• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Pumas vs Wallabies, 25th July 2015, Mendoza

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Kurtley Beale first two impacts of the game positive = two try assist.
1. To put Foley through for Kuridrani try
2. Back up Folau and slick pass to AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

Selections for the bench will be hot

My thoughts on Beale are that he isn't the best option in any particular position, but he is the best option to cover a range of positions. I'd start Mitchell before KB (Kurtley Beale) but I'd have KB (Kurtley Beale) on the bench before Mitchell.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
The stats will show that we missed plenty of tackles but we made many more that were telling. Nullifying the Pumas any opportunity to get their rolling maul going inside our 22 and keeping them tryless on their home turf at least two of the positives.

We have more depth than at any time in recent memory and the competition for bench spots is healthy.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Argies never even looked like scoring a try

Pocock a fairly easy MOTM for me. 100 mph from 0-80

Great try from Dean "What Are You My" Mumm.

Fairly shonky stuff from the wobblies till the last 10 mins though

Transcript of Coaching Box Audio.
Subject: Michael Chieka [mins 0-70]
(slight redactions for foul language)

chieka_zpsvqqfad7c.jpg

redactions_zpsqku6jrhr.jpg

T

Train Without a Station

I love Kafe's comment that Cooper's game management needs some work. It may in fact need some work (needs quite a lot right now actually) but we certainly didn't see any of that tonight, as he was playing 12.

BabyBlueElephant

Darby Loudon (17)
Great start to a Sunday, Wallabies looking better with each game going on. Next week will be interesting, Aus and NZ are pushing away from teams in the final quarter, wonder who will pip it if it's tight next week.

If Cooper goes Toulon after all maybe the ARU can ask Wilko to come down south. Foley needs to spend the next week kicking at goals all day every day.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
He wasn't in TK's try .. it was hooper to Foley to TK.. I believe

No it was Hooper to Beale to Foley I believe. Beale positioned himself twice and gave 2 good offloads which led to tries. Give credit where credit is due.

He was never tested on defence though. Lucky for us.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Goal kicking is our biggest concern. Some really poor kicks by Foley missing by a large distance.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Good win by the Wallabies in anyone's language - Argentina are now a genuine top tier rugby nation and are hard to beat at home. We really had to work hard to get over them and they defended very well. I like the way that Argentina have moved from having a forwards dominated 10 man game to a genuine 15 man approach. They tend to push the pass and we were able to exert pressure there and they never really looked like scoring.

A pity that To'omua had to go off early as the Cooper/Beale bench didn't really have a player to cover what To'omua brings.

Good hard win and I like the way we finished over them with late tries.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Scrum and goal kicking to cost oz in Europe. Nothing changes

Tatafu Polota-Nau is he key to this World Cup to get out of the pool. England and Welsh L/O are not all that flash especially England who don't play Vunipola as a jumping option, Haskell is somewhat a make-shift jumper.
Outside that against the Boks, Irish, French and Blacks our line out must function. However in our pool games if our scrum is unsteady that's 3 points every time inside 50

Goal-kicking is a real toss of the coin. Chris Malone is the kicking coach who has just recently joined the squad however our best option hasn't really stood out. IMO in big games Giteau and Foley have been very solid with KB (Kurtley Beale) as a long range option. I think that could be the way to go.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
The scrum is still our Achilles heel. Yet we have had a second half revival in each of our previous tests. Is James Slipper fit?

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Argie fans must be pretty worries by the direction their team is heading. No tries today, and never really looked like it once the defensive line was set. Just the rolling mauls last week. At times their scrum hasn't stood up to NZ or Australia.

Got some players to come back but they have heaps of work to do. Georgia might fancy their chances

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Slipper is still our best Loosehead, but is clearly struggling with injury.

It's a hard one because you want him 100% for the WC, but at the same time I don't think Sio is good enough to start against the All Blacks.

Sio has been solid don't get me wrong, but starting against the All Blacks, I'd have a lot more confidence in Slipper.

Status
Not open for further replies.