• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Domestic Rugby 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
New format for NPC:

* 2 x 7-team Conferences, seeded "odds & evens" from previous season's standings.

* play everyone in your Conference & four from the other.

* top 4 from each Conferences make the playoffs.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Was eyeing up the Naki draw earlier today WOB, happy that my rugby feast got plenty of time in it yet for tha year.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ looks like my only realistic chance of attending a Mighty 'nua match will be v Thames Valley in Te Aroha & Tasman aren't coming anywhere close enough: Pukekohe I could do but Eden Park is a bit far & Albany moreso :(

Edit: Tasman get last crack at The Shield if Magpies can hold it that long...

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep I suppose I may have to sneak down to Levin for a home game for the Mighty Nua!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Magpies have a new jersey:

IMG_1152.JPG

Can't say I'm a fan.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Wrong in all sorts of ways. They have always been black and white stripes, I dislike this so called progress where the decision is lets have a new jersey. I didn't like it at club level, and WOB will note if he looks at pictures of Levin Athletic playing strip, they had changed to all blue, when I was managing team in 1995 the club committee got together and we decided to go back to oru original colours blue and black hoops with white shorts. Remember tradition!!!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well, I see Barnes has got all but 6 players for the Naki squad, 3 of those he hoping will be Perofeta, Micheal Bent (southern club and ex Irish test player, and Finn Hoeta, all 3 were in Naki team last year, think Bent is wondering if he got another season in him.

And who says I am not romantic, was myself and Mrs Dan54's 49th wedding anniversary last week, and I bought us BOTH gold membership to the supporter's club, so tickets etc taken care of!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ yeah & I bet that's exactly what Mrs Dan was hoping for... how to you plan on topping it for the big five-0 next year?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ yeah & I bet that's exactly what Mrs Dan was hoping for... how to you plan on topping it for the big five-0 next year?
Well to be honest I have been thinking about taking her to Wales etc, I still wanting to get to a few NH club games live ;) . But we'll see how she behaves this year, hell I also taking her to test in Wellington, Maori game in Hamilton etc, so we'll see how she behaves at those.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think the South Cant'y fans who came North will have a ripper night after that & maybe a sore head for the trip home... ditto the players :cool:

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You'd think Turbos would take him in a heartbeat but 'canes probably not so much, they're pretty well off for midfielders right now, as are most of the other Super Rugby teams.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
You'd think Turbos would take him in a heartbeat but 'canes probably not so much, they're pretty well off for midfielders right now, as are most of the other Super Rugby teams.
Somebody needs to pick him up....he was the best mid-fielder we had before he left and should have been in the ABs

Status
Not open for further replies.