• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW U16 Trial Games and Selections 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

magpie4ever

I'll go one better than you here!

For those who know their history (albeit ancient history ... lol) given that the School Champs are at Knox this weekend I was intending to wear my favourite "Glasgow Celtic" jersey to see if sectarian fervour was still alive and well within the college.

Perhaps I might make Reverend Knox spin in his grave ... LMAO ... LMAO!!!!! Go the NSWCCC Taigs!!

Regards,
Newbie.

Let me know where his grave is & I'll go one better:D

F

For the love of the game.

Shame Lucas Bateman has not been given the opportunity to play, schools need to plan excursions/trips around important rugby events

Bill McLean (32)
LMAO@RugbyTragic

Go the Orange men!

Hey RT, Magpie has suggested that we should honour the Reverend John Knox (the man who the school was named after) this coming weekend! Magpie wants to do this by pouring a bottle of 25 year old scotch over John Knox’s monument. I agree, however I have strongly suggested that we should pass the scotch through our kidneys first … LMAO!!!

Nothing better than the resurrection of an old rivarly ... lmao!

C

cold coffee

Gents,

Am I on the right track here...? Reading through the rules for the impending U15/16 Regional Carnival. The very first rule 1.1 says -

1. INTRODUCTION
i The Under 15 Regional’s and Under 16 Championships form part of the career path for Junior
Club players across NSW. The underlying principle for participation in the Carnival requires
participants to be genuine Junior Club players active in club competitions from the metropolitan
and country areas of NSW.

Does this explain as to why certain players are not playing in the Regional Carnival?(ie - no junior club rugby) If this is the case- does the same rule apply to the State Champs? And if it doesnt why is it not consistent when it is the same pathway.... Hope this makes sense...

Im sure Newbie / MOTH / CTPE / magpie and co and help me undertand clearly....

More coffee ....

C

cold coffee

Pathway ?? Rule 3b/c below .... To me it doesnt seem to be consistent !

A friend pointed this out to me that is in the State Chmaps rules -

3. PLAYER QUALIFICATION

i A player is qualified to compete in the JSC if:
a. He/She has played in 2011 at least 4 club competition matches for a junior village club
or country town, within the Sydney District/ Country Zone he/she is seeking to play for
(U10s to U17s).
b. In U16 age group, he has played at least 4 club competition matches for a junior
affiliated club in 2010 or 2011. :confused:
c. In U17 age group, he has played at least 4 club competition matches for a junior
affiliated club in 2009, or 2010 or 2011. :confused:

Rugby Tragic

Chris McKivat (8)
Hey RT, Magpie has suggested that we should honour the Reverend John Knox (the man who the school was named after) this coming weekend! Magpie wants to do this by pouring a bottle of 25 year old scotch over John Knox’s monument. I agree, however I have strongly suggested that we should pass the scotch through our kidneys first … LMAO!!!

Nothing better than the resurrection of an old rivarly ... lmao!
Sounds good to me what a grand idea!

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Does anybody know the GPS Under 16's side for this weekend.[/QUOTE

Don't know the starting team for Game 1 on Saturday but this is the GPS squad:

Streeter, Toward, (Shore - 2 )
King, Cutler, Kelly, Lyon, Tooth (Riverview - 5)
Sandell, Schwager, Pennisi, Goldie, Deegan (Joeys - 5)
Davis, Tulloch, Jones, Matson, Stacy (Kings - 5)
Prassas, Lussick, Moeroa, Popple, Morris (Newington - 5)
Kamp, Starkey, Craft (Scots - 3)

Bill McLean (32)
Gents,

Am I on the right track here...? Reading through the rules for the impending U15/16 Regional Carnival. The very first rule 1.1 says -

1. INTRODUCTION
i The Under 15 Regional’s and Under 16 Championships form part of the career path for Junior
Club players across NSW. The underlying principle for participation in the Carnival requires
participants to be genuine Junior Club players active in club competitions from the metropolitan

Does this explain as to why certain players are not playing in the Regional Carnival?(ie - no junior club rugby) If this is the case- does the same rule apply to the State Champs? And if it doesnt why is it not consistent when it is the same pathway.... Hope this makes sense...

More coffee ....

CC this has been a bee in my bonnet for a long time as well? In an earlier quote I stated that our current rugby structure has too many sub-structures where each is self-servient to their own cause; not as it should be, which is the national cause! Moreover it is often the case that the left hand does not talk to the right! This is unlike NZ junior rugby which takes its place in a well structured pyramid.

In NZ rep rugby is properly co-ordinated so that there is no overlap between school and club (in fact schools teams participate in the same junior competitions as clubs)! Compare this with NSW's pluralistic rugby structure where young lads that are concurrently selected in school rep teams (i.e. CAS, GPS or NSWCCC) and SJRU Zone teams have to attend each repsepctive team's training sessions and trial/practice games. From here we see the onset of BURN-OUT, and more importantly conflict; what does the lad do when games and training session conflict (because they do)? To answer CC's question some elect (or their parent elect for them) to follow the school path and forsake the Regional path (or vice versa).

