• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I saw he had been starting a few premier grade games at prop, and think that experience would have him in good sted to play qld 19s there

Played Aus Schools at #2 too. Postal played Aus schools A in the very same year so not surprised both are stepping up in Colts, either would be a good choice. I wonder how Dylan Sikimenti is going, haven't heard word of where he is playing.

Anyone know what happened to Scott Malolua?

Also is Browning eligible for QLD 19's?

Passive Observer

Bob McCowan (2)
From the games I have seen, all the boys mentioned to date are worthy of recognition. My comments may seem bias but I guess they are reflective of the fact that I only get out to Crosby Rd to watch the Brothers games. For me, I'd have to say Brothers Colts front row have been dominant in set pieces so the likes of Postal & Maloney must come into consideration as well as Cook. Hyne at #6 is probably one of the best line out jumpers I have seen in Colts & for that reason on top of his work ethic gets my vote. James has vision & a great running game but I understand Greene is also playing well. Hartley I think it is at 12 for Brothers & Thompson at 9 are also worthy of mention & I'm surprised their names haven't been mentioned previously - both great competitors. As a spectator, it's just good to see so much talent coming through.

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
Played Aus Schools at #2 too. Postal played Aus schools A in the very same year so not surprised both are stepping up in Colts, either would be a good choice. I wonder how Dylan Sikimenti is going, haven't heard word of where he is playing.

Anyone know what happened to Scott Malolua?

Also is Browning eligible for QLD 19's?

Malolua has been playing reserve grade at gps. Played Samoan 20s this year.

Browning is 20 is year

Tight loose

Bob McCowan (2)
Some names to consider.....please add if I missed anyone.....

Props. Maloney (brothers) kaituu (Souths) Newell (sBank) Pleash (Uni)
Hookers. Postal ( brothers) Ritchie (Norths)
Locks . Pottgeiter (Uni) Payne (brothers) Walls (Uni) rangy bloke from GC, Perez (Norths)
6s Hyne (brothers) korzyck (Uni) Crookes (Souths)
7s Mitchell (Uni) Gunn (Easts) mahina (sBank)
8s Cornelson (Uni) bunting (GC)
Halfback. Gale (Uni) Deck (Easts) is Meehan too old?
Fly half Greene (Wests) dalgleish (Uni) James (brothers) McIntyre (sBank)
Centres. Beveridge (brothers) Aumua (GPS) Gordon (Souths) evalu (Souths) Webster (Norths)
Wing. Sefton (Souths) Kalell (Uni) Davies (GPS)
Fullbacks. Banks (Uni) placid (Easts) Taulagi (Uni) age?

Just some I could think of.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Malolua has been playing reserve grade at gps. Played Samoan 20s this year.

:eek: odd. Thought he was by far QLD's best schoolboy halfback in his year. Very talented but if my memory serves me correct he did only come to Australia in his final year of schooling.

I see we also lost Dan Preen (IGS & Aus Schools) to AFL. Tall timber in the line-outs.

insider18

Stan Wickham (3)
prediction at a side

1-Kaituu- souths
2-postal-brothers
3- Maloney- brothers
4-Potgieter- uq
5-korcyk- uq
6-Hyne-brothers
7-mitchell-uq
8-Cornelson-uq
9- deck-easts
10- greene-wests
11-Sefton-souths
12-dalgliesh- uq
13- evalu-souths
14- banks-uq
15-placid-easts

16- Tarr-souths
17-ritchie-norths
18-Pleashe-uq
19-henaway-souths
20-gunn-easts
21-gale-uq
22-James-brothers
23-gordon-souths

anyone agree with this and if not what changes. could have missed a few by slip of mind but this seems like a fairly strong team

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
I wonder how Dylan Sikimenti is going, haven't heard word of where he is playing.

Dylan is with GPS Premier Colts in the front row. He did something to one of his knees. Which seems to be an issue for him as he had already had surgery on the other knee previously. He was pretty consistent and earned time off the bench in a strong Premier Grade side on a few occasions.

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
:eek: odd. Thought he was by far QLD's best schoolboy halfback in his year. Very talented but if my memory serves me correct he did only come to Australia in his final year of schooling.

Scotty is 20 this year. Can confirm on his arrival to Australia also. He never really had much time at GPS this season until after U20 comp. With training for Samoa U20 taking place in Samoa and NZ before heading off to france. Sam Grasso, who came from brothers during preseason, took full advantage of Scotty's absence from the side and it's been tough for Malolua to work his way back into the top side despite very strong performances in First Grade.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think they will find a place for McIntyer in the squad. He has been in good form and was Musashi player of the week in the game against Souths last weekend.

