept seems to be a work in progress.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Maybe but the standard of the schools games last week was far in excess of anything on display in the last 2 days
There were quite a few familiar faces from last weekend at the Sydney zone playoffs this weekend and having watched both weekends IMO the schools comp does have an edge but it's an edge not a gulf.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
There were quite a few familiar faces from last weekend at the Sydney zone playoffs this weekend and having watched both weekends IMO the schools comp does have an edge but it's an edge not a gulf.

It may depend on which games you watch I guess.
It may also be affected by the fact that some of these kids have played 15 games in 21 days i.e. near enough to a full season!!!!

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
It may depend on which games you watch I guess.
Many boys this weekend who seemed not to know the laws of the game of rugby football.
Very true and was obvious in some cases that those boys play the code whose whose name we dare not utter. However some of the unique interpretations of rugby rules by the bloke with the whistle also had spectators scratching their heads.

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Interesting speech to MNZ under16s after their poor showing at the weekend by a senior SJRU Committee member whose boy was in the team. Apart from having no role in the team other than parent why he was indicating that he would do what he could to make sure they got through to the next level is all a bit strange. I hope the Sydney team is picked on talent this year and there is no repeat of last years fiasco

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
@10to12, you surprise me. I thought you'd been around the bouys a few times.

Why are you surprised in the least that a senior committee member will be looking after the selection prospects of their boy?

Hasn't it always been that way, and won't it always be the case?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Interesting speech to MNZ under16s after their poor showing at the weekend by a senior SJRU Committee member whose boy was in the team. Apart from having no role in the team other than parent why he was indicating that he would do what he could to make sure they got through to the next level is all a bit strange. I hope the Sydney team is picked on talent this year and there is no repeat of last years fiasco

Well that narrows it down.
He should not be in a position to do anything to influence the selections, at all.
If the games don't count for anything they shouldn't be played.

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)

Why are you surprised in the least that a senior committee member will be looking after the selection prospects of their boy?

HJ. I'm with you HJ. Its the way it was done in a speech to the boys. About as subtle as a hit to the head. I was shocked that a senior SJRU Member not club would so openly indicate that the trials meant so little to him

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
HJ. I'm with you HJ. Its the way it was done in a speech to the boys. About as subtle as a hit to the head. I was shocked that a senior SJRU Member not club would so openly indicate that the trials meant so little to him

Good on you for putting it out there, although I guess you're frying bigger fish this week.
;)

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)

Your good HJ. Your last line I think is a quote from me from a few years back. Well done

S

sidelineview

Why doesn't someone ring the SJRU tomorrow and report this senior committee member?

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Only 10to12 heard it and is prepared to speak up.
IS Ithink that the important thing is that the SJRU Selection committee be independent. I would hate that this fellow would be allowed into the room or have any input when his son is involved. Lets forget about his inappropriate speech. Im sure the SJRU would keep it all separate. Surely its a professional organisation.

Status
Not open for further replies.