• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Sage, looking forward to your North vs South Colts team comments and how it matches up with our forum predictions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Sage, looking forward to your North vs South Colts team comments and how it matches up with our forum predictions?

Haven't really had to much time to look, but from the glance:

I like the South team, probably a few Sunnybank guys may be disappointed, but I think it was almost in-line with what you guys said.

The North team, well it was only me who said anything and I didn't get many right anyways particularly in the forwards. I didn't see Norths or GPS play at all during the season, so I can't say too much on that front. Will have a closer look maybe tomorrow. The North looks like they just picked the same guys based upon schoolboys selections, particularly in the forwards.

My prediction Norths will get OWNED, particularly in the forwards, then in the backs

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from Colts Grand Final

Flickr or Facebook

28802288976_fee75a35e6_c_d.jpg

28218792853_02b333fc81_c_d.jpg

NCWK

Allen Oxlade (6)
The North v South selection....we'll run with "questionable"....were these teams picked 6 months ago based on schoolboy teams?? No James McMillan from UQ, Jac VanEden from Wests doesn't get in? Picking guys that played minimal games and even guys who didn't start regularly on some teams. Hardly seems fair.

I thought the Bond hooker would get a crack at their side but not there either.

I'm assuming that guys playing from last year don't have to trial...Hoopert, Luka, McNamara, Nucifora etc

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
The North v South selection..we'll run with "questionable"..were these teams picked 6 months ago based on schoolboy teams?? No James McMillan from UQ, Jac VanEden from Wests doesn't get in? Picking guys that played minimal games and even guys who didn't start regularly on some teams. Hardly seems fair.

I thought the Bond hooker would get a crack at their side but not there either.

I'm assuming that guys playing from last year don't have to trial.Hoopert, Luka, McNamara, Nucifora etc
Like Lenac getting a start?

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Think Hooperts injured. No real comment on the selections to date. Just have to see how these guys perform.

However selections should be made on merit and performance; to do otherwise is a folly for both those selected and those not selected and a detriment to Australian Rugby.

James McMillan is also injured.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Brothers have picked a few colts to play the USA college u23 team on Wednesday nite.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Another thing on selection is picking people in THEIR positions. It doesn't work too well when you don't. Examples are Scott-Young at 6 (u20) he's either a lock or 8 not a six. Reilly at wing when he's a centre (schoolboys).

At the next level these type of selections are not successful. So selectors can not have it both way. Either select players in their positions or as an impact reserve player. Not everyone is a Pocock

NCWK

Allen Oxlade (6)
I would describe the selection of Lenac as questionable indeed Breakdown. He only would have played a hand full of games for us this year, it seemed that there was a revolving door of halfbacks this year. Other than that I wasn't aware of injuries to McMillan so that would explain that one. Apart from that, there will always be discussion on selection...if it was easy we would all be doing it.
Agree Sage, pick them in their own positions...don't simply put the best 15 players on the field in whatever way they may fall...

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Lenac was part of the u20's training squad last year and has been unfortunate with injury, which is controlled by the Reds as to when you may or may not return, he did play and bench for the Prem's a couple of games. You are right though players are picked on their pedigree and not current form. This said, I think the aim of this is to select next years u20's squad and Lenac is part of the Reds wider development squad. I'm sure the selection was not a spur of the moment thing either.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Anyone know the history and stats on the North vs South Colts game? Which team is the current holder and years won?

rugby4life

Frank Row (1)
Yes I agree. I think you'll find that a number of the lads picked are in fact in the Reds U20 squad already who have been training weekly since December last year. Yes, some of the guys have been out with injuries (understand they have not been rushed back by the Reds also I am led to believe), moreso to make sure they are injury free.

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
Yes I agree. I think you'll find that a number of the lads picked are in fact in the Reds U20 squad already who have been training weekly since December last year. Yes, some of the guys have been out with injuries (understand they have not been rushed back by the Reds also I am led to believe), moreso to make sure they are injury free.

Coaches must real issues around players being 'managed' in their recovery etc and also being held back from playing club because of saving them for rep commitments. I look at the example of young Nucifora at Bond who has played bugger all rugby this season but when he has taken the field he has picked up a number of soft tissue injuries and many coaches think this type of situation is due to limited time on the field. Interesting

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
The Southern team looks ok, there were a few from Bond I did not expect to be in the team. I thought there were better players that missed out Would like to have seen a few more boys from East's, I think they were underrated and played well towards the back end of the comp.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Shout out to Refabit, well done mate you called the most important game of all and ripped off the shackles of the KOD

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
North
1. Jacob Williams - University of Queensland
2. Effie Maafu - Wests
3. Jacob Pinkney - Norths
4. Dan Byrne - GPS
5. Emmanuel Meafou - Brothers
6. Rhys Martin - Brothers
7. Connor Moroney - University of Queensland
8. Sam Wallis - University of Queensland
9. Jordan Lenac - University of Queensland
10. Alex Horan - University of Queensland
11. Lorenzo Skelton - Brothers
12. Tony Hunt - University of Queensland
13. Thomas Da Forno - Norths
14. Kalib Coventry - Brothers
15. Cliff Setu - University of Queensland
16. Josh Graham - Wests
17. Wyatt Setu - University of Queensland
18. Latrell Soli - Brothers
19. Sosifa Funaki - Brothers
20. Dewet Castelyn - Wests
21. Reuben Wall - Brothers
22. Liam Richman - Brothers
23. Kalaal Meni - University of Queensland
24. Kallum McKay - Norths
Head Coach - Lachlan Parkinson

