• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Pumas vs Wallabies, 25th July 2015, Mendoza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Skelton underperformed or at least the Boks had his measure. All teams will target the big bloke and negate his size, He is a shit scrummager.

Would rather see a workhorse who can scrum and fuck me, even jump in a lineout (as locks are expected to do). I am starting to take the view that his weaknesses outweigh his strengths.

Hopefully TPN gets some reasonable time this week.

The Pumas will be tough at home. We NEED to pick our best team, once again but imterchange blokes even earlier than last week, depending on the game. Would like to see Sio and Holmes get on at half time or even before (at say 30).

There were sime moments against the Boks in which the backs fucked up some tries. This week the team will really gel.

Wallabies by 20

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
What is the story of everyone dropping Fardy? One game where things werent going his way and now he is out of the 23? He had the second most ruck involvements, most line out takes of the round and if I remember correctly he also snatched one steal.
I know he did not rack up huge stats but he is more use in defence than attack and we had the posession so that explains some of his bad stats.

And the only player to make a large number of defensive rucks. Who does the hard stuff if he's not there? The breakdoen was a very poor area last week and we need both Pocock and Fardy to make it work better.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
It's gotta be either

Fardy/Hooper
Pocock/Hooper
McMahon/Pocock

Absolute rubbish @Qwerty. Fardy at 6 and Pocock at 8 is a far better combination than Pocock at 6 and McCalman at 8. If Fardy isn't there, we will be smashed at the breakdown again with virtually no involvement at defensive rucks. Fardy and Pocock together is essential. Not so sure about Hooper, but let it run and see how it goes. My preference is for Pocock to start at 7 and Hooper on the bench.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
I'm no advocate for Beale at 10 but he has been about as successful there in gold as any of the other options we've got besides Cooper.

FH lost v South Africa Pretoria 29-Sep-12
FH won v Argentina Rosario 6-Oct-12
FH draw v New Zealand Brisbane 20-Oct-12
FH lost v France Stade de France 10-Nov-12
FH won v England Twickenham 17-Nov-12
FH won v Italy Firenze 24-Nov-12
FH won v Wales Millennium Stadium 1-Dec-12
FH draw v New Zealand Sydney 16-Aug-14
FH lost v New Zealand Auckland 23-Aug-14

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
IIRC the last time that the Wobs played in Argentina created the Beale/Link/Patson episode:eek:

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Absolute rubbish @Qwerty. Fardy at 6 and Pocock at 8 is a far better combination than Pocock at 6 and McCalman at 8. If Fardy isn't there, we will be smashed at the breakdown again with virtually no involvement at defensive rucks. Fardy and Pocock together is essential. Not so sure about Hooper, but let it run and see how it goes. My preference is for Pocock to start at 7 and Hooper on the bench.

It's entirely workable depending on who the other loosie is, and to a lesser extent the locks, but that's probably taking it a bit far.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Phipps was good in the last game but I have grave fears of he gets injured. As a Reds fan I think Genia's been poor for a while now and is a fraction of what he once was. I have no faith in White to perform well either. Phipps seems to be the halfback with the most ability to deliver accurate pill from the deck, which is what we need above all else from a 9. I can take a 9 with a lesser kicking game if he can get ball to a fly half with a good one (not that I think White or Genia have particularly impressive kicking games)

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
You can't play Fardy and Pocock, both don't offer enough ball carrying.

Disagree, Pocock actually carried really well in his cameo. A cameo I might add that has demanded his inclusion. Hooper was equally as impressive in defence and with ball in hand. I would say pocock 8 and Hooper 7 is a lock in for this week and ill back it to work. I think fardy did enough to get another shot as the 6 but I wouldnt be displeased to see mcmahon given a go. Fardy seemed to be the go to lineout man in the first half which worked well.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Disagree, Pocock actually carried really well in his cameo. A cameo I might add that has demanded his inclusion. Hooper was equally as impressive in defence and with ball in hand. I would say pocock 8 and Hooper 7 is a lock in for this week and ill back it to work. I think fardy did enough to get another shot as the 6 but I wouldnt be displeased to see mcmahon given a go. Fardy seemed to be the go to lineout man in the first half which worked well.

Doesn't Pocock at 8 with Hooper at 7 give the Argies a massive set piece advantage at the scrum? Penalties galore

Status
Not open for further replies.