• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QF1 2012 - Reds vs Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Refs are only humans and make mistakes, the players are professional and should adobt to the refs ruling on the day in the best possible way.

I distinctly remember the opposite being thrown around by the Bok supporters during the 2011 Quarter Final match.

I'm yet to see a Reds supporter say that the Sharks didn't deserve to win, it's more the quality of reffing that irks everyone the most.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Losing teams will always moan about the ref and focus on their side of the coin. Only natural. We all do it.

Kaplan should move on to the referee retirement home and the very first thing he should do upon arrival is to find Bryce Lawrence and farque-slap him like a bitch.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Cant be easy for you. Look at it this way, even if Father Xmast was the ref on saturday, there is no way the Reds would have won this match. The Sharks outplayed them in every possible way on the day.

Refs are only humans and make mistakes, the players are professional and should adobt to the refs ruling on the day in the best possible way.

Sharks were very good and deserved to win.
Reds were good for all but the first 25 minutes.
Kaplan was good for the first 30 minutes, and pretty poor for the remainder.

The Reds didn't play great, and are now out of the competition. Kaplan was even worse, and I fully expect him to keep his esteemed position, undeservedly.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Sharks were very good and deserved to win.
Reds were good for all but the first 25 minutes.
Kaplan was good for the first 30 minutes, and pretty poor for the remainder.

The Reds didn't play great, and are now out of the competition. Kaplan was even worse, and I fully expect him to keep his esteemed position, undeservedly.
No nothing about the Sharks were by far the better team on the day?

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Cant be easy for you. Look at it this way, even if Father Xmast was the ref on saturday, there is no way the Reds would have won this match. The Sharks outplayed them in every possible way on the day.

Not once did i say or even imply that the Reds would have won without Kaplan. Guess its easy for you to read what you want in other peoples posts and not whats there. It was a shit reffing effort, did it effect the outcome - no, did it spoil the game - yes.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
No nothing about the Sharks were by far the better team on the day?

They were Paarl and I think many have acknowledged that. That is not to say the reffing wasn't awful though. Win, lose or draw the game of rugby deserves better from our officials who are also proffessionals and should be held accountable for their performances.

It hurts that little exra when it is your team is on the wrong side of a bad ref but I think in general, fans passionate about their rugby just ask for a consistant standard in the interest of the game. The Standard is just below par this year.

Your Stormers are only two games away from potentially winning the comp. From one passionate fan to another, I hope they do not fall victim to bad refering and they either win it or fall short on the merrits of the rugby they play rather than the competence of the refereee.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
They were Paarl and I think many have acknowledged that. That is not to say the reffing wasn't awful though. Win, lose or draw the game of rugby deserves better from our officials who are also proffessionals and should be held accountable for their performances.

It hurts that little exra when it is your team is on the wrong side of a bad ref but I think in general, fans passionate about their rugby just ask for a consistant standard in the interest of the game. The Standard is just below par this year.

Your Stormers are only two games away from potentially winning the comp. From one passionate fan to another, I hope they do not fall victim to bad refering and they either win it or fall short on the merrits of the rugby they play rather than the competence of the refereee.
Well they will have to play well to beat the Sharks. I promise you I wont blame the ref if we lose. That just sound like sour grapes and a sad tosser loser. I 'll take it on the chin and move on. Blaming the ref is just not on, its depressing to read all this ref bashing and moaning and groaning from pundits. Its actually sad to see this and it happen week after week after week from the same old same. many watch the ref performance iso the actual rugby.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Does not bother me, never seen him favour one team over another, did not think he was that bad over the weekend anyways.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Time to let this one go guys. Nothing new has come to light in quite a few pages.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Well they will have to play well to beat the Sharks. I promise you I wont blame the ref if we lose. That just sound like sour grapes and a sad tosser loser. I 'll take it on the chin and move on. Blaming the ref is just not on, its depressing to read all this ref bashing and moaning and groaning from pundits. Its actually sad to see this and it happen week after week after week from the same old same. many watch the ref performance iso the actual rugby.

There has been a bit of ref bashing but the vast majority of posters are simultaneously saying that the better team won. Not too sure how you've managed to miss all of these posts.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
There has been a bit of ref bashing but the vast majority of posters are simultaneously saying that the better team won. Not too sure how you've managed to miss all of these posts.
Havent missed it, its like trying to find excuses for the loss.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Most people are happy to admit that the Reds would have lost anyway? Look back, it's all here. What more would you like - people to prostrate themselves and make a blood sacrifice to the unstoppable gods from Natal?

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Guys - when a mod asks you to let it go, and move on he's not doing it for the fun. Sully has done this twice now. Anyone else wants to keep this shit going can have some points as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.