• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW U16 Trial Games and Selections 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Question. When they pick the City, Country teams at then end of the season obviously Rory Davis will be the Country halfback so, for City would they pick Pat Curtin even if he hasnt played any rep footy, or do they pick someone else who performs well at nationals?

I don't know that he's eligible as from what I saw in a previous post he is playing junior club rugby in Sydney as well as for his school?

Are they actually picking Sydney and Country teams at season's end anyway? I heard that they were just picking a State U16 team after the National Championships?

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Kicking things along a bit further more

1. Sandell
2. ?
3. Jarrod Matairavula.
4. ?
5. ?
6. Pennisi ?
7. McCalman ?
8. ?
9. Davis
10. Deegan
11. Ah Cheung
12. Tulloch
13. Moeroa
14. Winterstein
15. Kellaway
16. Clark
17. Roberts ?
18. ?
19. ?
20. ?
21. ?
22. ?
23. ?
24. ?
25. ?

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
I don't know that he's eligible as from what I saw in a previous post he is playing junior club rugby in Sydney as well as for his school?

Are they actually picking Sydney and Country teams at season's end anyway? I heard that they were just picking a State U16 team after the National Championships?

I think that's right - Davis is registered to a Sydney club and ineligible for Country. As to your second question CTPE - the Country team is picked - that's it for City vs. Country ( August 7th ) and for Nationals ( subject to injuries, unavailabilty etc. ).

My question relates to what team(s) are being picked after City vs. Country - I've see an U/16's pathway "flow diagram" indicating that there will be 2 teams picked after City/Country! NSW Blue & NSW White! Can someone enlighten me?

C

cold coffee

Kicking things along a bit further more

1. Sandell
2. ?
3. Jarrod Matairavula.
4. ?
5. ?
6. Pennisi ?
7. McCalman ?
8. ?
9. Davis
10. Deegan
11. Ah Cheung
12. Tulloch
13. Moeroa
14. Winterstein
15. Kellaway
16. Clark
17. Roberts ?
18. ?
19. ?
20. ?
21. ?
22. ?
23. ?
24. ?
25. ?

The next obvious question is the line out -who are the best players here and who can put the ball in straight at this age.

R

rugby eye

can i just ask what is this team you are discussing??
haven't the NSW 16s and SYDNEY 16s already been picked for the aus champs??

HiTh

Stan Wickham (3)
i think T. Milne will be picked to start at 12, with morea at 13. Milne hasn't been mention much in this forum, however was outstanding for the CHS open 2's, and picked in the nsw shadows for the opens.
on another note, i believe schools are possibly blessed with the 4 best centres in the state in this age group? morea kellaway milne and morgan?

G

G-78-XV-V

Not sure if anyone representing the new schools is eligible to play in the state team...look at sjru website and the rep brochure... It stipulates that you must either represent sjru or country to be picked... Anyone know about this?

W

Wallaby Bob

The next obvious question is the line out -who are the best players here and who can put the ball in straight at this age.

My little black book says the Country 17 was best lineout thrower at the Champs. Did anyone see anyone jumping that didn't fumble the ball?

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
A suggestion for 4 and 5?

1. Sandell
2. ?
3. Jarrod Matairavula.
4. Schwagger?
5. Afele?
6. Pennisi ?
7. McCalman ?
8. ?
9. Davis
10. Deegan
11. Ah Cheung
12. Tulloch
13. Moeroa
14. Winterstein
15. Kellaway
16. Clark
17. Roberts ?
18. ?
19. ?
20. ?
21. ?
22. ?
23. ?
24. ?
25. ?

kiwi playing in Oz

Allen Oxlade (6)
When choosing your "dream teams" try to be unlike the selectors and choose players for their all round ability to play the position - "who can throw the ball in straight in a lineout" gave me a laugh lol

T

tzimmy

Couldn't agree more. The SJRU 16s is extremely poor. Most of the Trinity boys are luckey Whicker, Coffil and the likes. Winterstein should have been there, he was my man of the tornament! The Baa Baa's fullback im quite sure his name is Niuu and is the MSZ lock's name Anthony Vasilis?

Status
Not open for further replies.