• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Predictions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Australian Pool

1, Tah's
2, Rebels
3, Brumbies
4, Sunwolves
5, Reds

Reds to only win 3 games this year, both the Tahs games and they will beat the Chiefs.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
So my prediction is we see an amazing 100% improvement on our win rate against NZ super rugby sides this season...ie we at least win 1 Super Rugby game against NZ sides.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
After 2 rounds involving Aus conference sides, I have seen enough to tip the Rebels to top the conference (they are coming together much quicker than I had thought likely, and Wessels is still looking like a very good coach); the Tahs to be runner up (if they can get a decent scrum together); the Brumbies in third just ahead of the Reds (Brumbies have been unimpressive in two outings but they were hit with an unfavourable draw v the Reds - 6 day turnaround from the earlier match in Japan and then away to the Reds); and Sunwolves to finish at the bottom while being mostly competitive at home but probably not quite there in away games.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
After 2 rounds involving Aus conference sides, I have seen enough to tip the Rebels to top the conference (they are coming together much quicker than I had thought likely, and Wessels is still looking like a very good coach); the Tahs to be runner up (if they can get a decent scrum together); the Brumbies in third just ahead of the Reds (Brumbies have been unimpressive in two outings but they were hit with an unfavourable draw v the Reds - 6 day turnaround from the earlier match in Japan and then away to the Reds); and Sunwolves to finish at the bottom while being mostly competitive at home but probably not quite there in away games.
Well I agree with your comments re the Rebels, but the Tahs can still be hot and cold and I'm not sure why, so they are unreliable, the Brumbies are having a soft start and the Reds have gone from no hope to wow in one week, so I put Rebels in front, Tahs (if they can hold their shit together) , Reds then Brumbies - but what of Sunwolves ? still no elusive win, but they are playing well - they could sneak into fourth place (IMO)

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Lou, that would leave the Brumbies in last place by your reckoning. I really don't see that happening despite their continuing woes in attack. Defense will either get them over the line in some close games or provide a few bonus points along the way. Of course, if by some coaching magic, or some inspired selections, they get their attacking shit together, they could still run the Rebels close for the top spot.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Lou, that would leave the Brumbies in last place by your reckoning. I really don't see that happening despite their continuing woes in attack. Defense will either get them over the line in some close games or provide a few bonus points along the way. Of course, if by some coaching magic, or some inspired selections, they get their attacking shit together, they could still run the Rebels close for the top spot.

I can see that now, and I don't think they will be bottom at all. I had pegged Brumbies as leader for the Aust conference originally, but their last two shows have not given me confidence. Having said that, we wont really know until six or seven weeks into the season when we all start hitting the NZ conference. Good luck to the Brumbies - but not too much luck this week

half

Alan Cameron (40)
People will still argue for the status que and if they come across uncomfortable articles or posts will attack the message-er not discuss the issue.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
People will still argue for the status que and if they come across uncomfortable articles or posts will attack the message-er not discuss the issue.

WHAT!!! You're crazy!* Everything is fine just the way it is! Except for gun laws, I need guns to keep me safe. (Despite all evidence to the contrary)

*please note this post is an attempt at humour.

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
Fixed...
1. Rebels
2. Tahs Reds
3. Brumbies
4. Reds Tahs
5. Sunwolves
probably have to agree with you since I can't see the Sunwolves winning more than three overall. They are on a hiding to nothing travel wise which has to impact their strength and conditioning in training. Although, they have played much better than expected so far.
Meanwhile, I don't rank the Tahs too highly especially against NZ teams, they have already lost (or not won) two games out of three v SA with a block of Aussie games home and away I really think they will struggle against the highly charged Rebels this week and that will begin the rot, then a bank of NZ games, I reckon 5 losses on the trot starting with the Lions cant be good for the soul.
Reds look to have a few losses on the trot coming their way now, with two away games taking their toll before taking on NZ Chiefs at home which may be a win and the start of more good things
Brumbies have a mixed season and might swing a trifecta of wins starting this week which would set them up for a while.
Rebels - all new forwards make a massive difference. Mid field players unchanged but under direction of new coach playing superbly. Backs mixed, old and new, all playing with cohesion dominated by Genia's brilliance. No stopping them. I can't praise them enough, but then I'm Victorian through and through

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I wonder if it's too soon to predict the Aussie sides to finish mainly in front of the SA conference? Tahs have beaten the Stormers and drawn with the Sharks; Reds have beaten the Bulls; Brumbies have beaten the Sharks and the Rebels have beaten two of the other three Aus sides.

Things might look dismal for the Wallabies, but the Saffas look to have some dire times in front of them.

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
This week s predictions:
Tahs go down to Brumbies but no BP
Rebels defeat Sharks
Stormers defeat Reds
Sunwolves smashed by Chiefs
so, standings:
Rebels
Reds
Brumbies
Tahs