• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Qld Uni to bounce back and show their southern cousins who has the most efficient recruitment mechanisms in place. And that's not even at full strength.
The heat will be the only brake on the score....

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Sorry that was a typo.
Should have been:
Bond uni to teach their northern neighbors how recruitment is done.
Thats better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Sorry that was a typo.
Should have been:
Thats better.

Yeah yeah, watch that sitting on the fence, you could tear a good pair of pants.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Tips for Round 4:
Easts by 10 versus Norths
Brothers by 40 versus GPS
Souths by 1 versus Bye
Bond by 7 versus Sunnybank
UQ by 30 versus Wests

Any objections?

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
4 out of 4 Refabit, although the margins were a little out.

Shows the closeness of the competition and I think there will be a number of upsets going forward.

For this week:

Bond by 20 (v GPS)
Brothers by 10 (v South's)
UNI by 10 (v East's, depending on who UNI actually have playing)
Bank by 10 (v West's)

Predict a fairly close affair all-round.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Comment on the week 3 Brother's v Bank game (was away last 15 days).

Fairly close affair in the first half, with the Bank dominating the scrum to a degree. From memory (this will be hard) it was 17-12 in favour of Brothers at half time. The second half was dominated by Brother's as the big Bank front row started to get tired. Fitness was their (Banks) biggest weakness.

The reintroduction of Liam Richman (#10 Brothers), after a lengthy layoff from injury, was the spark that ignited the backline. It also gave the forwards the go forward that the game required.

Overall a very positive team performance, one that required some perseverance initially but then the bows broke for the Bank.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Looking forward to Bond hosting Brothers. Should be a cracker, both are undefeated and should still be when they meet in round 7.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Has anyone taken a look at the Sydney Premier Colts forum lately?

WOW it's one big argument over the Players Points System they have in place there. It's a system that allocates points for a players experience and representative honours for last years schoolboys (last years Rock Stars as they call them) or continuing players. Whilst they have 3 times the conversations of QLD Premier Colts, it appears that most of it is over this controversial system.

Initially I thought this type of system would be great for Qld, but not so now. Besides I think the talent here in Qld has been fairly evenly spread for this years Colt team. Great for Qld Rugby IMO, as a closer competition will make both the average and good player's better.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Refabit said:

Sorry that was a typo.
Should have been:
Thats better.

Too funny Refabit.... I think this shows that it's not going to be a season where you can just say....."yeahhh UNI will win.....or it's GPS they'll lose for sure!" Too close to call all-round for mine.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
I haven't written them off at all NR_Brissy... I know the one's your talking about and agree whole-heartedly. Just hoping we get the "rusty" performance first-up and squeak home. Home advantage as well in my 10 point prediction.

Brothers are gathering some injuries so should be close.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
I haven't written them off at all NR_Brissy. I know the one's your talking about and agree whole-heartedly. Just hoping we get the "rusty" performance first-up and squeak home. Home advantage as well in my 10 point prediction.

Brothers are gathering some injuries so should be close.
Mosely and Ngamanu should be back from under 20's, so yeah should not be taken lightly.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
I think Mosely is back from injury....with K Meni back shortly. Apparently Kalala from my sources is a man mountain at the moment, a dangerous proposition.

NCWK

Allen Oxlade (6)
I was under the impression Meni was out for the season...obviously poor info.
Uni v Wests on the weekend was an absolute cracker of a game, watch out for Wests to cause some upsets. Uni started well and scored 2 tries early and then Wests held sway for most of the game save for a few fleeting moments from the outside backs(Sam Edwards looked sharp coming from the 20's). Uni had Hockings, Wallis, Edwards, Moroney all playing so that really strengthened the side from the previous week. Hopefully they'll keep the winning feeling this weekend against the Tigers.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
No I think Meni is closer than you think to a comeback. Not saying it's next week but about four or so weeks should see him play again.

Status
Not open for further replies.