Such does not occur in NZ. In NZ those lower in the pyramid our essentially suborndinate to those that are higher. At the peak is the NZRFU (the body that selects the All Blacks and other national teams). In NZ a key purpose of junior rugby is about discovering and SAFELY developing the best players in the hope that they move through the pyramid and the best players make it through to the All Blacks. Given Australia's current track record against NZ I believe I know what system is working better! However I do know that the likes of Ben Whittaker and Manu Sutherland of the ARU are changing are present way of thinking and operating!

Regards,

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Gents,

1. INTRODUCTION

More coffee ....

CC there are actually two State Champs - the NSWJRU state champs and the NSWSRU state champs, the difference being the fourth letter of each acronym: J = Juniors and S = Schools.

The NSWJRU State Champs were held on the recent June long weekend and to be eligible you needed to play club rugby play for a Sydney junior club (eg for Newport in the Warringah district) and gain selection in the Warringah U16 rep team or club rugby in a regional area (eg for Singleton in the Hunter region) and gain selection in the Hunter U16 team.

The NSWSRU Champs are being held this weekend at Knox. To be eligible you must play for an affiliated NSWSRU school (CAS, GPS, CHS, ISA, ACIES, CCC etc) and get selected in that associations U16 team (eg CCC U16s).

Players who play only club rugby are able to play in NSWJRU Champs, those that play only school rugby play in the NSWSRU Champs and those who play both club and school rugby are eligble to play in both Championships.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
DAY 1
M1 0930 President's v CAS 2
M2 1020 ISA v AICES
M3 1110 CAS 1 v CCC
M4 1200 IGS v CS
M5 1250 Winner M1 v Winner M2
M6 1340 Loser M1 V Loser M2
M7 1430 Winner M3 V Winner M4
M8 1520 Loser M3 v Loser M4

DAY 2
CUP FINAL 1030 Loser M6 v Loser M8
BOWL FINAL 1200 Winner M6 v Winner M8
PLATE FINAL 1330 Loser M5 v Loser M7
PITT SHIELD 1500 Winner M5 v Winner M7

Regards,
Newbie.

I'm happy to be shot down but come 3 pm this Sunday I can see myself watching GPS U16 v CAS U16

M

magpie4ever

I'm happy to be shot down but come 3 pm this Sunday I can see myself watching GPS U16 v CAS U16

As i said in an earlier post, if CCC beat CAS (which they can if they run their 1-15 on); they can then go on and beat IGS (CHS). If for whatever reason they start with a slapped together team - like they did last Sunday then they might struggle. If CAS win that first match, I have no doubt that IGS (CHS) can beat CAS.

Therefore, my prediction (with crossed fingers) is a CCC vs GPS final & if that is the case you never know. Go the CCC; then again I'm bias:yay

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
As i said in an earlier post, if CCC beat CAS (which they can if they run their 1-15 on); they can then go on and beat IGS (CHS). If for whatever reason they start with a slapped together team - like they did last Sunday then they might struggle. If CAS win that first match, I have no doubt that IGS (CHS) can beat CAS.

Therefore, my prediction (with crossed fingers) is a CCC vs GPS final & if that is the case you never know. Go the CCC; then again I'm bias:yay

It would be great for schoolboy rugby to see CCC in the 3 pm game. On paper GPS are by far the strongest team followed by CAS then IGS (CHS) but ultimately what's on paper doesn't matter....what happens on the field does. Good luck to all involved in the weekend's games.

Malcsy

Sydney Middleton (9)
If the blinkers are off... they will pick a great team...

If the blinkers are on... they will play second fiddle to SJRU...

M

magpie4ever

It would be great for schoolboy rugby to see CCC in the 3 pm game. On paper GPS are by far the strongest team followed by CAS then IGS (CHS) but ultimately what's on paper doesn't matter....what happens on the field does. Good luck to all involved in the weekend's games.

As my old granny use to say to me: "May the road rise to meet you. May the wind be on your back. May the sun shine upon your face , the rains fall soft upon your fields and may God hold you in the palm of his hand, except if you're a bloody protestant >:D or in this case - GPS, CAS, IAS, AICES, IGS or CS.":lmao:

In all seriousness, good luck to all the teams and the boys, hope they enjoy the occasion, play hard and fair and have some fun, whatever happens they should be proud of their selection in their various rep sides. They are the elite of their various conferences - no mean bloody feat.

R

rockon

i believe that this weekend will outline some of the talent previously overlooked, without a doubt the amount of injuries that are plaguing the u16 ranks this season will give rise to a few new great players, especially from CHS, GPS and CAS. Predictions wise i believe:
cas 2's will give gps a run but will fall short.
A tight game between aices and ISA.
cas 1's will put it over ccc the whole game.
country and chs will be a tight game with a win most likely from chs.

Rugby Tragic

Chris McKivat (8)
Beware of the dark horse ISA team,saw them beat CCC last week and it was their first hit out.they'll be better for the run

Status
Not open for further replies.