• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW U16 Trial Games and Selections 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
i think he will get either the 12 or 10 jersey for parra with cale angeloni if thats how u spell it in there with him.

So where does that leave Clarke for higher selection? It's not state of origin so selectors are somewhat obliged to select the best #10 (or any position) from what they see before them.

B

bigboy32

well he got picked at 5/8 for sydney from inside for western zone so they could easily do that again, but his chances with schools arn't that great with tulloch and deegan playing good rugby.

T

theboss

What about the likes of Joeys 16 A's 5-8 Brent Whichker, or the utility player from Trinity's 1st XV - Cameron Orr; these are both fine players who are at the top of their game.

In all retrospect, young players these days are progressing to a stage were performance is the key to success. Players who strive for this success are the players who dominate the game of rugby.

HiTh

Stan Wickham (3)
Jack Whitaker from waverley is an under 16s halfback who has been playing great rugby for the waves 1st XV, certain starter for the CAS side, hasnt been mentioned due to a previous league background with the roosters harold matthews.

also who are the favourites for the 15 jersey?

Malcsy

Sydney Middleton (9)
Hooker is a postion I can't say that I've got a handle on at the moment[/QUOTE]

CTPE, as one of the, obviously, more learned contributors to this forum. Look no further than George Donnelly, the Norths hooker (in the AICES side for schools). Class act and also one hard little bugger. Reminds me alot of Brian Moore, the Pitbull. He is also a pom. Massive work rate on the lad around the breakdown and a fantastic scrummager who wins numerous tight heads. Outside of him, there really aren't too many quality hookers around. Seems an under developed position at the moment and I'm not sure why

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
He sounds the goods Malcsy. Loved the Pitbull!!

Agree with your comments about the lack of quality young hookers.

J

Jono95

umm just a clarification tulloch played 12 in the city country game last year. Nic Andrews from hunter was the 10 is also a very good 5/8

R

rugby5

umm just a clarification tulloch played 12 in the city country game last year. Nic Andrews from hunter was the 10 is also a very good 5/8

From my sources nick andrews from hunter has a broken arm and is out for a while.. dont know when he will be back

T

TigersFan5

well he got picked at 5/8 for sydney from inside for western zone so they could easily do that again, but his chances with schools arn't that great with tulloch and deegan playing good rugby.

I think Deegan won't get the spot over Clarke, he is a good footy player all in all, but clarke has a better all round game, although i think Deegan has it on clarke for defence. It will be interesting however.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Think Whicker might be at Trinity in CAS- read in another strand that he was 1/2 back in 16A and utility backs reserve for 1st XV.

HiTh

Stan Wickham (3)
in reply to: Think Whicker might be at Trinity in CAS- read in another strand that he was 1/2 back in 16A and utility backs reserve for 1st XV.

think you might find whicker on the bench due to whitakers great form for the Waverley 1st XV

I

International Badboy

I think Deegan won't get the spot over Clarke, he is a good footy player all in all, but clarke has a better all round game, although i think Deegan has it on clarke for defence. It will be interesting however

agreed also clark slots them from all over the park i've heard ???

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Kings aren't that crash hot, to see they have a imported combination of 9.10.12 seems that something was wrong in their team and they needed to buy in some players. The won't mould together well, and to see the likes of Newington, View and Scots up against them will be a great example to show this team who and what they really are.

I've been told that Kings U16As beat Scots at Scots this afternoon 3 tries to 2 in what was apparently a pretty willing contest. Interested in hearing how the opposing forward packs shaped up against each other and who won the half back battle?

T

The Blindside

I think Deegan won't get the spot over Clarke, he is a good footy player all in all, but clarke has a better all round game, although i think Deegan has it on clarke for defence. It will be interesting however.

Joey Lussick from New will be fly half.

B

bigboy32

I've been told that Kings U16As beat Scots at Scots this afternoon 3 tries to 2 in what was apparently a pretty willing contest. Interested in hearing how the opposing forward packs shaped up against each other and who won the half back battle?
both halves had a pretty good game. short passed better then davis, who made it up with a great try and numerous great tackles and pilfers

Status
Not open for further replies.