• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW U16 - schools, NSWJRU / SJRU / CRJU 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
Fantastic timing.
What happens to Oz Schools under this new regime?
on the current proposals, Aus Schools focus will be one the 18s only (no schools 16s teams required).

Therefore the 'ownership' will be
ARU (15,17,20)
Schools (18)
Club (NSW State Champs and Interstate Champs) dovetailing into ARU hosted tournaments

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
on the current proposals, Aus Schools focus will be one the 18s only (no schools 16s teams required).

Therefore the 'ownership' will be
ARU (15,17,20)
Schools (18)
Club (NSW State Champs and Interstate Champs) dovetailing into ARU hosted tournaments

So the schools will have one trials in 18s between the various systems to a state schools team and then oz schools?
and there will be no schools u 16 state team and, presumably, no u16s school systems teams + presidents XV?
Not sure that the full ramifications of this have been appreciated by the administrators in u16's in either school or club.

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
They should have, as it has been explained several times to each body. Unfortunately, in Clubland the 'officials' seem only to focus on the ramifications of their little boy rather than the strategic implications.

Simply put the ARU will not fund a continued Aust U16s tournament along the current lines. They are now proposing a conference style system where NSW will get 4 teams (versus the current 3). This will give an additional 23 more players included in he proposed system.

In respect to Schools, the current system of horsetrading (sharing) for players for the Aust U16s Tournament is not sustainable and does neither camp any favours (especially when playing the Qld I side).

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
From Blacktown:
Under 16
North 20 South 0
West 12 Barbar 7

Under 15
West 30 South 12
North 12 Barbar 0

Under 17 Trial. Red beat Checkers. Scrappy game.

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
U/16 barbars 5 MNZ 0
I think some of the Barbars felt this match was a little more important than the match against MWZ.
Went home to get warm and dry so didn't see the MSZ v MWZ for this age group

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
MWZ 20- MNZ-7
Barbars 17 - MSZ 7

MWZ 1st then Barbars, MNZ

The diluting of the Gordon and Warringah teams was successful in evening the standings of these squads. The Eastwood and Parramatta players that make up the MWZ teams will probably fare well after these results

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Southern Zone has been under-performing for many years.

Is it time to rethink the makeup of the teams for the regionals?

Slugga

Ted Fahey (11)
Final placing for u15 Zone tournament

1. MWZ

2. MNZ

3. Barbarians

4. MSZ

Selections for Sydney team: West 4 with the remaining 19 predominantly north and Barbarians.

No doubt there is a perfectly good explanation as to how the second placed team and particularly 3rd place (with one win) can make up the vast bulk of the side.
Anyone care to enlighten me?

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)

1. MWZ

2. MNZ

3. Barbarians

4. MSZ

Selections for Sydney team: West 4 with the remaining 19 predominantly north and Barbarians.

No doubt there is a perfectly good explanation as to how the second placed team and particularly 3rd place (with one win) can make up the vast bulk of the side.

If it is anything like the 16s, the MNZ team was split between Gordon and Warringah - both grand finalists at State Champs - to make two "even" teams. MNZ had a weakened back line. No wonder Wests won - it actually had a proper rep team. Check the program re how the Barbarians/MNZ were split?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

1. MWZ

2. MNZ

3. Barbarians

4. MSZ

Have you got the team?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Slugga

Ted Fahey (11)
If it is anything like the 16s, the MNZ team was split between Gordon and Warringah - both grand finalists at State Champs - to make two "even" teams. MNZ had a weakened back line. No wonder Wests won - it actually had a proper rep team. Check the program re how the Barbarians/MNZ were split?

That was not the case in the 15's, Grand finalists were Gordon and Eastwood. In the zone West beat southern and Barbarians, north beat west and barbarians, barbarians beat southern only - that is they came a clear second last as you would expect.

Which ever way you twist it its hard to explain how the winning side can have only 4 selected from 23 but I'm all ears.

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
That was not the case in the 15's, Grand finalists were Gordon and Eastwood. In the zone West beat southern and Barbarians, north beat west and barbarians, barbarians beat southern only - that is they came a clear second last as you would expect.

Which ever way you twist it its hard to explain how the winning side can have only 4 selected from 23 but I'm all ears.

Welcome to politics in sport, often depends who the selector is, whether boys made JGS etc etc....

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

To quote you:
"What utter garbage. By 'rights' the world should be sunshine and lollipops for everyone. "
http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/2013-nsw-state-cup.12697/page-4#post-497065

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It doesn't get any better as you move up the age groups. You should view the farce with the Under 17's to get a guide as to the politics, incompetence and nepotism from the Juniors.
There is a doozy of an email from Randwick doing the rounds, with the most "interesting" response from the SJRU official.

Slugga

Ted Fahey (11)
To quote you:
"What utter garbage. By 'rights' the world should be sunshine and lollipops for everyone. "
http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/2013-nsw-state-cup.12697/page-4#post-497065[/quote]

I’m flattered I’ve made such an impact on you that you’ve taken the time to scour past posts in search of a quote. Alas life must be tedious.
Anyhoo, what’s a quote about draws in the State champs got to do with anomalies in selections? Or are you just petty?

Status
Not open for further replies.