• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ONE TEAM - positivity thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I thought that all of the players that came off the bench made an impact.

Vickerman is a huge plus to the squad and I think that he will take the 4th Lock spot but could overtake Simmons during the tournament. He just loves confrontation and that is exactly what we need.

Higgers was a little flashy with his kicks but the one for Git's try only worked because he busted his ass to regather and the offload was magic. Also I thought the best part of his game was his tackling. He made one big hit just after he came on and then he made a great cover tackle when the Samoan's were making a break down the sideline. He was also looked like he was loving being out there. After last year when he was injured most of the test season it is obvious that playing for the Wallabies is a huge thrill for this young man.

Beau wasn't out of place. Yes he gave away a penalty and wasn't perfect but he was competing for the ball and we missed that early on. I think he is looking more like the back up 7 that the 30 man squad will need. Also as Mr Timms said it is a great part in his story on the road to rugby redemption. To think he may have given the game away.

Genia is class. He takes control of everyone around him on the field. I think that was the huge difference between him and Phipps is the talk at the back. I really think that Nick will learn a lot from being around Will in the next few weeks.

Beale looked great when he came on. His footwork in close to contact and his ability to beat a man make him an excitement machine. I just love to watch him play these days.

D

daz

Regardless of the S15, we are now (mostly) united under a gold jersey. We love our Wallabies and we get passionate and sometimes illogical because we care.

I think a group hug is appropriate right now.....

:)

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yikes...

But I agree. On the weekend it seemed like a team made up of Australian players, not the Australian team. But it won't take long and they'll be seamless.

D

Danix

Some good news. The Brisbane Bledisloe has sold out after only a couple of hours on sale.

I also attended the fan day before the Samoa game and it was packed out, especially with youngens. You should have seen the excitement on their faces when they realised Quade Cooper was there signing autographs. It was a real success.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Kepu had a couple of runs that reminded me of seeing him play for Randwick.

In the first half, the Kiwi's had a scrum in our 22 where their pack threw the kitchen sink at ours; we held them steady.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
We're still in the box seat to win the 3N... Kiwi's failed to score a fourth try so no bonus point.
If we win with BP in Brisbane, it'll come down to the RSA leg.
I reckon we're a shot in RSA as well - it'll be the first game for the year for this squad...

Status
Not open for further replies.