• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Waratahs vs Blues, Sat May 28th 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
I remember us resting a whole lot of players against the Crusaders once. Boy, did that turn out well! Not.
Yeah, I don't think the Blues resting a lot of players against the Tahs is the same level as the Tahs resting a lot of players against the Crusaders :)

young gun

Fred Wood (13)
That Blues team is just outright insulting. Any Waratahs supporters who don't see that have absolutely no self esteem. Why not play the Blues under 16's as well and gloat in victory, if that happens. Can i get a refund for my tickets? Compare it to the Brumbies team that is up against MP (Moana Pasifika) this weekend, they are showing respect there, as they should. Blues, see you next Tuesday.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
That Blues team is just outright insulting. Any Waratahs supporters who don't see that have absolutely no self esteem. Why not play the Blues under 16's as well and gloat in victory, if that happens. Can i get a refund for my tickets? Compare it to the Brumbies team that is up against MP (Moana Pasifika) (Moana Pasifika) this weekend, they are showing respect there, as they should. Blues, see you next Tuesday.

They're the only top 8 team that can't move on the ladder.

They've earned the right to rest players. What does it have to do with respect? It's entirely tactical and they can do what they think gives them the best chance in the competition.

I have absolutely no issue with it.

The Brumbies aren't guaranteed third on the ladder which is why they aren't resting players. They can still move up to 2nd or down to 4th.

As for being a Waratahs fan and not wanting to attend now because you don't think the opposition is good enough? Give me a break. Someone else will gladly take your tickets.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Seriously, that's the way you see it, wow.

You don't think the only team playing a dead rubber this weekend because they've locked in first place on the ladder should rest their star players if that's what they think gives them the best chance to win the comp?

How is their situation similar to any other top 8 team where this game matters?

young gun

Fred Wood (13)
You don't think the only team playing a dead rubber this weekend because they've locked in first place on the ladder should rest their star players if that's what they think gives them the best chance to win the comp?

No, I don't. Rest some, sure, but nearly the whole team? They aren't doing that because they don't care, they are doing it because they still expect to win. Kiwis never go onto a rugby pitch without expecting that. Such is their lack of respect that they think they can do it without any of their best players. We should always be aiming to play the best players every time we go on the field.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
That Blues team is just outright insulting. Any Waratahs supporters who don't see that have absolutely no self esteem. Why not play the Blues under 16's as well and gloat in victory, if that happens. Can i get a refund for my tickets? Compare it to the Brumbies team that is up against MP (Moana Pasifika) (Moana Pasifika) this weekend, they are showing respect there, as they should. Blues, see you next Tuesday.
Geez you must hate World cup games where tier one teams ie ABs, Wallabies etc rest most of top line up against minnows. When I thought about it . surely a win for everyone, when Tahs get win (as they probably will) absolutely nonone is going to be bothering to read team lists after a week or so, the Tahs supporters will rightly point at score sheet. And we get to have a look at a new young 10 in the country etc!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
No, I don't. Rest some, sure, but nearly the whole team? They aren't doing that because they don't care, they are doing it because they still expect to win. Kiwis never go onto a rugby pitch without expecting that. Such is their lack of respect that they think they can do it without any of their best players. We should always be aiming to play the best players every time we go on the field.
You right, they will still be aiming to win, and expect team to be good enough to do it, but any coach worth his salt has the faith in all his players. I would think every Tahs team named this year the coach believed they were good enough to win!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

Of course the Blues will still think they can win.

Whether they can or not is another question.

The Waratahs should beat this side.

If the outcome of the match mattered to them in any way they wouldn't be doing this. They are resting so many players because they don't need to win.

The Tahs can't control who the opposition selects. I don't think they will be viewing it as a lack of respect. They'll see it for the thing it so obviously is. The first place team resting players because they have locked in first place on the ladder and it doesn't matter to them if they lose.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Someone just pissed in your cornflakes... were you looking for a selfie with Barrett or RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck).

young gun

Fred Wood (13)
Nope, can't stand either of them... a matter of fact if I was at the game last weekend I probably would have called Barrett a fluffybunny

:) :D ;):) :D But then again... I'm not a shining example of good sport.. probably more likely I'm the fluffybunny.

Why not just go to the Raiders games then?

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)

Brumbies have a chance to finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th depending on results.

Blues locked up top spot.

Completely different scenarios.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

Somewhat surprised RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck) isnt playing though. You'd think he'd be keen to get as many minutes as possible to press his case for the ABs. And he shouldn't be tired. He's played a fraction of what he would during an NRL season.

young gun

Fred Wood (13)
Geez you must hate World cup games where tier one teams ie ABs, Wallabies etc rest most of top line up against minnows. When I thought about it . surely a win for everyone, when Tahs get win (as they probably will) absolutely nonone is going to be bothering to read team lists after a week or so, the Tahs supporters will rightly point at score sheet. And we get to have a look at a new young 10 in the country etc!

You actually raised a good point there about the World Cup games so it prompted me to investigate a little. Just went back to RWC 2019. NZ v Canada, plenty of first liners playing, and Wallabies v Uruguay, same thing, plenty of Wallaby first liners on the field. Maybe not an indicative sample, not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.