• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Oz Super Rugby Team Stats

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Does anyone have or know of a resource that lists has each Aus Super Rugby teams' annual stats?

Just after who played how many games each year as well as their tries and points scored.

I have QLD, just looking for the other teams

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Does anyone have or know of a resource that lists has each Aus Super Rugby teams' annual stats?

Just after who played how many games each year as well as their tries and points scored.

I use all.rugby - they have that breakdown in each players page. Not sure if they have a great view for the whole team though.

itsrugby.co.uk looks like it has that view normally but it's a bit broken for super rugby right now. It also tends to be better for Japanese teams.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

don’t mean to rant but this is a major issue I have with Super Rugby governance and the lack of a central body to manage. There is no central website, there is no single repository for team lists, stats, player profiles etc.

Go to NRL.com or download the app and you can see everything from live statistics on individual running meters, tackles, errors, etc to heat maps of match activity.

I play NRL fantasy league with mates and it’s largely because of the information available, you couldn’t do it with super rugby because the information isn’t readily available. It’s the single biggest driver of my interest in the NRL, to see how my players performs because fantasy league offers banter opportunity with mates.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Adam, It has been an issue forever and although there is some data available you have to hunt around for it. This is something the ARU could do that would benefit all supporters...Oops, maybe they don't want us to get the data as it might not look so flash.

I use https://www.rugbypass.com/players/ardie-savea/ and others if I can't find what I need.

Maybe the mods could put a list of all stats sites that we post here on a saparate thread?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

It would be one game short of their final results but the matchpacks go fairly close (if you look at the last one of the season for the specific team).

They clearly have all this data. They just don't publish it in a meaningful or useful way.

Reactions: gel

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
ok, team, thanks - I will start there. And may share results of my little project in the new year.

Reactions: dru

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)

Reg I’m not sure of the context of your project but you can derive this info from the Union Live app if you are prepared to work backwards - if you go to the Stats tab you can click on any player and see all their stats for each individual season

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Opta complies them all right. Have you reached out and asked? I know it is a paid service but they might be willing provide you some sort of trial access etc

Doubting Thomas

Stan Wickham (3)
Wondering if anyone has noticed that the team stats - metres carried doesn't add up on Super Rugby Match Centre?

Individual player stats from individual games "almost" add up to their published match stats (only out by a few metres here and there)

But team stats seem to be kms out?

eg. Blues "appears" to be 2.79km out?
aggregating all Blues players all games metres = 4364m
aggregating team stats for the 7 Blues games = 4360m (750+479+615+744+533+401+838)
metres carried displayed on website = 7150m Go Here then click on team stats and expand metres carried

All other figures seem to match up (where it is counts of things) eg. # Carries, # Kicks, # Penalties, # Clean Breaks etc etc just the metres carried is weird?

But I'm also seeing anomalies in the Scrums won %age eg:

I would think Scrums won on the RHS = 75%?
1680996622916.png

Or this one on the RHS maybe should be 100%?

1680996729162.png

Am I missing something?