• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Private Fantasies for RWC 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Interesting that so many are saying Horwill is a lineout saviour. Can I ask who is calling the lineouts for the Reds? I know the answer and it isn't Horwill. He is a very good lock but I don't know about him as head of the lineout. Sharpe is the best in Oz by a long way. As unpopular as it may be Mumm is probably second in this regard (but that would be it on his current form).

Sharpie is the lineout general, Horwill is the rock shifter in my view. But Kev is also a decent option in the lineout. I did watch who was doing the calling on the weekend for the Reds and it was Simmons. He's fairly handy too.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
For starters, I'd be saying the same thing about Quade if he were playing for any of the Aussie teams.

Quade Cooper is in a league of his own at the moment.

I also wish to have Berrick Barnes back at full health and playing inside center.

Quade's tackling isn't that bad...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
When Horwill and Chishom were the locks for the Wallabies in '09 the scrum was at it's best but the lineout was awful...

Neither are lineout callers, yet Chisholm got the nod over Horwill...

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
When Horwill and Chishom were the locks for the Wallabies in '09 the scrum was at it's best but the lineout was awful...

Neither are lineout callers, yet Chisholm got the nod over Horwill...

Yep, either a good scrum or lineout. I know which I'd want. The one that gives away penalties of course and not possession. Vickerman's the whole package.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The problem with a weak lineout is the opposition just kicks the ball out...

The force got the Brumbies good with that on the weekend...

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Sharpe cannot be our most important player when he cannot scrummage.
Vickerman (the saviour Mark X to the power of n) was a senior part of the forward pack that got reamed by England in 2007, and not just in the scrum, the lineout and general play around the park to top it off. Don't forget he was there again as a senior forward for a couple of shameful defeats at the Tahs. Forgive me if I left my rose coloured glasses somewhere, but he just wasn't as good as some remember him. Sharpe has had his issues and they have all generally come when he has been played out of position.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well for everything you've said about Vickerman applies to Sharpe. I figure redemption is a main contributor for him coming back also? What form he'll be in when he comes back if anyone's guess but when he left in 2008 imo he was the best lock in Australia by far. He was the main reason the Tahs went to the GF and incidentally lost it when he went off injured with Beale.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
David Pocock is the most important player for the Wallabies no other Aussie is even close to Pocock.

If he's not there don't bother turning up against the All Blacks.

Ham

Sydney Middleton (9)
Private fantasies? Doesn't anyone want to captain the Wallabies and score the winning try in the final?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Private fantasies? Doesn't anyone want to captain the Wallabies and score the winning try in the final?

Ham, I did have that fantasy, but like a few others, it was just toooo private to share, at least to start the thread.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Sharpe cannot be our most important player when he cannot scrummage.

Sharpe is an acceptable loose head lock, just not a tight head lock. It's a different position. Quade Cooper's not a tight head lock either, and we don't hold it against him.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Mortlock back in form would bf brilliant. Mainly because who else can stop sbw. Morty smashed him once let's hope he can do it again. Do the rebels play crusaders this year?

Go the force!!!!

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
my secret fantasy is with 20 mins to go in the final after a few injuries we need another player and robbie deans looks high into the crowd, points his finger and says "you"
i lace up, take the field- steal an intercept and win the game...
well- u asked for fantasies...

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I was going to say a scummaging THL - but Qwerty kind of beat me to it. biggest struggle for every australian franchise.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I'll save you the build up to my RWC fantasy, but it involves Australia doing the Azzurri 50-47 in the final, with a scrum PT based on our dominance

Status
Not open for further replies.