• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Waratahs vs Blues, Sat May 28th 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
So many penalties against the tahs for sealing the ball off. The blues did it multiple times as well. And the tahs did it more than they were penalised for. Inconsistent and Interrupting the tahs when they were on attack

A mutterer

Desmond Connor (43)
just got back from the game.

going for the 3 points was a head scratcher, tahs needed to back themselves. chalk that one up to, i dunno, inexperience? lack of a winning, ruthless streak?

didnt hear much noise from the crowd, but then again was just in front of the speakers and may have developed tinnitus.

well done to the blues.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
They call a marginal line out not straight against the tahs yet the last line out of the game was 1m backwards and it's play on

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Seriously all Kiwis have to do is turn up for 10 minutes in a game and they'll win. The mismatch in the comp is crazy.
I know tahs are still not at kiwi team level at least for top 4 kiwi sides but they have improved so I try to have more belief. Also no reason to believe tahs can’t continue to improve so glass half full for me.

Realistically brumbies team only oz team at kiwi team level (at this point) although that loss to MP (Moana Pasifika) was not great tonight.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Interesting time for the ref to call off your feet on Hanigan, when every other ruck has had the same thing happen.

Don't know what happened there, Waratahs made ground at will through the backs and looked threatening heaps, just used up every second on fkn mauls.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I was out there too, I’m reading all the criticism here but it was a pretty entertaining game live. There is no such thing as a kiwi b side, their depth is incredible. I’ll take this season for the Tahs, they were expected to get poleaxed all season and the future looks pretty bright TBH. But yes we should have won this one.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I was out there too, I’m reading all the criticism here but it was a pretty entertaining game live. There is no such thing as a kiwi b side, their depth is incredible. I’ll take this season for the Tahs, they were expected to get poleaxed all season and the future looks pretty bright TBH. But yes we should have won this one.
Summed up well was out there too. Yes should have won but not a disaster and we have finals footy after last season of no wins..hard to not be happy with that improvement.

Last edited:

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
Yeah was a good game at the ground, the Blues supporters behind me finally found their voice in the last 10 minutes.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Yes, theyve exceeded expectations this year. Also on the bright side, it's been great seeing crowds at the games again

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
So hopefully HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) and Perese to return next week, which would be nice boost. But concerned for Poreki. Did he come off for an HIA? It wasn’t clear in the coverage. I think he came off against the Chiefs for an HIA, hope he’s ok, and wonder if he will have to sit out a week due to protocols.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Plenty of experts on this forum, that’s for sure. Not scoring on half time with a two man advantage on their line….. that wasn’t good. We got pushed back in our scrum!

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Plenty of experts on this forum, that’s for sure. Not scoring on half time with a two man advantage on their line….. that wasn’t good. We got pushed back in our scrum!
You as one, you go around this forum acting like you know better then everyone else.. but your just as bias and uninformed as the rest of us..

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
You as one, you go around this forum acting like you know better then everyone else.. but your just as bias and uninformed as the rest of us..
You’re right. I’m no expert. I participate to understand others views on the game and how it is played. Not that I always agree with everyones‘ views, but that is ok. That’s a forum. Don’t single any players out to put shit on them though.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
So hopefully HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes) and Perese to return next week, which would be nice boost. But concerned for Poreki. Did he come off for an HIA? It wasn’t clear in the coverage. I think he came off against the Chiefs for an HIA, hope he’s ok, and wonder if he will have to sit out a week due to protocols.
Replying to myself: smh reporting the HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) and Perese outside chances, have til Tuesday to prove their fitness. Poreki is 50-50 due to a “neck complaint”.

Status
Not open for further replies.