• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Predictions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Lehman: sacked and 3 year ban from all forms of cricket.
Steve Smith: 3 year ban.
David Warner: 1 year ban.
Cameron Bancroft: 1 year ban. Precious little in the way of possible future endorsements involving sticky tape. However, potential opportunities as TV infomercial spokesman for benefits of elastic-waisted tracksuit trousers.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I predict it is going to be another painful season for oz sides against nz sides...or isn’t this now starting to be a simple accepted fact by many oz rugby supporters than a prediction!

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
this week:
Tahs to defeat Reds
Rebels to defeat Jaguares
Brumbies to lose to Highlanders
Reds Loss
Sunwolves lose to Blues
Aust conference ladder
Rebels
tahs
Reds
Brumbies
Sunwolves
Sharkes and Bulls only non NZ teams to defeat a NZ team so far this year - interesting
Lions on top of ladder, but could not defeat NZ Blues - also interesting

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
After 2 rounds involving Aus conference sides, I have seen enough to tip the Rebels to top the conference (they are coming together much quicker than I had thought likely, and Wessels is still looking like a very good coach); the Tahs to be runner up (if they can get a decent scrum together); the Brumbies in third just ahead of the Reds (Brumbies have been unimpressive in two outings but they were hit with an unfavourable draw v the Reds - 6 day turnaround from the earlier match in Japan and then away to the Reds); and Sunwolves to finish at the bottom while being mostly competitive at home but probably not quite there in away games.

Hmmm. Same Lindo, but unlike you I am not at all confident now that the Rebels will top the conference. Third place behind the Tahs and then the Brumbies might be more realistic. Will know more about the Brumbies' chances after this weekend.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Hmmm. Same Lindo, but unlike you I am not at all confident now that the Rebels will top the conference. Third place behind the Tahs and then the Brumbies might be more realistic. Will know more about the Brumbies' chances after this weekend.

It's a salient point that people's predictions are swinging quite a lot week to week. All the Aus teams are showing some frailties, and inconsistencies.
For the life of me I can't really get a good feel for which is better. Or will be. If the Reds can start scoring points, their set pieces and defence will stand them in good stead - currently holding pattern. The Brumbies - a little similar, but they showed us on the weekend they can score tries - currently on the rise. The Rebels have worryingly leaked >50 twice and faded badly in those games, but can score tries and have some real depth - currently a little wobbly, but still front-running! The Waratahs can score points, but nothing is showing me any steady lift in defence, although set piece is surprisingly steady - currently 2017 but a little better. NZ mountains largely yet to be climbed.
Gut feel is Rebels and Brumbies will be the best 2.
I'm sure I'll be way wrong somehow and plenty will be happy to point out my errors!

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
My prediction Tahs offload useless tool of a coach called Daryl Gibson at end of the season by not renewing his contract.

And if this prediction does not hold true - my prediction is Tahs continue to be average and mid table in Super Rugby and crowds continue to diminish.....

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Reds to be mauled by Lions
Brumbies to be slaughtered by Crusaders
Stormers overpower Rebels
Tahs survive bye, actually Tahs draw with bye

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
That Ireland will win the first test in the last 3 minutes by 2 points because they are awarded a penalty try as a result of a high tackle by Beale on the Irish O/C.
It will be highly disputed as it was 10 metres from the try line with Wallaby cover defense a 50/50% chance of preventing a try from being scored.
Cheika is so incensed that he breaks another window in the coaches box.

Status
Not open for further replies.