South
1. Brayden Schiller - Easts
2. Eric TouAriki - Souths
3. Luke Rutherford - Sunnybank
4. Ben Grant - Bond University
5. Callum Ball - Bond University
6. Lachlan Currie - Bond University
7. Jack Farrell - Souths
8. Jamison Quirke - Bond University
9. Rodney Pita - Souths
10. Hamish Stewart - Bond University
11. Jezzy Ioane - Sunnybank
12. Tyrone Southern - Sunnybank
13. Dylan Riley - Bond University
14. Hayden Sargeant - Bond University
15. Jayden Ngamanu - Souths
16. Jake Mc Garry - Bond University
17. Eli Fakailoatonga - Sunnybank
18. Joel Kuchel - Bond University
19. Nathan Den Hoedt - Sunnybank
20. Alex Kerswell - Easts
21. Zac Newton - Bond University
22. Kenric Rotshceid – Felu - Sunnybank
23. Ethan Lolesio - Bond University
24. Zak Shepherd - Sunnybank
Head Coach - Tyrell Barker

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
From Earlier

South
1. Braden Schiller
2. Johann Koorts
3. Gavin Luka
4. Ben Grant
5. Zac Shepherd
6. Emasi Ganita
7. Jack Farrell
8. Tuaina Tualima
9. Harry Nucifora
10. Liam McNamara
11. Jezzy Ioane
12. Hamish Stewart
13. Dylan Riley
14. Hayden Sargent
15. Jayden Ngamanu
16. Eli Fakailoatonga
17. James Gall
18. Joel Kuchel
19. Callum Ball
20. Jamison Quirk
21. Rodney Pita
22. Tyrone Southorn
23. Josh Coward

Well you guys got 14 out of 23. The green ones are correct and the red ones are correct but not in number order. The brick coloured ones are previously selected but not on the sheet. Would expected they are already in the system somewhere.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
My selections (not very close and thanks for the help!! ;))

Premier North Colts

(1) Harry Hoopert - Brothers
(2) Effie Maafu - Wests
(3) Josh Graham - Wests
(4) Harry Hocking - UQ
(5) Emmanuel Meafou - Brothers
(6) Jackson Evans - Brothers
(7) Tom Zappala - Brothers
(8) Castlyn Dewet - Wests
(9) Jac Van Eeden - Wests
(10) Alex Horan - UQ
(11) Lorenzo Skelton - Brothers
(12) Tony Hunt - UQ
(13) Liam Richman - Brothers
(14) Kailab Conventry - Brothers
(15) Chris Morgan - Brothers

(16) Laterell Soli - Brothers
(17) Robby MaCaffrey - Brothers
(18) Will Wilson - Brothers
(19) Rhys Martin - Brothers
(20) Jodan Lenac - UQ
(21) Joshua Fernandez - Wests
(22) Kalala Meni - UQ
(23) Cliton Setu - UQ

Well I got (have a guess) 14 out of 23. The green ones are correct and the red ones are correct but not in number order. The brick coloured ones are previously selected but not on the sheet. Would expected they are already in the system somewhere. I really stuffed up the forwards, particularly the back row. (I have no idea, obviously or too biased or both).

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Week 3 GRAND FINAL (ALL IN!)

Great win on the weekend to The Bank. Congratulations guys well played!!

The final results. I put Refabit ahead of HTC as he beat him by 1 point on the points difference (sorry about that chief). The rest is self explanatory (I hope).

The Tally:

1.(3).-.--..-Sage .-.. -.4/4.-..-52/72 .-..(-937 points) -..- 72.22%
2 (4).-..Refabit..-.-.. 4/4..--. 50/72..- .(-1,002 points) - 69.44%
3 (1) .-..- HTC .-..--.0/4.--.-50/72.-.(-1,003 points)- ..-69.44%
4 (5).--. .NCWK ..-.- 4/4 -.-..41/60 .-.(-812 points) - -.-.68.33%
5 (4).--. Phatmik..-.-.0/4. -..34/52..-..(-746 points) -..- 65.38%
6 (5) .--..N Dobell..-. -/----. ..15/24.. ..(-400 points)..-. - 62.50%
7 (6)..---New Rec. .-.-0/4-.-.21/40..- ..(-534 points) -..-. 52.50%

THE HONOUR BOARD

MINOR PREMIER: NCWK

POINTS DIFFERENCE CHAMP: Sage -13.08 per game
(Regular Season)

RECORD LOW POINTS DIFF: NEW RECRUIT_BRiISSY with 0 (Preliminary Final).
HTC and Phatmik with -17

Status
Not open for further replies.