• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Player Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
15 James O’Connor 6.5
14 Lachlan Turner 6
13 Ryan Cross 4
12 Adam Ashley-Cooper 5
11 Peter Hynes 5
10 Matt Gitteau at 10 6 at 12 7
9 Luke Burgess 3

8 Richard Brown 2
7 George Smith [c] 5
6 Rocky Elsom 5
5 Mark Chisholm 7
4 James Horwill 4
3 Ben Alexander 6
2 Stephen Moore 6
1 Benn Robinson 7

16 Tatafu Polata-Nau 5
17 Al Baxter 10
18 Dean Mumm
19 David Pocock
20 Will Genia 6.75
21 Quade Cooper 9
22 Drew Mitchell 4

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Chisholm 5 - too many poor tactical lineout options in attack

I assume Turner gets a 6 because of his late try, but his earlier stuff up was very poor, I would give him 5 too

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
15 James O’Connor 5- still not convinced he has the maturity to make good decisions on kicking/passing
14 Lachlan Turner 6
13 Ryan Cross 2- very ordinary
12 Adam Ashley-Cooper 7- been impressive, grest leg drive after every contact, he is the only Wallabie that looks like he tries to keep making ground after the initial contact in a tackle.
11 Peter Hynes 5
10 Matt Gitteau at 10 4 at 12 7- I just dont think he is suited at 10 anymore
9 Luke Burgess 1- is this guy related to the selectors? he must be doing something off the field to get picked

8 Richard Brown 2
7 George Smith [c] 5
6 Rocky Elsom 5
5 Mark Chisholm 7
4 James Horwill 3
3 Ben Alexander 6
2 Stephen Moore 0- Hookers who cant throw a ball dont deserve a point
1 Benn Robinson 7

16 Tatafu Polata-Nau 0- Hookers who cant throw a ball dont deserve a point
17 Al Baxter
18 Dean Mumm
19 David Pocock
20 Will Genia 7.5- looked impressive at times, should be given a whole game to prove what he has got
21 Quade Cooper 9- if this guy gets a haircut he will be awesome! he has the sweetest pass on either side, needs to work on tackling but he is the only one capable of allowing an expansive game outside of opponants forwards
22 Drew Mitchell

cheezel

Bill Watson (15)
It's a sad day when Quade "The Pelican" Cooper is topping the list of best Wallaby players for a game. Was it that he played that well or the rest were that bad before he came on.

It's pointless rating these players at the moment as it only seems a few that are putting in. If it wasn't for Robinson, Ashley Cooper, Elsom and Smith we'd be getting pantsed by 50 each week.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
cheezel said:
It's a sad day when Quade "The Pelican" Cooper is topping the list of best Wallaby players for a game. Was it that he played that well or the rest were that bad before he came on.

when quade is good he is fucking awesome. that try was one of the best things i've seen in along while.
at the begining of the year his form was awesome but slipped ( i blame the reds and mooney). With the what he showed on the weekend he deserves a bench spot. dangerous player.
serectly he's one of my fav players in Australian rugby.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
cheezel said:

It's pointless rating these players at the moment as it only seems a few that are putting in. If it wasn't for Robinson, Ashley Cooper, Elsom and Smith we'd be getting pantsed by 50 each week.

Cooper screws up when he tries too hard to do everything.

A few times for the Wallabies he has done really well. To me, that is because he has more experienced/better units around him, to calm him down and have the talent to be in the hole.

The same with Beale who looked so much better for the Tahs when he had Tahu to put into holes, because Tahu could run the lines and Beale has the talent put the ball there for him.

cheezel

Bill Watson (15)
I'm a big Quade fan as well. But I know that for every good attacking play he does he'll let through 3-4 tackles and do some dancing with the ball to top it off.

It's just a bit weird that Giteau is playing so badly that people would rather see Quade starting at 10 in a tri-nations.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
All true points but our attack is so bad right now we need someone to play with flair and really take it to the def line.

remember campo made lots and lots of mistakes.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I guess the problem with Cooper is that he needs to learn that there is not a chance to score every time he touches the ball, and sometimes he has to take a tackle.

The forwards are too patient at times and just take phase after phase without any progress, we need to find the middle ground of trying to score and trying to be patient and we will be sweet.

Surely if Robbie is a great coach he can teach Cooper to be patient??? Isn't this what coaching is about?

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
Quade always plays better for Robbie for some reason...

Remember when he came back from the tour and looked shit hot for a few matches. Then, whatever Robbie did to him wore off and he became shite again.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Epi said:
Quade always plays better for Robbie for some reason...

Remember when he came back from the tour and looked shit hot for a few matches. Then, whatever Robbie did to him wore off and he became shite again.

i think it was the reds that did it. he could be amazing in the right super14 team

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I think it is Coopers brain that does it. Like fp says he plays better with better players around him because he doesn't try and do everything himself. When Mooney shifted him to 10 for the Reds game vs the Bulls last year, the Reds ran out winners by something like 39-12. He had players such as Barnes, Hynes and Latham outside him.

I think he will eventually learn this patience in attack for any team he plays for. What I still am not sure about him is his apparent fear of contact. He shies away from contact when he has the ball, and generally only goes half at tackles in defense.

If we had Coopers ability with Barnes' guts and determination we would have the makings of the best 10 in the world.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Scotty said:
I think it is Coopers brain that does it. Like fp says he plays better with better players around him because he doesn't try and do everything himself. When Mooney shifted him to 10 for the Reds game vs the Bulls last year, the Reds ran out winners by something like 39-12. He had players such as Barnes, Hynes and Latham outside him.

I think he will eventually learn this patience in attack for any team he plays for. What I still am not sure about him is his apparent fear of contact. He shies away from contact when he has the ball, and generally only goes half at tackles in defense.

If we had Coopers ability with Barnes' guts and determination we would have the makings of the best 10 in the world.

It is superstar schoolboys disease, they are used to scoring off every play and doing everything themselves.

So the come with talent, but lack the skills to build an attack.

They (Cooper and Beale) need to be shown old Cliff Lyons tapes to see how to build pressure. And the Wallaby runners need to re learn how to run into gaps

Scotty

David Codey (61)
With Giteau at 10 and our forwards getting pushed back, there isn't any gaps to run into. The attack has been very one dimensional as soon as it goes past 3 phases.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Can't see why Horwill is rated so low as he seemed to be the only tight forward (other than Robbo) who was hitting rucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.