• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD COLTS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
Well what a great year 2017 was for the Colts programs. It would appear to me that all clubs are realizing the importance of the colts programs and are as such investing in the future of their clubs through the colts programs.

Congratulations To USQ for winning the Grand final and taking out the Premiership. However for me player of the match for the season has to be Wests for what they achieved.

What's your pick for the season and who is going where.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Can't wait to see what Wests produce in 2018... Had a solid year in 2017, finishing equal first during the regular season but where sweep aside in straight sets and pretty convincingly come finals time.

Building a colts program depends on consistency . Will Wests depend on the kiwi imports again or have a more locals?

Brothers and Uni will be strong just off the back of this years teams,

Any Todd Dammers coached team (souths) will recruit well as Easts and Sunnybank do

Should be a great year

The real Wally

Frank Nicholson (4)
So what is the chat around town? Where are the players all heading to and who are the coaches? I see Easts had their intro afternoon drinks last Saturday. I can only imagine Wests have recruited well as will have Brothers and Uni. Bond also building a program with facilities that are second to none.

shrek

Frank Row (1)
I think its in response to the QRU Premier colts going to U20 in 2019, which brings it all into alignment with NSW U20 Colts & Schools soon all to be under 18 in year 12.

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
I must admit, I am a little disappointed at the lack of chatter on this post, surely there must be some news. Ok here some to get us started, New coach at Sunnybank, Very good coach, new coaches at brothers, good coaches. Heard of lots of players going to Easts, Wests, and normal to Brothers, but not hearing a lot going to Uni. They will however get there normal influx in the new year.

Any tips to who half backs will be at the top four clubs,

here is my tip for table at end of normal rounds

1/ Brothers
2/ Wests
3/ Uni
4/ GPS
5/ Bond
6/ Easts
7/ Sunnybnak
8/ Souths

go nuts everyone

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
Also, my smokey tip, you can all laugh at me, but its a smokey, that Uni will miss the top 4

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
I must admit, I am a little disappointed at the lack of chatter on this post, surely there must be some news. Ok here some to get us started, New coach at Sunnybank, Very good coach, new coaches at brothers, good coaches. Heard of lots of players going to Easts, Wests, and normal to Brothers, but not hearing a lot going to Uni. They will however get there normal influx in the new year.

1/ Brothers
2/ Wests
3/ Uni
4/ GPS
5/ Bond
6/ Easts
7/ Sunnybnak
8/ Souths

go nuts everyone

Are you predicting Norths to be so bad that they miss the table? Didnt think the club had fallen that far.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)

1/ Brothers
2/ Wests
3/ Uni
4/ GPS
5/ Bond
6/ Easts
7/ Sunnybnak
8/ Souths

go nuts everyone

Only thing I would argue over is Sunnybank being so far down the list. Just cannot see that happening. Agree with Brothers at the top with so much talent in their second year but winning the GF may be subject to whether the Prem grade team make finals and the Colts getting their eligible talent back like this year.

Uni do not have too many returning from their Premiership team in 2018 so will be relying on who they pick up especially from outside of Brisbane.

I have heard Wests have picked up a Nudgee lad or two which is unusual.

The real Wally

Frank Nicholson (4)
Have heard a few Nudgee lads popped up at the Easts welcome drinks. Souths have been training for a while with a number of BBC boys there. They may surprise a few people.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
2018 Colts Recruits from what I know (Some might not be right) of Queensland Schoolboys and stars of GPS, AIC and CSS teams.

Brothers:
Harry Wilson (GT)
Hudson Creighton (Padua)
Hoani Ford Stephens (GT)
Eugene Koortz (IGS)
Byron Ralston (GT)
Egan Siggs (TSS)

GPS:
Braydon Law (Marist)
Emosi Tuqiri (Marist)
Jaz Day (Marist)
Tom Kibble (BBC)
Tom Forde (NC)

Wests:
Jordan Petaia (BSHS)
Clinton Malolua (BSHS)
Alex Smit (BSHS)
Cooper Whiteside (IGS)
Prynce Taugaele (BBC)
Hayden Moseley (NC)
Zac Steer (SLC)

Souths:
Billy Rutherford (SLC)
Cullen Ngamanu (BBC)
Rhys Van Nek (BBC)
Angus Dean (SLC)
Theo Fourie (Rockhampton Grammar)
Viliami Lea (IGS)

UQ:
Morne Knop (SPC)
Ryan Gassman (GT)
Harry McMahon( Sunshine Coast Grammar)

Sunnybank:
Joseph Faulalo (IGS)

Easts:
Phoenix Hunt (NC)

Bond:
Lachlan Connors (SPC)
Josh Vuta (Somerset)
Max Dowd (TSS)

Logan:
Francis Pona (BSHS)
Jared Chambers (BSHS)
Sini Wolske (IGS)

Norths:
Mila Lalotoa (Aspley SHS)

Anyone else have more names? I assume there’s more TSS boys at Bond.

