• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Orders from Paddy O'B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Link doesn't work.

But I think the point is that we can look forward to 100 minute games as the TMO's review every angle on every try in minute detail. Except when the Northern Hemisphere penalty goal kicking sides are playing.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I've fixed the link.

Very interesting
"Scrums: 4 clear and precise calls each followed by 4 clear actions."
I never realised that PAUSE was an action...

naza

Alan Cameron (40)

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
This is why NZ can't buy a world cup win. The RWC is the only time the refs actually enforce the rules.

Er, why do they need to be reminded to do their fucking job ?

Watched much rugby lately? Ever seen Bryce Lawrence ref?

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Watched much rugby lately? Ever seen Bryce Lawrence ref?

That is a man who was bullied by his sisters and is constantly wondering where the next punch to the head (entirely deserved) is coming from.

A trend has developed where players are clearing out ahead of the ball and then intentionally holding the cleared out player preventing him from defending.

Owen Franks, congratulations, you might just get a law named after you, you cheating fucking c.unt.

lonhro10

Frank Nicholson (4)
Good to see Woodcock has had his hand on the ground at scrum impact given the green light...I knew he was right all along

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Can't say there is anything groundbreaking in the 'memo'. Most of the same stuff. He said "no tolerance on early engagement". So maybe some more scrum free kicks in weeks to come. And they also picked up on that clearing out ahead of the ball crap.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Can't say there is anything groundbreaking in the 'memo'. Most of the same stuff. He said "no tolerance on early engagement". So maybe some more scrum free kicks in weeks to come. And they also picked up on that clearing out ahead of the ball crap.

Rucking past the ball is fine; it's rucking past it and not releasing the guy you've rucked out of it that's a no-no.

There's a major innovation in the link for Naza "Wycliff Palu will
be the father of my unborn children". A virtual chocolate fish if you can spot it before I get it up on the blog. ;)

Scotty

David Codey (61)
'Match Officials are to make Foul play a player issue not a Match Official issue.'

What on earth does this mean?

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
'Match Officials are to make Foul play a player issue not a Match Official issue.'

What on earth does this mean?

God knows. I think it means, "Be consistent", but if so, why not just say so?

Best suggestion yet is from Kendo Nagasaki on Gwlad:

Now, FFS boys, I've got to live here when this is all over so make sure the All Blacks win. Barnsey, this includes you, so no more letting the French win.

Cynical bunch, the Taffs. ;)

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Same as you naza, very pleased to see this one.

A trend has developed where players are clearing out ahead of the ball and then intentionally holding the cleared out player preventing him from defending. Referees and ARs are asked to be particularly vigilant in this area of the game

What are you saying? Did I single-handedly change the laws of the game? No, I can't take credit for that, even if it's true.

And this rule might be a good thing:

Loose heads who end up putting a hand on the ground to prevent a collapse at engagement occasionally may be able to rebind. This should be an exception rather than a norm and a loose head who continually puts a hand on ground needs to be sanctioned.

Now everyone can do it, not just The Myth.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
The memo is just bullshit on paper. Good luck actually seing this carried out as it should always have been. Refereeing should of never gotten to the standard it currently sits at to begin with.

A

antipodean

Er, why do they need to be reminded to do their fucking job ?
Er the discussion about the TMO passed you by?

There ought to be a Wycliff Palu beauty of violence exception clause. Just because.
Because like Haley's Comet it hardly ever makes an appearance?

Good to see Woodcock has had his hand on the ground at scrum impact given the green light...I knew he was right all along
Props have always been allowed to place a hand on the ground prior to the ball being in play simply because the penalty applied only after the ball had left the scrum half's hands:

Law 20.7 heading states WHEN THE SCRUM BEGINS whilst 20.7 (a) states:
Play in the scrum begins when the ball leaves the hands of the scrum half.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Loose heads who end up putting a hand on the ground to prevent a collapse at engagement occasionally may be able to rebind. This should be an exception rather than a norm and a loose head who continually puts a hand on ground needs to be sanctioned.

I wonder if the "continually" is a game by game measurement or if it works on Reputation heading into the game.

Interpretations...

Status
Not open for further replies.