• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD COLTS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
I agree as underrated, very good player in my view as well.

De Flavis and Jaz Day were actually the halves for the Ashgrove First XV in both 2015 and 2016, so if they’re both at GPS this year they won’t have much trouble forming a combination.

Jaz is a good player as well, playing Firsts for 3 years and off the bench for Qld 1’s last year.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
2018 Colts Recruits from what I know (Some might not be right) of Queensland Schoolboys and stars of GPS, AIC and CSS teams.

Brothers:
Harry Wilson (GT)
Hudson Creighton (Padua)
Hoani Ford Stephens (GT)
Eugene Koortz (IGS)
Byron Ralston (GT)
Egan Siggs (TSS)

GPS:
Braydon Law (Marist)
Emosi Tuqiri (Marist)
Jaz Day (Marist)
Tom Kibble (BBC)
Tom Forde (NC)

Wests:
Jordan Petaia (BSHS)
Clinton Malolua (BSHS)
Alex Smit (BSHS)
Cooper Whiteside (IGS)
Prynce Taugaele (BBC)
Hayden Moseley (NC)
Zac Steer (SLC)

Souths:
Billy Rutherford (SLC)
Cullen Ngamanu (BBC)
Rhys Van Nek (BBC)
Angus Dean (SLC)
Theo Fourie (Rockhampton Grammar)
Viliami Lea (IGS)

UQ:
Morne Knop (SPC)
Ryan Gassman (GT)
Harry McMahon( Sunshine Coast Grammar)

Sunnybank:
Joseph Faulalo (IGS)

Easts:
Phoenix Hunt (NC)

Bond:
Lachlan Connors (SPC)
Josh Vuta (Somerset)
Max Dowd (TSS)

Logan:
Francis Pona (BSHS)
Jared Chambers (BSHS)
Sini Wolske (IGS)

Norths:
Mila Lalotoa (Aspley SHS)

Anyone else have more names? I assume there’s more TSS boys at Bond.

Ollie Shepherd (BGS) is at Wests

Emmitt Keepa (IGS) at Sunnybank

Xavier Soli (NC) at Brothers

I think Brothers being an almost complete Schoolboy Rep side should be the goods this year. Cannot believe how poor Uni were with recruitment this year. Lack of continuity in coaching and players will hurt Uni in a big way this year.

Peter Piper

Frank Row (1)
Other players coming to Brothers who played First XV 2017
Tristan Stanghon Churchie
Matt La Grande Terrace
George Tarabay Churchie
Nathan Carroll TGS

F

Footy.Freak

The question on who will be the halfbacks for 2018 for each club:
Sunnybank: Neil McNamara
East: Phoenix Hunt
Norths: Liam Prentagast
Brothers: Isaac Tarabay
Uni: Dylan Der Meere
GPS:?
West: The guy from last year
Souths:?

Rutherford will be playing halfback for souths!!!

The real Wally

Frank Nicholson (4)
So what happened in the trials on Saturday? I managed to get out to Souths and watched both Souths Colts teams dismantle the Wests sides. Souths looked good in both games and clearly have been underestimated. Wests have a lot of work to do based on that first hit out. The wingers for Souths were standouts and the pack were strong. Have not heard any of the results from the other games or who played well. Anyone get out to the Easts vs Norths games?

The real Wally

Frank Nicholson (4)
Too True..Lots can change for all squads for all teams. Wests will pull it together and be better for the run.
It will be good to see who ends up in which team as the season progressed across all clubs. There were a lot of good players running around in the second colts teams last season that will step up and inclusion of a mix of high school leavers.

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
I had heard, was not there that Sunnybank dismantled USQ, However USQ are normally slow starters with students coming back for Uni. However that being said several reports coming out that Uni are light on this year in the colts Programs, I guess time will tell. Sources say Uni had few out, but sources also state Sunnybank had a few out. Apparently Brothers vs GPS was a good hit out for both sides, Sources say hard to tell much as was played like a trial with boys coming on and off like a train station. I do Maintain and was confirmed that GPS look like a good side this year, improving all the time. They are my smokey for a top 4 finish.

Who is trialling this week please? Also anyone game to tip a top four,

1/ Brothers
2/ Sunnybank
3/ Bond
4/ GPS or Souths

I know and can hear the laughing and the mocking now, but give it time and put up your 4

ThisOlThing

Bob McCowan (2)
So what happened in the trials on Saturday? I managed to get out to Souths and watched both Souths Colts teams dismantle the Wests sides. Souths looked good in both games and clearly have been underestimated. Wests have a lot of work to do based on that first hit out. The wingers for Souths were standouts and the pack were strong. Have not heard any of the results from the other games or who played well. Anyone get out to the Easts vs Norths games?
Mate first trial game. A lot of players playing out of positions. A lot of players to come into the team. But your point about Souths is warranted. A good performance and some
good depth across the squads. Agree too that those wingers will be hard to contain. The halves for West’s needed to take some control which they failed to do. If it wasn’t for the West’s fullback the score would have looked a lot worse. Entertaining footy early in the season. Love it. Any news from the Easts vs Norths game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagleforlife

Bob McCowan (2)
Mate first trial game. A lot of players playing out of positions. A lot of players to come into the team. But your point about Souths is warranted. A good performance and some
good depth across the squads. Agree too that those wingers will be hard to contain. The halves for West’s needed to take some control which they failed to do. If it wasn’t for the West’s fullback the score would have looked a lot worse. Entertaining footy early in the season. Love it. Any news from the Easts vs Norths game?

I saw on their website Norths won 25-5 verse Easts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)

North got up over Wests in Colts1 26-17 & Colts 2 24-22

Pretty scrappy footy in tough squally conditions - would say lot of West’s top dogs not playing Colts1 today!!! But Norths defended well in Colts1...

Status
Not open for further replies.