• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Poll: Cooper at 10?

Who would you play at 10 next week?

• Cooper

Votes: 58 58.0%
  • Barnes

Votes: 42 42.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Cooper wasnt the only one giving up possession and Genia was quite poor as well. McCabe played bravely but leaving him on as long as we did almost certainly ended his cup and could easily have ended the wobs. Had Barnes been on earlier to take the tactical kicks i think it would have been better for us than what we gained from McCabes defence as it was obvious he was struggling early.

The whole team needs to start treasuring possession a shitload more. We are losing it all over the park. No 5+ phases should have alarms going off for every player in the team. How is changing your 10 going to fix this?

Completely agree. Our biggest problem was that we were putting in useless kicks constantly, rather than good kicks sporadically. Kicking straight to the Fullback is just stupid and Lambie counter-attacked brilliantly. Barnes' kicks were all thought out, making good ground without any mistakes. Whenever the Wallabies put phases together, they play at their best. The last 2 minutes against NZ in Honk Kong and the entire 1st half in Brisbane this year give credence to this statement. Quade needs to realise that with players like Ioane, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Beale and O'Connor that we can break through the defense as long as we show some patience. He doesn't need to go for the miracle play every minute. It's very disturbing how many times his passes have been intercepted in tests this year, and they've led to a complete loss of momentum on several occasions. Quade can stay, but he needs to slow down and think.

M

max11247

Keep Cooper at 10. Don't be afraid to replace him early if he ain't producing.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Patience really is the key there. Ive thought that at some stage during most of our tests so far. Quade is a big part of that but cant be solely to blame. Bealrs chips anyone?

More concerning for me is losing 5 throws on our lineout. It has also been poor all cup and i think Sharpe needs to be in next week to fix this. Give the AB 80% territory and 60% possesion and they'll beat us by 30 again.

W

Worldcupnut

Absolutely we have to keep Quade at 10. He's a truly, genuinely class player who will shine in an extraordinary way. It may not be this World Cup but....we have to overcome tremendous odds ( we is Wallabies BTW ) um.... er....it's a matter of trust. Quade is such a figure of revuslion withe NZ at the moment it'd be a shame to not take advantage of that in such a HUGE game.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I will eat my hat if Barnes starts at 10 next week... it would mean changing our entire game plan, and Deans didn't even start Barnes at 12 when given the chance.

Like it or not, Cooper is our guy, and despite his awful game this week he could just as easily have a blinder next week.

Half the problem there isn't a game plan and it is just play what is in front of you. Give QC (Quade Cooper) a bit of structure and he would be able to shine.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Absolutely we have to keep Quade at 10. He's a truly, genuinely class player who will shine in an extraordinary way. It may not be this World Cup but....we have to overcome tremendous odds ( we is Wallabies BTW ) um.... er....it's a matter of trust. Quade is such a figure of revuslion withe NZ at the moment it'd be a shame to not take advantage of that in such a HUGE game.

A class player is not someone who can do the magical things Cooper can. A class players is someone who can be depended on to do the little things right all the time: thats not QC (Quade Cooper) either. he can win you a game for sure but he sucks the structure out of a team making it difficult for those around him to make their fullest contributions, in part because there is just no telling what he will do next - good or bad.
I find it difficult to believe that the piggies, for instance, trust Cooper.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
A class player is not someone who can do the magical things Cooper can. A class players is someone who can be depended on to do the little things right all the time: thats not QC (Quade Cooper) either. he can win you a game for sure but he sucks the structure out of a team making it difficult for those around him to make their fullest contributions, in part because there is just no telling what he will do next - good or bad.
I find it difficult to believe that the piggies, for instance, trust Cooper.

The worst thing about the Wallabies at the moment is that the attack isn't working at all. We have absolutely no penetration, apart from on the counter. People have been blaming McCabe for that, but maybe it's just that Quade is in such bad form. I'd rather see Barnes at 10 next week. He doesn't have Quade's brilliance, but neither, currently, does Quade. I'm a huge Cooper fan, but the moment I think Barnes would set up our backs better.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Too risky, surely the bookies want their money back that they gave to Quade for fixing the result?

Oldpig

Stan Wickham (3)
Firstly, congrats to the Argentina. Making the AB's work for their win. Secondly, the better team lost today in regards to the Wobbilies v SA, Nuff said. So from my earlier post regarding whether QC (Quade Cooper) is a good or great player.........well after tonight's display I am happy to say as far as I'm concerned he is very ordinary and for what its worth he should be sitting on the bench next week. Playing him will only give the AB's a huge advantage because they know he is s@#$ and will target him for 80min. Barnes at 10, McCabe at 12 (if he is OK) or JOC (James O'Connor) and bring on LT on the wing.
Can we please stop thinking QC (Quade Cooper) is going to win us a WC. He won't and we need to move on.

M

max11247

that could make him play more desperately in the hope of producing

Quade is absolutely brilliant on his day. He is my pick to start in the 10 jersey. However, when things aren't going well, Quade isn't the guy to have leading the team around the park. It seems Quade becomes increasingly desperate if things don't go his way.

If Quade isn't the guy to come up with Plan B, we need to put someone in that can change things around...and I would rather do it earlier than waiting for Quade to turn it around.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
can you get me some of what your on?

YouTube? sure! its free!

If it were up to me, Barnes would have been starting 10 all RWC. Thats what the question was. Quade will start at 10 next week, and attack the way he did against the Boks in Sydney, and defend the way he did against USA in Wellington.

But you cant have some of what I am on ;)

P

pete88

Keep Cooper at 10. Don't be afraid to replace him early if he ain't producing.

Good shout from the new guy. Quade could blow the ABs away if he gets it right, if not and we haven't had injuries, Barnes is the go.

Given injuries, specifically Beale's, it might actually result in some switching around and QC (Quade Cooper) going to fullback with 30 to go, I wouldn't mind that.

C

chats

it's a shame burgess hasn't had many minutes this tournament, because genia has been playing awful. He's meant to be the super rugby player of the year, but he's been absolute shite lately.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Good shout from the new guy. Quade could blow the ABs away if he gets it right, if not and we haven't had injuries, Barnes is the go.

Given injuries, specifically Beale's, it might actually result in some switching around and QC (Quade Cooper) going to fullback with 30 to go, I wouldn't mind that.

Given his acumen at returning kicks, I'd keep him well away from FB. You must have a better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.