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
2018 Colts Recruits from what I know (Some might not be right) of Queensland Schoolboys and stars of GPS, AIC and CSS teams.

Brothers:
Harry Wilson (GT)
Hudson Creighton (Padua)
Hoani Ford Stephens (GT)
Eugene Koortz (IGS)
Byron Ralston (GT)
Egan Siggs (TSS)

GPS:
Braydon Law (Marist)
Emosi Tuqiri (Marist)
Jaz Day (Marist)
Tom Kibble (BBC)
Tom Forde (NC)

Wests:
Jordan Petaia (BSHS)
Clinton Malolua (BSHS)
Alex Smit (BSHS)
Cooper Whiteside (IGS)
Prynce Taugaele (BBC)
Hayden Moseley (NC)
Zac Steer (SLC)

Souths:
Billy Rutherford (SLC)
Cullen Ngamanu (BBC)
Rhys Van Nek (BBC)
Angus Dean (SLC)
Viliami Lea (IGS)

UQ:
Morne Knop (SPC)
Ryan Gassman (GT)

Sunnybank:
Joseph Faulalo (IGS)

Easts:
Phoenix Hunt (NC)

Bond:
Lachlan Connors (SPC)
Josh Vuta (Somerset)
Max Dowd (TSS)

Logan:
Francis Pona (BSHS)
Jared Chambers (BSHS)
Sini Wolske (IGS)

Norths:

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
Some interesting placements there.

One thing I find interesting is the lack of new players going to the normally very popular UQ. They really do seem to be light on with recruits as per some of the other clubs and other years. My smokey is for USQ to miss the top 4. Souths have done well, but my smokey for the year will be GPS. Can anyone confirm if there 10 from last year is still there, I think his name is Isaac Deflaviers,????

Bladerunner

Frank Nicholson (4)

Brothers:
Harry Wilson (GT)
Hudson Creighton (Padua)
Hoani Ford Stephens (GT)
Eugene Koortz (IGS)
Byron Ralston (GT)
Egan Siggs (TSS)

GPS:
Braydon Law (Marist)
Emosi Tuqiri (Marist)
Jaz Day (Marist)
Tom Kibble (BBC)
Tom Forde (NC)

Wests:
Jordan Petaia (BSHS)
Clinton Malolua (BSHS)
Alex Smit (BSHS)
Cooper Whiteside (IGS)
Prynce Taugaele (BBC)
Hayden Moseley (NC)
Zac Steer (SLC)

Souths:
Billy Rutherford (SLC)
Cullen Ngamanu (BBC)
Rhys Van Nek (BBC)
Angus Dean (SLC)
Viliami Lea (IGS)

UQ:
Morne Knop (SPC)
Ryan Gassman (GT)

Sunnybank:
Joseph Faulalo (IGS)

Easts:
Phoenix Hunt (NC)

Bond:
Lachlan Connors (SPC)
Josh Vuta (Somerset)
Max Dowd (TSS)

Logan:
Francis Pona (BSHS)
Jared Chambers (BSHS)
Sini Wolske (IGS)

Norths:

Wests I think will be strong this year as well as Brothers, just on the boys to GPS Tom Forde is definitely at Brothers, played all his juniors at Brothers

Peter Piper

Frank Row (1)
The question on who will be the halfbacks for 2018 for each club:
Sunnybank: Neil McNamara
East: Phoenix Hunt
Norths: Liam Prentagast
Brothers: Isaac Tarabay
Uni: Dylan Der Meere
GPS:?
West: The guy from last year
Souths:?

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Wests I think will be strong this year as well as Brothers, just on the boys to GPS Tom Forde is definitely at Brothers, played all his juniors at Brothers

I agree for me Wests Brothers and UQ will be the ones to beat.
UQ although not recruiting hard will have a strong second year and culture of winning to help.
Brothers will have the Nudgee production line to feed a strong program.
Wests have recruited hard and well so I expect them to be the big movers.
Sunnybank have a strong group coming through as long as they stick together.
Souths have recruited well and by all accounts are training hard but have almost no continuity.
Bond have the resources of the gold coast but historically just struggled to get it to come together.
GPS are expected to find it tough with not a big recruitment program and a below average result last year
Easts have not been active and could struggle. I hear one of their big recruits has gone to NZ but not confirmed.
Norths are in the same boat
Logan are a bit of an unknown and could really find themselves in a world of hurt if they don't get off to a good start

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Some interesting placements there.

One thing I find interesting is the lack of new players going to the normally very popular UQ. They really do seem to be light on with recruits as per some of the other clubs and other years. My smokey is for USQ to miss the top 4. Souths have done well, but my smokey for the year will be GPS. Can anyone confirm if there 10 from last year is still there, I think his name is Isaac Deflaviers,????

Isaac De Flavis is the guy you’re asking about, turns 19 this year so still eligible for Colts and likely to be back.

Underrated player in my view, bright kid as well (OP1).

Status
Not open for further replies.