• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

PdV Lying Like a Bugger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Pdv keeps painting himself into a corner:

http://www.keo.co.za/2011/07/27/boks-latest-pdv-denies-rwc-camp-reports/

and Keo calls bullshit:

PdV’s a liar

27 Jul 2011

The ‘injured’ Springboks are in a secret training camp in Rustenburg despite Peter de Villiers’ assertion they are not.

Keo.co.za has confirmed the Springboks’ camp at the Royal Bafokeng Sports Campus, where consultant Rassie Erasmus has taken charge of the team.

More to follow…

Roll on 2012.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
im sure i saw an article months ago where p diddy suggested he was gunna sent a b team over
my only surprise is the insistence that the 23 are really injured

B

Braveheart.

Id PdV thinks he can win a RWC with dad's army on little to no test match football prior to the tournament, then good luck to him.

I know I'd rather have a fully functioning, cohesive team building momentum by playing test matches.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
If a group of consenting men wish to go to a camp and remove their clothes then who are we to judge?

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
I know it won't happen, but I'd like to see SANZAR sanction SA Rugby. Doesn't this violate the Tri-Nations selection criterion contract?

Rebel rouser

Ted Fahey (11)
I know it won't happen, but I'd like to see SANZAR sanction SA Rugby. Doesn't this violate the Tri-Nations selection criterion contract?

It does. And I tend to agree. But then again, a part of me thinks if the clown wants to give the Wallabies (and All Blacks) momentum in the Tri Nations and lead up to the rugby world cup, then perhaps it's not such a bad thing.

C

chief

Oh come on, PDV has a right to do this. NZ did this. Australia did it to Samoa. I'm sorry but it's breathtakingly hypocritical for both Australia and NZ to claim the moral high ground.

However he should just come out and call it like it is. They are simply resting players.

Rebel rouser

Ted Fahey (11)
Oh come on, PDV has a right to do this. NZ did this. Australia did it to Samoa. I'm sorry but it's breathtakingly hypocritical for both Australia and NZ to claim the moral high ground.

However he should just come out and call it like it is. They are simply resting players.

There is a specific SANZAR clause saying you must field your best team for the tri-nations so as not to devalue the tournament. That is why PDV has had to blatantly lie about the injuries.

Aus and NZ have played B teams (and openly so) against PI sides. Not the Tri-nations.

C

chief

There is a specific SANZAR clause saying you must field your best team for the tri-nations so as not to devalue the tournament. That is why PDV has had to blatantly lie about the injuries.

Aus and NZ have played B teams (and openly so) against PI sides. Not the Tri-nations.

Please, the tournament has been devalued by Robbie Deans each week where he experimented with players. I will admit that maybe 20 or so players is a little steep but there really isn't much difference. The current SA players in the Oceania are trying to get selected for the RWC squad. How does that make it different to what has been Robbie Deans supposed goal of Australia winning the RWC as opposed to winning the Tri Nations. The only difference is the quantity, but Australia should not claim they have no dirt on their jerseys.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Do you disagree with the Reds Wallabies getting a one week break between 21 weeks of Super Rugby and the Test season?

Rebel rouser

Ted Fahey (11)
Please, the tournament has been devalued by Robbie Deans each week where he experimented with players. I will admit that maybe 20 or so players is a little steep but there really isn't much difference. The current SA players in the Oceania are trying to get selected for the RWC squad. How does that make it different to what has been Robbie Deans supposed goal of Australia winning the RWC as opposed to winning the Tri Nations. The only difference is the quantity, but Australia should not claim they have no dirt on their jerseys.

Mate, if you can't see the difference between rotating in 2-4 players to see whether they're ready to step up to the first grade, versus leaving 21 at home and running a secret training camp behind a screen of 'they're all injured - look i've even got med certs for them' then I can't explain it to you.

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)

As far as I last heard SANZAR and ARU investigated the matter and were satisfied with the injuries.

As for whether or not resting players is a good idea, this will never be proved conclusively. I would much rather have seen the resting done in the Super15 than for internationals but because of no central contracts in SA the franchise coaches do not cooperate. Different in NZ right? How about Australia?

Out of interest, is there a clause stipulating coaches must play best available in the Super15?

C

chief

Do you disagree with the Reds Wallabies getting a one week break between 21 weeks of Super Rugby and the Test season?

It's fair they got a week off, but that's different. Deans gave test caps out to players who shouldn't have been there full stop even with the Reds players resting due to selection. I don't want to get into this Deans argument as I have vehemently expressed my thoughts on this issue. However, I think PDV or any Tri Nations team for that matter has a right to rest players. I may not agree with it, but I do not think we should ask for compensation and demand an apology.

Status
Not open for further replies.