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
prediction at a side

1-Kaituu- souths
2-postal-brothers
3- Maloney- brothers
4-Potgieter- uq
5-korcyk- uq
6-Hyne-brothers
7-mitchell-uq
8-Cornelson-uq
9- deck-easts
10- greene-wests
11-Sefton-souths
12-dalgliesh- uq
13- evalu-souths
14- banks-uq
15-placid-easts

16- Tarr-souths
17-ritchie-norths
18-Pleashe-uq
19-henaway-souths
20-gunn-easts
21-gale-uq
22-James-brothers
23-gordon-souths

anyone agree with this and if not what changes. could have missed a few by slip of mind but this seems like a fairly strong team
Anyone got a background on Henaway and Ritchie? Only 2 I haven't heard much of

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
prediction at a side

1-Kaituu- souths
2-postal-brothers
3- Maloney- brothers
4-Potgieter- uq
5-korcyk- uq
6-Hyne-brothers
7-mitchell-uq
8-Cornelson-uq
9- deck-easts
10- greene-wests
11-Sefton-souths
12-dalgliesh- uq
13- evalu-souths
14- banks-uq
15-placid-easts

16- Tarr-souths
17-ritchie-norths
18-Pleashe-uq
19-henaway-souths
20-gunn-easts
21-gale-uq
22-James-brothers
23-gordon-souths

Insider - looks pretty solid! I'd have a few changes to the backrow/ lock configuration.

Hyne in the 2nd row & drop out Potgeiter
Crookes (Souths) @ #6
Mitchell @ #8
Gunn @ #7
Oppenheimer (Souths) - bench backrow

Pretty certain Pleashe has only played 2-3 games this year due to injury? Also heard he was reinjured?

Cook from Brothers has been a solid contributor?

Dyson

Peter Burge (5)
Joey Wrampling (lock) and Jake Newell (prop) from sunnybank should be in the mix. They have both played prems & 1st grade this year and not looked out of place. Also Darcy Eason from the gold coast has played well all year and can play anywhere in the back line.

Tight loose

Bob McCowan (2)
Brothers beat Uni in a very entertaining game. Uni bombed 3 tries on the line! I think score was 19 to 15 but Uni was winning with 5 mins to go. Beveridge was outstanding for brothers at 12 and Bergan at 7 for Uni had a cracker. Bring on next week and hopefully both teams have all players back (both Brothers wingers looked badly hurt)

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
So 1st (Brothers) nudged out 2nd (Uni) & 3rd (Gold Coast) stole it after the buzzer to beat 4th (Souths)

Both games will be repeated this weekend in the first week of finals.

Any predictions or mail on these sides?

The Oldest Rat

Peter Burge (5)
Watched Easts V Wests at Sylvan Road, mainly to see how the HBs matched up. The captain of Wests was playing in his preferred position at HB and proved to be better than Deck and the other guy who replace him.

Wests put up a fight, but like all year they were just overrun. Easts look like they are a very good side and they had too much fire power out wide for Wests.

It has been a tough year for Wests, not winning a single game, however most of the side will be still eligible for Colts next season and if they stick to the club, with some heavy recruiting, they will be a far better side next season. The boys that played and stuck it out will be soo much tougher next season.

PlayedinHeaven

Allen Oxlade (6)
Watched Easts V Wests at Sylvan Road, mainly to see how the HBs matched up. The captain of Wests was playing in his preferred position at HB and proved to be better than Deck and the other guy who replace him. quote]

Oldest Rat, The Wests halfback that we all hear so much about and who is better then everybody else wouldn't happen to be a relative of yours would he?????

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
1 (Brothers) v 2 (Uni) & 3 (Gold Coast) v 4 (Souths) is a rematch of last weekends final round.

I'll tip a reversal of results with Uni & Souths to take the chocolates. Both have superior forward packs & should set the platform.

Punters - Tip & why?

Tight loose

Bob McCowan (2)
Uni beat brothers in another close and exciting game 23 to 19 (or something like that) Gold Coast beat Souths not sure of score.

GF will be Uni vs winner of GC and Brothers.

Brothers worthy of being in GF and they will have Ben Hyne back now Prems are out.

Status
Not open for further replies.