• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Schools Under 16 Championships - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
You're pretty much on the money IS but I would add their will be some gratification for the players as well.
I think the city/country result suggests the selectors got it wrong and hope the performance of west Sydney puts it beyond doubt.
Perhaps with a bit of egg on their faces the selectors might look a bit closer at actual performance in future.

But presumably there will be significant regime change given the end of certain parents involvement with club at the end of this season and no doubt the next lot will be seeking to influence selections.

Slugga

Ted Fahey (11)
But presumably there will be significant regime change given the end of certain parents involvement with club at the end of this season and no doubt the next lot will be seeking to influence selections.

No doubt IS but for the good of the game hopefully they will be less successful.

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
You're pretty much on the money IS but I would add their will be some gratification for the players as well.

The western Sydney invitational team was a result of the farce that was the Sydney selections. Geoff Ferris is to be congratulated for making a stand and driving their inclusion.

The city/country result suggests the selectors got it wrong and hopefully the performance of west Sydney will put it beyond doubt.

I think they will be very competitive (having lost only the 5 players to Sydney) with a strong pack and the best back thereof all the teams. The biggest problem is replacing 10-13.

Perhaps with a bit of egg on their faces the selectors might look a bit closer at actual performance in future.

Finally it's my understanding it will also be a replacement for the JGC trials for West and North West Sydney.
Don't underestimate the country 16s. I have seen them play and they are a tough handy bunch who have had a good program running this year. The west boys will give SJ a run for their money but I can't see them getting close to the Schools team which has talent across the park. Biggest issue is getting the boys into rugby mode in the heat with no great reward at the end of the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.