• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Match Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
There are currently no NZ teams in the bottom six of the Super Rugby table. That is kind of amazing from a statistical perspective.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
When did Joubert become such an inept ref? (rwc final maybe?) He penalizes the completely irrelevant discretions while letting the actual ones go..

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Not his best performance so far today

Hmm, if only Nigel Owens could follow our team around and ref us each week, lol.

A.Smith going awesome this year. Malakai Fekitoa showed some defensive naivety in one of those tries (put him in AB squad and they should fix that) :) Stormers going okay, awesome watching Burger do his stuff, no look pass. Genius.

If we can hold onto some more ball, give away fewer penalties I think we're right in this. (Rocket science)

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
I think Nigel should go down to SA and give them a masterclass in reffing. Wait, he can visit all three countries and do same.

Vermuelen is an immensely strong beast-dusted Aaron off like dandruff.

Agree with you on Fekitoa-gotta be in the AB mix this year.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
I think Nigel should go down to SA and give them a masterclass in reffing. Wait, he can visit all three countries and do same.

Vermuelen is an immensely strong beast-dusted Aaron off like dandruff.

Agree with you on Fekitoa-gotta be in the AB mix this year.

Luckily he still has it on his hands and can't keep hold of the ball, phew.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Well done stormers, nice to see them actually use the ball. Who knew you could score tries when you have the ball..

Joubert, Joubert. Rub of the disgusting green shirts. 12-4. Where's the rule that says the player has to have picked up the ball at the back of the ruck as opposed to hands on. When did this become a rule?

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
After this round, NZ teams sitting at positions 3, 6, 7, 8 & 9. Technically Chiefs are 2nd equal with Brumbies on points, but Brumbies have better win/loss.

Very much looking forward to the run to the finals.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
3/5 for the Round & not too unhappy about the 2 losses as I still think my lot have a slightly better run into the Finals than the 'canes or Clan & the only thing stopping them ending up higher than 5/6 will be lack of BP's.

Other factor will be how many players each potential finalist loses to int'l duty (adv Force) & in what shape they're delivered back. The June window has gotta be pushed back to allow Super Rugby to be done & dusted before the Poms, Frogs & Celts head down under.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Waipehu, I firmly belive the Crusaders will make the finals now, and suspect the Chiefs and Blues may fight out next spot, perhaps my Canes may struggle now!! I reckon the Blues?Chiefs game will be bloody interesting next week, I know Blues don't win away, but this one just down the motorway could be the one where they do it!! The thing is as Bad said earlier, our teams start knocking each other out from here on in!!

Also see Henry and Byrne won't be at Blues help Sir JK next year, Henry wants to test out the wines on Waiheke a bit more and Byrne concentrating on ABs (while moving to Brisbane)

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
The NZ conference is getting bloody tight. I can't wait until you guys start taking strips off each other rather than pummelling everyone else.

Yeah it's really tight, a '5 horse race'

11 rounds down - 9 kiwi derby's have been played
7 rounds left - 11 kiwi derby's remain.

If some sort of pecking order doesn't form there's danger of kiwi teams finishing up 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th.

Pretty confident the bulls, Stormers, lions and Cheetahs are out
along with the Rebels and Reds.

Which means one conference will have 3 teams in the finals this year.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Yeah it's really tight, a '5 horse race'

11 rounds down - 9 kiwi derby's have been played
7 rounds left - 11 kiwi derby's remain.

If some sort of pecking order doesn't form there's danger of kiwi teams finishing up 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th.

along with the Rebels.

Well clearly the 'canes (home & away v Chiefs) & Clan (H&A v Crusaders) have to take a couple for the greater good but go hell for leather in their remaining non-derby fixtures. C'mon guys, you know it makes sense.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
along with the Rebels. and the REDS

fixed for you

not so certain Bulls are done and dusted

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
fixed for you

not so certain Bulls are done and dusted

Yeah my bad the Reds are gone, Though I don't think the bulls have a chance unless they win there final 5 games, sure its an easy draw but still a big ask. Even with 5/5 wins they might fall short.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yeah my bad the Reds are gone, Though I don't think the bulls have a chance unless they win there final 5 games, sure its an easy draw but still a big ask. Even with 5/5 wins they might fall short.
bulls have stormers twice, lions, brumbies and rebels so 5/5 from unlikely but may sneak in

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well clearly the 'canes (home & away v Chiefs) & Clan (H&A v Crusaders) have to take a couple for the greater good but go hell for leather in their remaining non-derby fixtures. C'mon guys, you know it makes sense.

Yep, well the Canes could still knock over the Chiefs I think, at least once, tend to suspect the Saders will handle the Clan ok, there perhaps need to be a quick meeting of all concerned and have a quiet work out who needs to win what, for thye greater good!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.