• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Oz Schools v NZ Schools Test & Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Got to say that the better team won - great all round effort from the Oz Schoolboys to win in NZ two tries to one. The forwards laid a great platform and the backs really restricted NZ's attack and otherwise took the most of their opportunities. Well done lads!!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sorry Readers. No end of game stats posted by NZ Sky sports rugby channel before they signed off.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Penalty to Oz again - kick the shit out of it - time up - Aussies win 16-14!!

CTPE original post read:
NPenalty to Oz againd -kick the shit out of it - rtime up - Aussies win 16-134!!

Should have left it at that - Aust victory by 118 points. How good would that have been. Wishful thinking. :) Alas I wake up to reality.

CTPE Please remember the use officially endorsed correct rugby terminology!!!

In Australia, the endorsed terminology is "Kick it to the Shithouse!" - Dwyer, R, (RWC 1991) Twickenham. Accept no substitutes.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Should have read at end of Plesch Sin Bin, Australia back to 15 players, but new #8 ran on not a front rower. Whitely injured?

Pleash was sin binned dropping Oz boys down to 14. When the first scrum was called whilst Pleash was still in the bin they needed a front rower to contest it and so brought Robertson on and took Whitley off - he was injured leading up to the game but started and played very well leading by example. When Pleash's time in the bin was up rather than send him back on they left Robertson on and sent on the new no 8.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
CTPE original post read:

Should have left it at that - Aust victory by 118 points. How good would that have been. Wishful thinking. :) Alas I wake up to reality.

CTPE Please remember the use officially endorsed correct rugby terminology!!!

In Australia, the endorsed terminology is "Kick it to the Shithouse!" - Dwyer, R, (RWC 1991) Twickenham. Accept no substitutes.

I was very, very excited and there was some premature typlication on the keyboard :)

S

Sydneybra

I thought Dempsey had a cracker, also why wasn't Andrew Kelleway brought on

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Well done to the lads - I changed my opinion on some of them - all upwards. Will have Gagger put my blog up soon as soon as the nerves settle; had to pause the recording several times after they scored the last try.

Guys - Andrew Robinson is the winger (or rather a 13 who plays wing for Oz Schools).

Tomas Robertson is the prop that came on when Pleash got carded and the scrum improved immediately as I thought it would.].

John Dale

Frank Nicholson (4)
Great game. Was nervous for a bit at the end there.
Australia's Best 4 ranked in order
1) Robinson: Great try and try assist. Very talented. Signed with brumbies or anything ?
2) Placid: Great speed with the ball, timing is great. A class player. Surly the leaguies will try snap him up.
3) Whiteley: Inspirational in the first halve. Defence and offload ability was noticeably good. Good leader.
4) Dempsey: Not his usual ball running game but adapted very well. Got a few turnovers and
consistently tackled low and hard.

Those were just my 4. Not easy to single out as the whole team performed, including reserves that came on.
Good move by the coach to put in Tepai at 12 instead of Tuttle as the conditions did not suit a wide expansive game due to the strong winds. I thought New Zealand tried to play this game style in the backs which evidently the conditions would not allow.

From NZ, the reserve halfback, red hair. He was very good. Made a big difference when he came on. Wonder why he was not starting.

Congratulations on a successful tour. Did us proud boys!
and if anyone can report on the awards at the end like the bronze boot or whatever it is called that would be appreciated.
JD

Waratard

Stan Wickham (3)
Wow, what a game. Congrats to the Oz boys they did everyone back here proud. Dempsey and Whiteley had blinders, aswell as Robinson and Placid. Can definitely see futures for these guys and others in Australian rugby

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Australia's defence was awesome. Kind of reminded me of the world cup quater final against SA.

The game was a high standard and great to watch. Must have been fun for all the players/coaches involved. Good day of rugby.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Congrats to the Australian Schoolboys. Jonah Placid deservingly won the Bronze Boot.

Concur ++ with this award to this young man.

History has shown that the nervousness in Chez Jarse was unnecessary. Well done boys, coaches, managers, support staff and Mums and Dads.

Thanks to ARU and Foxtel for agreeing to broadcast the match. More of this please.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
..../snip/....

Guys - Andrew Robinson is the winger (or rather a 13 who plays wing for Oz Schools).

Tomas Robertson is the prop that came on when Pleash got carded and the scrum improved immediately as I thought it would.].

Uncle Lee,

I think I may have been one of the culprits.

Dr CTPE has diagnosed my condition as "premature typlication".

That first scrum after Robertson arrived was immense.

While the scrum has reduced in importance as an attacking platform, according to the statisticians, in preference to the lineout, a big performance on a pressure scrum can be a 14 point turnaround. There will always be a need for Elephants in the front row.

Status
Not open for further replies.