• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Domestic Rugby 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think the difference is that Nelson Bays & Marlborough both had D1 ambitions but came to realise they couldn't do it alone. Whanganui IMO don't have that ambition or they'd have tried it already. HB as you say are already strong & have been for a while but if I'm them I wouldn't say no to Manawatu who have some good feeder schools & Clubs to keep that going.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Have to say after watching the Otago/Canterbury game, I loved it. Watching some of those young fellas is breathtaking, Holland(otago) and Gallagher (Canterbury) are bloody good young locks and I am prepared to bet Holland will be one of the real top locks in world in a few years he keeps like he is, The 2 Bell brothers at hooker for each team were both impressive and work rate of these young fellas is just a sight to behold I think. Think the older one plays blindside flank a bit too, and he is 22yo so no doubt really enjoyed bouncing off 20yo lil Bro during game.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Odds QF decided: 1. Wellington v 4. Hawke's Bay & Waikato v Bay of Plenty with winner of today's Match hosting. In the Evens its 1. Canterbury v Northland if they beat Manawatu or Tasman if they don't & 2. North Harbour v 3. Auckland. Not sure why the QF don't cross over.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
And Wellington made sure they playing HB at home next week with a fairly comprehensive win over Counties-Manakau, so just got the BOP-Waikato game to see who get's home game. Wet weather resulted in no golf today (how sad I'm sure) so day watching the rugby has been in order.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sunny here in the Tron so guess who got to load up the tree trimmings & take them to the dump? Plus another load tomorrow if the weather holds. Bloody household chores getting in the way of footy watching.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Could be a final twist in the QF makeup: if BoP win by 33+ that relegates Mooloos to fourth & elevates Magpies to third. BoP currently +20 & half an hour to go so it's definitely possible.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Really looking forward to these games, well Friday, 2pm Saturday and Sundays games are all pretty either way games to me. Only team that will really struggle is Northland I would think, but when you think about it are probably one of those teams that have got a 1 in a decade game in them!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ no, Wellington get to keep if for the summer & being the last holder for the year get their name engraved on it. That's not something that has happened very often as their Shield tenure are famously usually rather brief...

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
^ no, Wellington get to keep if for the summer & being the last holder for the year get their name engraved on it. That's not something that has happened very often as their Shield tenure are famously usually rather brief...

& a club in their province gets to play for it 1st game next year?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
& a club in their province gets to play for it 1st game next year?

First challenge will be a neighboring Heartland union, perhaps Horowhenua-Kapiti as @Dan54 speculates above but more likely Wairarapa-Bush against whom they always play pre-season anyway. In recent times the other pre-NPC challenger has been either the Meads or Lochore Cup winner from Heartland. After that it's every home game with the exception of NPC Finals.

I see Wellington giving the Mighty Nua an early challenge next year............if they brave enough!!

Wellington brave? Pull the other one, it's got cowbells on.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
First challenge will be a neighboring Heartland union, perhaps Horowhenua-Kapiti as @Dan54 speculates above but more likely Wairarapa-Bush against whom they always play pre-season anyway. In recent times the other pre-NPC challenger has been either the Meads or Lochore Cup winner from Heartland. After that it's every home game with the exception of NPC Finals.

Wellington brave? Pull the other one, it's got cowbells on.
Naa ya right mate, no chance them taking on The Nua!! :D They may have to pick on Wairarapa Bush or someone easy!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck) at 14 again tonight. Mid-week Fozzie denied having anything to do with it but did observe that "it might be good for him"...

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well a scrappy first half, and buggered if I know how NH are ahead with their forwards getting dealt to so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.