• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ v Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
With 5 mins to go we are leading by 2. We have the ball in the ABs 20 but we are short on numbers with no attacking threat. Surely the field goal has to be an option??

I said to a mate today that if Barnes was on, he would have dropped into the pocket and most likely kicked that field goal. Gits didn't have the balls to attempt it.

The organisation of the backs went to complete shit when Barnes went off, both in attack and defense. We need someone else that can organise a backline, because he is always going to be picking up injuries.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
We lost this game in the forwards and the backs. I can't except that the forwards did their job. As I see it there were 3 crucial areas where we lost:

1. Breakdown (a-fucking-gain)
2. Tatical kicking (Giteau once again has a shocker)
3. Not finishing off half chances (eg Hynes and Sharpe)

Even if one of these areas is changed, then we win that game. If we change them all we smash them.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
the gambler said:
Absolutely Cyclo.

But Cowan definately should have got a card for his cynical professional foul 2 metres out from the line. Hell it could have been a penalty try in my books as I reckon a try probably would have been scored. How he didnt go to the bin is beyond me. But before PB has a whinge I am not blaming the ref for the loss. Just saying he made a mistake in that decision. Just as Sharpe did in the way he went to ground so easily. Butchered what should have been a certain try.

Who was the touch judge who came in to penalise the Wallabies for the late tackle? From what I saw that looked like a soft decision.

Yes there were two incidents that stood out. Should have binned Rocky for the hitting the player in the air early on and the said incident. The rules are very clear, intentional or not.

All round the best ref performance in a long time.

FINALLY SOMEONE NAILS THE ABS FOR FLOPPING ONTO RUCKS.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The ABs dropped a LOT of ball and their passing was poor. If these were of a normal AB quality they would have done us by 25+ I reckon.

R

rugbywhisperer

Spook said:
Rugby Rat said:
Let's face it. The All Blacks infringed every time we had the ball. That's all they had. When they had it and kicked they were offside. We smashed them in both defence and attack. Even turned it over with a minute or so to go. Lost on the scoreboard.
Rubbish. THe ABs were better and deserved to win. Their kicking game was so much better than ours. We played in our half most of the game.

No the Rat is correct - EVERY ruck there was an AB player flopping over the ball or sealing off our side and every kick they made there was an AB player in an offside position chasing the ball - doesn't matter how good they are - the fact that they win games by being so illegal in just about every facet or phase of play speaks volumes on their characher and how committed they are to a win at all costs approach and to hell with the laws.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
rugbywhisperer said:
Spook said:
Rugby Rat said:
Let's face it. The All Blacks infringed every time we had the ball. That's all they had. When they had it and kicked they were offside. We smashed them in both defence and attack. Even turned it over with a minute or so to go. Lost on the scoreboard.
Rubbish. THe ABs were better and deserved to win. Their kicking game was so much better than ours. We played in our half most of the game.

No the Rat is correct - EVERY ruck there was an AB player flopping over the ball or sealing off our side and every kick they made there was an AB player in an offside position chasing the ball - doesn't matter how good they are - the fact that they win games by being so illegal in just about every facet or phase of play speaks volumes on their characher and how committed they are to a win at all costs approach and to hell with the laws.
That's a bit hysterical. ::)

Yes they infringe at the rucks. Yes every team pushes the limits and play the ref. They do it well.

There are no angels but it hardly defines the AB's character.

R

Rugby Rat

rugbywhisperer said:
Spook said:
Rugby Rat said:

Thanks. At least someone has eyes. The AB"s only beat us on the scoreboard, we won everything else. It was only the ref's inconsistancy that kept them in the game. Why only penalise half of the blatent stuff ? Not one penalty for offside when it was obvious and repeated. South African refs ??????? If that was played in SA then I reckon at least 2 AB's would have been carded. That would have stopped the rot. Because they knew they could get away with it they kept it up.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
We should just infringe like they do when we're under the pump, I hate how McCaw & Henry are talking all week about running rugby & opening up the game yet everytime we started to get good front foot ball they infringe.

Everytime we got into thier 22 the infringed except for when Alexander knocked on which just shows how crap we are that we aren't smart enough to hold the ball & wait for either a drop goal or penalty.

cheezel

Bill Watson (15)
Rugby Rat said:
Thanks. At least someone has eyes. The AB"s only beat us on the scoreboard, we won everything else. It was only the ref's inconsistancy that kept them in the game.
If our players are not smart enough to adapt to what's going on, we don't deserve to win. The ref is always going to miss somethings and focus on other things more, why can't our players test the ref and pull back if they get pinged.

The kiwis didn't play well by any measure but they were far more cunning in that regard.

R

Rugby Rat

cheezel said:
Rugby Rat said:
Thanks. At least someone has eyes. The AB"s only beat us on the scoreboard, we won everything else. It was only the ref's inconsistancy that kept them in the game.
If our players are not smart enough to adapt to what's going on, we don't deserve to win. The ref is always going to miss somethings and focus on other things more, why can't our players test the ref and pull back if they get pinged.

The kiwis didn't play well by any measure but they were far more cunning in that regard.
Yep. The Wallabies are the only ones that play by the rules ATM. NZ and SAAFERS will keep going until they know thw next one will be a card. Going to watch the Wallabies in Brisbane so I sure hope we win this weekend

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Scotty said:
I didn't swear, mainly because Kaplan was good. We were bad. Oh and my 6 month old is asleep so I can't yell.

I might explode soon though.....
Skotman you really make me proud this time. :yay

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Why thank you PB. If anything a few crucial decisions went our way so nothing to complain about there. He most definately controlled the game very well. I just wish he was officiating in the first 3N game ::).

Status
Not open for further replies.